Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm struggling to beat Dagon in the single player challenges. How do I beat Dagon in the single player challenge I want his card

I ran into the same problem as you. I got it after probably a dozen tries. Understand that the AI is extremely predictable, and will draw the exact same order of cards each time.

I used pretty much the default monsters deck with a couple tweaks (adding in Archgriffins for chorts, another first light for cleaver)

Mulligan for weather clears — you want at the very least 3 ways to clear weather. You want a first light going if you're going into round 3 for RNR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
I've gotten to level 10 with strictly Monster Weather, but I'm thinking of branching out and trying other decks as well.

What's a decent, fun deck to play out there? Dwarfs?

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

ShowTime posted:

Do you want to rank climb or just have fun?

I don't see Dwarves getting any changes, but ST Control might. Nilfgaard is getting changed, so it's hard to recommend anything in that faction unless you already have it. Same with Skellige.

Mostly interested in fun, but I don't mind seeing better rank numbers. I play this for about an hour or two at night after work up to second tier dailies, and don't have any real ambition to play more then that. Sounds like dwarves is a good fit, then?

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

Flipswitch posted:

With the mages that spawn cards, do you need to actually run that card in the deck? with the wording of Spawn I'm gonna go with no but eh.

Spawn = No, those cards are made from the digital aether
Summon = Yes, they must be in your deck.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
Looks like Itlienne will not be getting an enormous nerf — the original was a mistranslation. Just +2 strength.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
In addition to frost, here's what most people have been waiting to read:

quote:

Weather changes:
Drought : Now only deals 2 damage instead of 3
Ragh Nar Roog : Now only deals 2 damage instead of 3

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
e: double post

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
Anyone else just stocking up on kegs right now in an attempt to get some of the soon-to-be nerfed cards for milling?

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
This should mean a strategy could be to craft nerfed gold premiums, and mill them post-patch for a pretty solid powder -> scraps conversion.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
Maybe there's an accounting/economic reason they can't give you back meteorite powder, but this is nearly comically broken on how easy it will be to get golds during the refund period if you're willing to part with some :20bux:. I don't see them doing this in the future, but who knows.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
If you have any spare scraps & powder you should probably go ahead and make premium RNR/Drought. There seems to be zero downside, unless you really value powder (which is silly since you can buy it directly).

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

The Iron Rose posted:

Do you have to craft then convert the legendaries before the patch?

This is the likely assumption, yes. Otherwise it's tantamount to having a cash:scraps ratio for 5 days.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

frajaq posted:

Goddamn Skelliege really has some stupid cards and they're everywhere, like cockroaches. I'll stop playing this until the next balance patch because holy poo poo

As a relative beginner playing the meta Skellige bears deck, I'm just amazed at the flexibility of this deck. Feel like I have answers for literally everything the opponents throws at me.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
Skellige bears doesn't have to win R1 either, due to the carryover value of Morkvarg and the insane finishers in Hjalmar & Shieldmaidens.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
The acute issue with the previous patch was the sheer volume of changes.

I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to be on a 2-3 week cycle for balance changes, but each large patch needs a solid direction on behalf of the devs. It's impossible to do anything specific when you change each faction so drastically.

You then open the door for many things being broken — which is obviously difficult to cover in a following patch without leaving new holes.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

No Wave posted:

Reddit is stealing our enjoyment again. We can't keep letting them get away with it.

Feel like MP game devs teams learn very quickly (usually through a similar visceral experience) to just ignore the internet except for bugfixes.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
I did all of the challenges before dumping any cash into it, so it is definitely doable.

Mind letting us know what you're having trouble with? It's likely just a couple basic principles you're missing that aren't as apparent from the get-go (e.g., card advantage is an enormous premium in this game — much more so than something like HS or MTG).

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

Flipswitch posted:

All the flying ghost babies.

Do we have an eta in the patch going live? I always sort of stall playing waiting for the changes.

I would imagine early next week, like last time.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

Turin Turambar posted:

Does it protect from Reset effects?

Not sure if this interaction was patched in or not, but last time I checked Shield will not protect from Reset effects, but it WILL protect from weaken effects that are resolved at the same time as the Reset (i.e., with Peter Saar, shield will not protect the reset from occurring, but it will shield the weaken).

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

Reality Winner posted:

Have they talked about bringing this to phones at all?

I'm sure they're thinking about it, but I doubt it's a priority before the release.

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac
Yeah, I'm up to something dumb like 39k scraps. Gonna wait for the meta to settle before I do anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BitesizedNike
Mar 29, 2008

.flac

Subvisual Haze posted:

A reset+weaken effect will still reset though (Mardroeme/Peter), which feels strange.

My guess is that reset isn't coded to trigger a power-reduction flag, since it's not strict power reduction. Obviously, CDPR could add some logic for this, but for all I know it could be a balancing thing.

BitesizedNike fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Jul 10, 2017