Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I want isengrim commando hordes back :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Arrrthritis posted:

Yeah, I think it went 1 keg for every 5 player levels and 1 keg for every player rank. Only the kegs bought with actual money were a 1:1 transfer.

Hit level 10 and got my ranked play placement. I played the last few levels with my mulli'tel deck because using Ragh Nah Roog wild hunt just felt too cheesy. I think I need to pick up a Saskia to replace one of my gold cards though.

This is my new elf gimmick too. saesenthesis feels underwhelming though

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

BabyRyoga posted:

Lost another game cause Summoning Circle bugged out again. Man, this card is garbage.

i've used summoning circle as my first card in second or third rounds and it fizzles

i'm not sure if thats intentional XD

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i still enjoy my life in the casual play bowels where turn 1 is life or death and people will use every card in their hand to win it

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Kawabata posted:

also don't play renew unless you already have 200+ hours of gwent competitive play and are extremely good at deckbuilding

alternatively, don't play renew

why is this

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Mr. Pool posted:

Toruviel card has the best art, I use my meteorite on that one.

It doesn't seem like many people play ambush mechanics so it gets forgotten about a lot too
Toruviel is my favorite card right now. I've won a lot of close games because of her, and downright stolen wins from sloppy players using her.

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I just got turn 1 Tibor'ed!

and he tried to pass early on round 2 and got toruvieled :3

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Steve2911 posted:

They may as well just make the GG reward automatic. All it means as-is is that everyone gets it unless someone was a dick.

isn't that the point?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
punish might be going too far

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
What's the most useful elf gold? Aglais? I already have saskia and isengrim

i don't really use any of the row movement cards or have dwarfs in me deck so zoltan isnt that applicable to me

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

8-Bit Scholar posted:

I'm struggling to beat Dagon in the single player challenges. How do I beat Dagon in the single player challenge I want his card

you can build an elf deck with francesca and 3 clear weather cards and ida emean, if you have the cards

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Magic Underwear posted:

Can anyone explain this card: http://www.gwentdb.com/cards/50192-the-guardian

It's essentially the most base power a silver card can have but it comes with the extremely strong ability that essentially reads "your opponent can't mulligan in between rounds". That doesn't even rate a 1 power reduction? Seems like a bit much.

did you play the witcher 2? that thing was badass.

its probably a little weaker than it should be

to be clear i think it should have scorch effect too

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
can someone explain in tiny baby words how yaevinn is good because im convinced he's a spot that could be used on literlaly any other card a scoiatael deck could field unless im in the situation where i need to lose a round

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
people don't gg when they lose in the daytime! two straight games of it! Sad!

(praise toruviel)

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Robutt posted:

Toruviel is the best and most fun card.

I've been experimenting with an ambush focused ST deck and it's pretty bad but ho-oly poo poo is toruviel fun and awesome. Maybe it's just the casual matchmaking I'm getting but so many people do not know how to deal with or account for her. Or maybe they just forget that she is potentially 14 strength? Either way winning the first round is amazingly easy because of the Saskia/Roach burst plus Toruviel and maybe a couple other cards into a pass as almost every time my opponent will play cards to catch up then lose to Toruviel. I only wish I could figure out a way to then win either turn 2 or 3. I realise she's good in other decks but I like playing with the new Elven Mercenaries and Dol Blathanna trappers which work in a similar fashion to Rot Tossers in that your opponent will go out of their way to try and lock/banish them.

i actually think that toruviel is better in later rounds against people who dont know to respect the threat

you can easily win a round 1 with the saskia roach, or other cards, sacrifice your card advantage, and then round 2 you can steal wins by putting down a few cards, keeping it close, and then putting down toruviel. most people will pass to maintain their lead in cards and not commit too much and i also believe most people believe theyre facing vridhedd sappers

edit last turn should be obvious, put her down whenever really unless your afraid of a lock

Up Circle fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Jun 2, 2017

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Robutt posted:

Sometimes I will just immediately pass to a turn 1 or 2 Yenn Con opening. I loving hate that card so much that most of the time I would rather just not have to deal with it.
i might lose the game, but i derive some weird sense of satisfaction from beating that card no matter what

maybe im a masochist

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i milled everything for a crazy weird scoiatael deck but im having fun and i still have 1000 scraps and (almost) enough cards for the other factions at this point

it wasnt north realms though !!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
if you dont play witcher 1 at least once youre not a real witcher and you should e banned from gwent

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
starring ciri but all her sync-kills are ripped from arkham citys catwoman animations

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
ive burned myself so many times that whenever i use scorch i have a fleeting moment of panic when the card plays and i hear the sound and i frantically quadruple check my side of the boards numbers

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Someone needs to put a stop to toruviel, this is getting out of hand.

i won 5 of 6 games i played last night using her and im getting bolder and bolder by the day

two different people got 2-0ed in ranked with 8+ cards in hand thanks to a 2nd round toruviel and an early pass

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
ideally, your opponent throws his headphones off and accidentally smashes his monitor in the process after you play nausicaa standard bearers 3(5?) times, gaining you a forfeit win

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

dead comedy forums posted:

I have her, a couple of elf mercenaries... hmm, worth a try? Any cheap scoia'tael cheap ambush decks worth having?
i think it's insanely fun to find ways to swing rounds using her, and elven mercenaries are a great combo. there aren't enough ambush cards to build a deck around it but you can certainly have round winning plays with the handful of cards that exist

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
ive seen exactly 1 unseen elder in all the time ive played from closed beta until today

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
its like they read my mind and buffed all the scoiatael cards i like.

what do the mage changes mean? I don't even remember what they used to work like

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
they have to be crafted???

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
good thing i unboxed that cerys yesterday in that case

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
i finally have enough scraps for my scoia'tael movement deck! It's like gwent christmas!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I don't expect this deck to ever be really competitive or elite but i have fun with it.

are there any ways to tweak it or anything obvious i'm missing? i have almost every scoiatael card to fill in holes

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

lol wait so you can mill newly crafted cards for the full value?

That means you can get effectively infinite scraps as long as you are willing to spend $5 for per legendary. That seems uh...not very well thought out.

unless you work at cdpr and you want more money

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

The Gorp posted:

He's one of the best spies, card advantage is normally worth 10 points on a round where you're super ahead or behind with comeback potential.
Frightener is amazing because he dies/kills something with frost to boot.

Spy cards like that are never worth it third round, are they? unless you have a scorch to take care of the problem?

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Kawabata posted:

There's a loving Kambi deck around that's almost unbeatable unless you're running lock and have it in the hand in the third round.

I wish I was trolling, I just lost to it twice with a 3 card advantage.

sometimes the best answer is just passing

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
fifty dollars for a f2p video game in order to exploit a way to get more scrap craft more golds than you'd ever need or want

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Subvisual Haze posted:

The true rear end in a top hat opponent plays every card with one second left on the timer once they know they've been beaten.

nothing in this game genuinely tilts me, with this one exception. when 1 game takes 15 minutes I lose my poo poo

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

ShowTime posted:

Avallac'h is just an all around good card. He is basically a 10strength gold unit for free. He is even better in decks that can thing, increasing their gold and silver draws. And yea, he is really good in Axeman or any deck that doesn't mind you playing more units, because sometimes you playing more units is a good thing.

He is one of the best gold cards in the game because he is a neutral. Hell, he might be the best gold card in the game.

yeah in tw3:twh he was the best card in the game i agree

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
Ambush just needs more options.

They don't have to bring back poo poo like closed beta Ciaran but they need more than the lady who hurts stuff and toruviel and 3 not so great bronzes that occassionally make your opponent waste a lock on them if they even BOTHER to lock an ambush card

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
similar question why does fringilla vigo have the best loving premium card ever

Regular card too!

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
literally robbed me

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008

Relentlessboredomm posted:

This and the fact that when you're choosing cards they aren't all displayed within one screen. Don't make me loving scroll to pick which card to mulligan.

you cant be bothered to scroll? is this real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Up Circle
Apr 3, 2008
I just got villentretenmerth ahhhh :X