Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"

Pwnstar posted:

Dagon is insanely more difficult than any of the other tutorial/challenges. The other ones you barely have to read what your cards do, Dagon gets like 40 strength in turn 2 while having approximately 200 weather cards in his deck.

I'm at the same point. gently caress Ragna Rock or whatever that meteor storm is called!

(I just wanna play weather bullshit myself)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
My current newbie strategy: Nilfgard Cowstorm.
Just shooting all them cows and bouncing the launchers repeatedly so you get more moo for your buck.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Oh yeah, my first gold cards from a keg!

Choices:
Geralt (starter), Cahir (starter), Woodland spirit.

Guess I'll take the spirit, even though I own 0(!) Foglet type cards.
:shrug:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

No Mods No Masters posted:

Some bronzes are common and some are rare, and you do get at least 1 rare per pack. Silvers are all epic

It's a perception problem. Opening most boosters feel like you're getting just crap, because rare's look just like commons.
They probably should have split bronze cards into 2 colors.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Speaking of perceptions. Anyone else auto-picking animated cards over non-animated ones?

I don't need 2 animated bomb-throwing elves. I don't play squirrels and even if I did, I wouldn't include them.
Still, I picked them over other useful rares.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

It's shuffled normally. Ciri:dash is a bad gold, unless you run thinning and/or Royal decree.

she's 9+Roach, 12, 15 on a proper deck.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Lester Shy posted:

Now to keep playing and risk getting a leader as my level 20 reward or miss out on 6-8 kegs worth of daily rewards.

Just roll with it like I did and get your 2nd Priscilla.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Looks like I'm getting couple of free rares, by milling bunch of changed premium rares/commons.

200 for each premium common
400 for each premium rare

And if you want to get specific rares, now would be good time to buy some Meteorite powder and convert some of your spare nerfed commons/rares to premiums.

29 euros for 8 rares worth of powder... very tempting.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Magic Underwear posted:

Premium leaders are the best possible value for your powder anyway since they animate in the deck chooser and every game you play with them.

Conversely premium spells are a huge waste because they don't stick around, also premium spells tend to have more boring animations than units (seriously, look at premium drought and tell me that's worth 400 powder)

It's worth 1600 scrap now! :haw:

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Patch is up!

11k scrap and ready to roll.

Did anyone get that +30 scrap per keg bought? My account didn't have any extra scrap from that.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Cool.

Also buying Meteorite powder and Animating cards that are getting nerfed worked really nicely. I can finally expand non-Nilfgaard decks beyond Geralt/triss golds.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Sultan Tarquin posted:

So can I still craft a rag na rog and then mill the premium to double my scrap? Or is it only ones crafted before the patch?

Tested this by crafting Vicovaro Novice and then milling it (Non-premium as I have no dust left)

-80 to make and +80 to mill. Seems to accept new crafts for full milling value.

Go hogwild and get the rares you always wanted.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Yeah. Premium cards are nice, but currently I'd rather have 2 regular rares instead.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

You get a gold card. Mine was Priscilla no.2.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Have you considered crafting your own Tibor? (or another Power-Rare your deck could use)

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Flipswitch posted:

I think Saesenthesis might take that crown tbh. Admittedly I have no idea what Priscilla even does but I still stand by my statement.

The Dragon is bad as gently caress.

I'd rather have a dragon.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

The Gorp posted:

Dandelion does almost the same thing, although immediately and with more power behind a gold.

Also doesn't unintentionally enable enemy Geralt:ignis, nor run away from the table.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Stupid noob question: should I be buying card kegs with my earned resources? I am level 7 just working through the challenges.

Resources are bit confusing at start.

1:st one (ORE) can only be used to buy kegs. 100 per keg.
2nd one (SCRAPS) is for buying cards straight. Price is based on rarity: 30/80/200/800 for regular cards, lot more for animated
3rd one (METEORITE POWDER) is for transmuting regular cards into animated ones . Price 100/200/300/400
4th one is KEGS. Open them to get cards.

Issaries fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Jan 9, 2018

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Arena, how I love you.

Currently having 4 golds, 6 silvers and no changes.

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Tafferling posted:

Soo, I want back in but the last time I played there were resurrections and poo poo. Now NR is a mess and there are too many cards! What can I do on the cheap with them?

Also, golds are getting wrecked. There's no immunity anymore!

Big rear end golds are mostly dead outside Ciri:Nova, but they're still the best cards. Lot of them have unique abilities and lot of utility, compared to silvers/bronze.

NR has couple of good archetypes:
Foltest and power 3 temerians. It basically vomits out lot of troops that get buffed up high. Uses mostly old cards.
Foltest, Blue stripe scouts and field medics all boost your forces, with reaver scouts and reinforcements fetching those guys.

Curse decks are viable, but if you haven't played after they came out, you'll have to craft most of the deck.
They're usually based on Kaedwani revenants and Tormented mages casting spells to get revenanants to multiply.

Henselts machine decks are fun and have mostly older cards with couple of new ones.
These deck usually have 2-3 different siege machines and winch event, which creates a choice of 3 machines. Idea is to either create a machine that you have 3 in the deck or 1 in hand and 2 in the deck and then use Henselt to summon rest of them from the deck. You usually mulligan excess machines from your hand to enable these tactics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

Francesca is 3 more points than Brouver and boosts Barclay by 3 = 6.
Value of the bronze you swapped away? 11-12.