Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

I'm the type of pony everypony should know
I never got into gwent while playing witcher 3. The tutorial wasn't very good and I ended up ignoring it to focus on the real game. So going into this I wasn't quite sure what to expect. Its actually really fun once you understand whats going on. I found the tutorial here much better. That said, I'm playing a dwarf scoia'tael deck right now with Eithene leader. Mostly because I don't really have cards for other decks and managing to get a bunch of dwarf cards with my early few packs so I stuck with it. I'm actually winning most of my matches only losing to someone with a really expensive deck and even those I can beat time to time. Nilfgaard sucks to play against though. Eithene is so flexible, I can use her for stammelford's tremors or scorch or just buffing the resilent dwarves with thunderbolt potion.

Heres the thing. I have no idea what to craft with my 400ish scrap. I can make two silver cards. I'm liking scoia'tael so far so I think I'll stick with it and maybe try other types of decks within the same faction. I heard the mages are strong so should I be crafting Ida Emean? Should I pick up a strong weather spell like skellige storm since everyone seems to be saying weather is strong right now. Or is there another scoia'tael card thats universal in other scoia'tael decks I should get.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Haven't played in awhile and I saw my wild hunt frost deck got killed off so scrapped everything that was full value. I used the scrap and made a mulligan elf deck and wow is this thing strong with the new changes. Buffs flying all over the place and basically letting you pick what you want from your entire deck with Francesca.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Coming back after the newest patch, I haven't met any northern realms lately. Which is nice for my mulligan ST deck because all I've been meeting so far are Spell ST and Dagon with the occasional Skellige. Its working surprisingly well against those decks and win rate shot up considerably. Aglais is great when you can copy restore or artifact compression. Maybe its different in pro ladder or high ranks but the new patch meta has been great for me.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

So It Goes posted:

So now that it's been a while since the patch making golds non-immune, can we all agree that it was a good change. I still think a couple cards are overly weak or weren't changed enough to account for the change (unseen elder), but I like the change overall. Looking back at all the changes that have been made since open beta, it's hard to say they haven't been for the better in the long-term. I remember stuff like the original weather "overnerf" and gold change being a little controversial but I think they worked out. Makes me sure I'm going to be more optimistic about the upcoming agile patch then I'm sure reddit will be.

I'm liking the gold immunity change too. Before you'd have people playing all their golds and you just sat there waiting for them to play a bronze before you can do something. Then there were annoying golds that unless you have shackles you just have to watch that Villentremerth burn all your units off the board. Sure cards like that doesn't see much use lately but its better those cards get a small tweak than making every gold immune again.

On another note I just hit rank 18 and got that nice shiny golden border with a self made deck. That was my goal when I first started the game to get that cool border. Sure its not 21 and the cool grandmaster border but that thing is way too far for me to reach. Now I'm just waiting for the end of the season for the new cards to come out and open all the kegs I saved up.

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Knowlue posted:

On a complete tangent here I remember you from the goonstone tourneys. Cool to see another hs convert here

Oh no the tournament where I got eliminated right at the start. Embarrassing memories starting to surface. But yes I enjoy Gwent a whole lot more than hearthstone and I don't think I'm ever going back to that again.

It'd be cool if there was a goonwent tourney or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velveteen
Sep 17, 2011

Knowlue posted:

Pretty sure I knocked you out man hahaha

I'm 99% sure you were. I think this calls for a friendly rematch on gwent! I'm Velvetkitty on gwent poke me if you would like to play.