Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known.

ShowTime posted:

Uhhh this is basically one of the worst things i've ever read of someone doing in Gwent. You should never mill cards, because there will not be another reset and who knows how long or how much scrap it's gonna take you to get it all back. You also used it to build into arguably the worst faction at the moment. So you have a pretty tough uphill battle ahead of you. NR is gonna get tuned for the better but it who knows how long it's gonna take.

For now look into Henselt Reavers. Go to GwentDB.com and look for those decks and just build towards what you can with what you have.

I consciously milled all my Monsters cards because gently caress Monsters, I dislike their mechanics and for some dumb reason I also dislike the idea of playing as the monsters. I intend to build decks for all the factions eventually except that one. I'll get plenty of fun and variety out of four factions and if I'm never going to play that one then :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

Turin Turambar posted:

Well, I'm going to have to abandon my Resilience NG deck. It's literally unplayable. Scorch, Igni, locks, strength resets, strength reversals, and more everywhere. I think my last 6 opponents had each one 2-3 cards of the type.

I couldn't hold for the next round a 10+ strength card in the last 9 games or so.

Instead I will have to try to do a poor's man spy NG Caveilt deck.

Honestly this is my main problem with the state of the game right now. Powerful control effects are so plentiful that tempo-based strategies are largely worthless and irrelevant. And since there's so much of that stuff, spell/control/weather decks dominate, so the game becomes too much about denying the opponent valid targets while trying not to waste too many cards on 0-value "I don't want to pass" plays.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

Wanderer definitely feels like it needs a nerf. The mechanic is cool, and as an NR main I enjoy how well it combos with Istredd and Pincer Maneuver, but it restructures the game too much imo. I'm not sure I like the way it suddenly makes the order of cards in your hand such a significant consideration. The first few turns of R1 are usually not very flexible, and now you get points based on whether your desired openers are on the left or right side of your hand, something that's pure RNG.

Personally I'd just dump the additional card draw. Then it's a good card for decks that have hand manipulation, but not an auto-include for everyone.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

Eh, you're probably right. Idk how to fix it, but it definitely needs a nerf.

On a completely unrelated note: so Scoia'Tael are still pretty weak right now, and as much as I like my symbiosis deck, it does just "okay" against most opponents... But boy howdy does it feel good to be a hard counter to lock-based Nilfgaard. It's such a frustrating archetype to play against, especially with my usual NR, it's strong and super popular right now, and Nature ST just stomps it. So cathartic.

Guildencrantz
May 1, 2012

the_american_dream posted:

Anyone know where this natures gift version of spell ST is?

That deck is really kicking my rear end and I need to understand what’s being played

Not on any meta report I’ve seen and I don’t navigate Reddit super well

More than likely just a bad matchup since I only play with this one NG deck for fun on this dying game

It's a really bad matchup. I have a deck in this vein and while generally not a meta deck, it reliably stomps the poo poo out of most NG decks, there's little you can do. NG typically relies on either locking, poison or milling to deal.with engines, and the Nature's Gift deck has a ton of veil, purify and tutoring.

Generally the main counterplay against this flavor of ST is to make sure it doesn't get to go last and keep some removal in your hand to take down the enormous Gord that's the go-to finisher. That's easier said than done with this super unfavorable matchup though. You probably have to resign yourself to losing against it most of the time and be comforted by the fact that it is, in turn, being kicked around hard by most other factions.