Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

botany posted:

so what do you do against yennefer

bdsm dungeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

RatHat posted:

He's not THAT bad. 13 power for a gold is fine.

13 is like the lower limit of what you should be getting out of gold card. Triss almost always gives you 13. geralt is 10 unless you are severely losing, in which case he isn't enough of a swing.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You are lucky it wasn't Tsar Peter, he has absolutely no tolerance for dopplers or echimaras.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Ofifcial deck tier list, by billy age 8

-Skellige deck with werewolf and boats
-John's nilfguard deck w golems
-stupid dwarf bullshit
-the deck i play
-eredin weather

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

No Wave posted:

The game's already total cancer again because every single deck you face in every game mode is a top-level netdeck or the closest approximation of it. It was fun for about a week but it's already the same four decks (dwarves, nilfgaard, eredin weather, morkvarg skellige) over and over, if you're lucky, maybe control scoiatel or queensguard. This is going to continue to be a sticking point with this game. Maybe it's worse because the variance in this game is very low by card game standards so sleazing out a win with a suboptimal deck is less common. (Getting 5 out of my 6 muster cards in my opening hand, a 3% chance, happened 5/7 games today so that's not helping matters).

This is what made the game atrocious (imo) by the end of closed beta. I don't know what the solution is, no card game's been able to crack it.

just throwing cards together to figure out what works gets you 90% of the way to a netdeck unless you're a deeply retarded northman.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
a regular bronze is 8, a regular silver is 10, a regular gold is 13. The value of gaining an extra card is 10. That puts tibor 2 points ahead which is not really absurd in any way.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

No Wave posted:

The value of gaining an extra card isn't ten, it varies depending on the round. Nobody wants to play frightener as their last card round 3 and that can draw you a gold/silver.

Tibor and Kayran are very strong because if you play them last they're 17-18 point golds almost every time. A 3 point nerf would keep them very strong but not quite as autoinclude (Tibor was good at 22 str and I played him, don't know why he was buffed).

The change they'd need isn't dramatic.

the value of an extra card is 10 because the spy that gives you an extra card costs 10. yaevan costs 12, and gives you the option to decide between two cards.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
and ciri's value isnt 7 or even 14, it's 24, which is why everyone is running exactly one shackle

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Up Circle posted:

can someone explain in tiny baby words how yaevinn is good because im convinced he's a spot that could be used on literlaly any other card a scoiatael deck could field unless im in the situation where i need to lose a round

being the last person able to play a card means that you are the player who is allowed to do dumb uncounterable bullshit.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
tsar peter is important because he checks stupid dwarf and monster booster decks.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BabyRyoga posted:

Completely dif note, are there any drawbacks to forfeiting in casual play? For the sake of grinding daily rewards, would it be a good idea to construct a deck out of base cards that just rushes for a round 1 win then forfeits to secure the fastest possible grind? Already past level 10 so I won't be tanking mmr.

furthermore, why shower when i can just spray all my clothes with febreeze

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Magic Underwear posted:

Operator seems much too strong for a neutral. Practically every deck has a few bronzes that are useless without surrounding synergies, so it ends up being this brainless autoinclude with only very rare downside (mirror match where opponent has terrible draw and you fix it for them). I don't mind strong neutral cards but they shouldn't be both strong and generally applicable. Gwent does not need Dr. Boom.

dr boom would be celano harpy

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Rad Russian posted:

They're still providing 0 incentives to ever build decks larger than the absolute minimum of 25 cards. I was hoping that would be one of the big changes from closed beta to open beta. They need some specific card synergies that incentivize that or go with HS system of forcing deck builds from powerful cards (like Reno). I.E. a gold that triggers its effect only if you have at least 35 cards in your deck or more etc.

Or have different deck build rules. Something like a deck at 30 cards gets additional silver slot. A deck at 35 gets an additional gold slot.

the 'nr' gimmick is they should have a fuckton of cards that are conditionally summoned from deck. Like, they should have 20 different flavors of commander/dbc light

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
deck sizes are small because 1) the whole point of any cardgame ever is to minimize risk, and 2) you are only allowed 4 great cards and 6 good cards, so you want to blow through your trash as quickly as possible.

If every 3 bronze gave you an extra silver slot and every 5 gave you an extra gold slot it might get people to go as high as 30, but probably not.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Kawabata posted:

Yeah that's one of the best turn 1s in the game.

"one of" that is, one of two, and the worse of the two.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
the best part of that horrifying post is that milfgaard has the best thematic siege game going right now, in two flavours.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
i want avallach as a nilf counter, in which they mill themselves to 0 cards and then you play avlalach

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Electronico6 posted:

Jokes on you, cause they milled you first by playing their own avalach twice.

sounds like emergent reasons to have a larger deck, friend.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
witcher 1 and 2 are loss leaders for gwent and they gave them away for free

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ShowTime posted:

I think we are only gonna see more of that with the Gwent singleplayer and the possibility that Gwent is just going to be The Witcher 4. One of the things i'm really looking forward to with Gwent.

the witcher 4 is going to star Ciri with mechanics in the vein of SUPERHOT

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
letho is a strong contender for best gold in the game.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

botany posted:

I got hosed super hard T3 once with Letho buthering my whole board and then getting locked + demoted haha. Wasn't even mad, nice to see a less common card do work.

Lethos problem is he is too versatile. He is either a super lacerate, an anti-rez card, an anti-weather card, unseen elder, scorch proofer or scorch enabler. Usually a few of these things at once.

All of his downsides become upsides if you play him on the other side of the board.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
A 9 damage lactate is good value, and milf will always have more than just the golems in the melee lane. It's a shame that lactate fell out of favor for some reason I cant understand, its terrific as a raw source of value compared to other specials.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The monster srarter deck should easily crush every deck except dagon cultists, which it merely beats handily.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
its hard to imagine northern realms gets reinforcements, djikstra, nenneke, and is still somehow trash.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
trout villain is very good and there will always be decks revolving around him

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

BabyRyoga posted:

Supposing gold + silver was 10 total with 4 gold max, would there ever be situations where you would take 7 or 8 silvers at the cost of golds, or are golds just too strong?

What if it was 6 silver/4 gold like now, but you could sub 1 gold for 2 silvers and make it 8/3?

nilf's silvers are better than their golds.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
how does foltest add value to nenneke?

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
saskia is two cards :-3

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

No Wave posted:

NG is too strong but the combat engineer nerf between cb and ob seemed unwarranted. If the idea was that resilience shouldn't be something NG excels at then the card should have been reworked entirely.

resilience is pretty obviously something nilf excels at.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
You have 5 mulligans. Limit yourself to 5 cantrip cards and nobody will get hurt.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
foltest reavers beat henget reavers anyways, and are less dependant on stupid bullshit to win.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
there was a 1 point ciri clone in the closed beta and it was still the second strongest card in the game (before ciri pbuh)

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

No Wave posted:

I was going to write a longer post but honestly monsters has everything. Bronze Triss is their third best bronze card. They have their own Tibor. I guess the one thing they don't have is over the top Nilfgaard silvers.

if you think wyvern is not a trash card than i have some marvelous machines to show you up north

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Double Bill posted:

So NR machines is dogshit, no big surprise there. Loses to every single combo deck in the game.

machines have lovely stats but good effects so just have one or two with a lot of crewmen

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ballista having it's day in the sun

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Locke Dunnegan posted:

I think the idea was that if the SK player is behind and drops Kambi last, try to shoot ahead in the next card or two then pass before Kambi blows up the board. I don't know how useful that advice would be without knowing the board state, considering it's pretty obvious to think "hey I'm ahead and this bird is about to blow up my board, maybe I should pass instead of dumping hand".

What are you supposed to Operator in this deck? Longships? Captains?

Who's bird is it anyways: where everything's made up and your cards don't matter.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

The Gorp posted:

Ever seen 3 foglets and 3 crones in your starting hand?
I feel sick.

this is what you deserve you piece of poo poo. you motherfucker. you human stain. I know what you're doing.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like you mashed two northern realms netdecks together and then complained that your deck was too big, but in 300 words.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
10 points for a gold is a bad deal you idiots.