Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Reveal decks are very fun right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

I've been running a NG reveal deck which can get a lot of power out of it's spotters in the final round. Golems are still really good for deck thinning but I'm thinking about switching them out for more knights or maybe a quen to protect my mangonels.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

lmao just got my first rage quit with the NG anti-Skellige deck that Iv'e been messing with. Resurrected two of their queensguard to my side and locked two of their bears and resurrected one to my side so they just forfeited at round 2.

So far it's not the most consistent deck though, it does well against Skellige and other NG decks but usually gets wrecked by consume decks.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

EvilMike posted:

Personally I like playing a weird dagon fog deck with more spells than normal, with the idea of teching against both monsters and skellege. Win about 4/5 against the former, 2/3 against the latter. The main reason I play it though is just to annoy skellege players by stealing morkvaarg or super buffed axemen. It's not the strongest option available, but it's worth it for the occasional time someone concedes the game in round 1 and doesn't send gg. The better players know how to get around this, but the thing about flavour of the week decks is that most of the people playing them are really bad at the game.

Letho decks can also do funny things by banishing all their melee row, or by eating lord of undvik (banishing it won't trigger the graveyard effect). These kinds of decks are really hard to play well though.

Yeah I've been using letho+dbomb and it's pretty difficult to set up but is very satisfying when it's successful.

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

Nilfgaard is fine...

As long as you have a Letho and play him correctly depending on your opponent, and also play all your other cards nearly perfectly. Really the main problem with Nilfgaard is that it doesn't have the strength to be a top tier deck.

Although even if Nilfgaard is buffed or everyone else is nerfed I'd still use Letho since it's such an interesting card that can counter many strategies and can be insanely powerful with a dbomb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cnidaria
Apr 10, 2009

It's all politics, Mike.

I was playing reveal decks before they were cool but I'm glad they are in style now. Still running letho+dbomb though since it can wreck consume decks and is still great against skellige.