Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Huh, they swapped the abilities of blue stripes scout and kaedweni sgt, got rid of trio abilities, and nerfed henselt so he can only summon kaedweni or machine allies. There goes my favourite MR strat. (Henselt on sgt to summon 3x and activate + boost blue stripes, triggering ves to cover). Going to have to totally relearn this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

No Wave posted:

There was a Henselt nerf? It's like he's being nerfed out of habit at this point.

Yep, he can only summon all copies of certain cards now (kaedweni, machine and I think support maybe?)

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Captainicus posted:

I guess Henselt isn't very good since the only kaedwen I remember them playing is just the dun banner heavy cavalry. Henselt's definitely odd now, feels like you should just use him for value to summon a bunch of siege weapons or drummers, as opposed to the previous summon 13ish reavers.

I've found kaedweni siege platform + ballista works well, especially against sizeable low value decks like monsters. Platform - ballista - henselt can get you 8 shots in which can clear the board pretty rapidly if there's not too much armour about.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

It makes zero sense that cards like ballistas and battering rams can be agile tbh

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

I know Henselt machines is a pretty inconsistent deck and a poor choice competitively but my god when it all comes together it's so satisfying. Just obliterating the enemy with mass ballista fire will never not be amazing, especially when you turn around a huge point deficit. So powerful against decks that rely on lots of small cards like some monsters setups. You're kind of hosed if you don't get at least one ballista and one kaedweni siege support in your hand though.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Dagon loving HATES redanian knights though and I absolutely love the feeling of forcing impenetrable fog on a crowded row to backfire. Shame most higher rank players realise this and use biting frost instead.

Also kind of wish there weren't so many flexible units. Sure, some make sense, but I can apparently put ballistas in close quarters?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Lmao at the tit bounce animation on ves though Jesus Christ

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Had a great game the other day where the guy was running a consume unseen elder deck against my henselt machines. I had no way of neutralizing the big guy which he'd strengthened to something stupid and he was ahead by a round so I thought I was buggered as I was something dumb like 60 behind. All I had left was hanmarvyns blue dream, henselt, and some lovely blanks like a light cavalry and a witch hunter

Imagine my surprise when he throws out a succubus just to rub it in, then imagine me pissing myself as I henselt into a machine to kill the succubus then revive it with blue dream to steal his loving leader card from under him.

Moral of the story is sometimes it's good to not be a dick lol. Blue dream is such a fun card when you get a good opportunity but I guess probably too situational to be any use to the big top league optimal decks.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

I've not spent a penny on this game but have a whole bunch of animated cards just by playing, who's actually spending $$$ on kegs/powder ffs

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Dec 2, 2017

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Boulder pushes a card to the next row 'unless it's full' in which case it's destroyed. Are they introducing a row unit limit? It's not a bad idea actually and would go a long way towards rectifying the 'everything is flexible' trend

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

I can't get past 18 rank and whatever I've stopped even caring. Felt like a badass beating the 19 rank guy I got matched against yesterday though. I would like the cool red border.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

FFS I've lost over 100RP today because this loving videogame keeps crashing to desktop. Is this just me or is it a known issue?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

It does seem pretty dumb that they organised esports poo poo while still in beta and more importantly while half the rules of the game change every other month

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Lmao playing arena, somehow got an incredible 14 gold draw. Thought I had no chance of losing. Somehow managed it though, first two times by just getting awful draws and the third time pretty spectacularly by drawing all golds, opponent flat passes, I play gaunter thinking it's a safe way to get rid of an unpredictable card. Guess who successfully guesses and gets themselves Saesenthessis: Blaze, banishing all their golds and replacing them with a bunch of trash. Lmfao. So mad right now. This game.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Really wish they had some sort of disconnect protection on arena. Was doing alright but down to my last left on the last match of 9, off to a good start, then a get a connection lost and forfeit. I only ever play with ore but if I'd been dumb enough to pay the $2 or whatever I'd be raging.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

did they make this good yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Yeah, I really don't like what they did with homecoming which is a shame because before that it was great. Oh well, thanks anyway!