Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

I figured out why the hippo did it.

Great to see this finally in open beta, also speaking of NR figure i'll share this deck since they're all i'm playing right now.

Golds are pretty flexible, apart from Shani and maybe royal decree or a renewal but the silvers are hard locked. General idea is go long in round one with reaver hunters with either Philpa or RNR to close it out, once in round three revive/resurrect the hunters and henselt them out - thinning where you can with scouts/adepts.

Though yeah, overall the faction seems a little disjointed or disconnected, i'd like to see more of the trio keyword - it's a pretty fun mechanic because armor is seriously lackluster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

Meallan posted:

So people that understand Nilfgaard Control decks, this is my current deck.

I'm a F2P so I'm looking for some guidance on what cards I should prioritize, scraps are hard to come by.
So far I'm playing casual and have been winning 80% +-, but I'm afraid of getting stomped on ranked.

Please let me observe a master in action.

By no means an expert, but with Nilfgaard you won't go wrong with Tibor or Vilgafortz for gold slots. As for silvers Guardian and Auckes would be good to have, but after that it comes down to personal taste since silvers seem to be the most competitive slot in any deck - Myrtabrekke was very strong during CB in combination with rot tossers.

Though for sure get yourself some imperial golems, the tempo swing in combination Cahir is very strong plus they help with thinning. Also a few emissaries to help with cycle and thinning as well - just be careful playing those too early.

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

RNR is honestly broken in terms of how strong it is, 6 average damage on board if they can answer, with no upper limit if they can't and on average it's the cost of a bronze card as well - clearing on average is a big loss in tempo, having to clear RNR and to a lesser extent drought really sucks - Ciri is strong, but It's much better to run RNR.

The big problem with gold weathers is that their strength goes way beyond board value, unless you row stack but that just opens you up to biting frost - it’s ridiculously strong in a weather monsters deck.

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

They are pushing very specific synergies too hard in both NR and ST, as a consequence they both suffer for it. The machine archetype can win a round well enough but after that it’s really shaky - armor is similar but much worse.

The only good general bronze card in NR is still reaver hunters even after the change, because they give the faction a better chance at taking 2 rounds. Granted most of this impression is due to skellige and monsters being drat good at threatening powerful boards along with really solid carry over.

brawleh
Feb 25, 2011

I'm gonna kill the bear!