Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
So just to clarify, how exactly is converting meteorite powder to scraps going to work?

So when the patch comes out, you craft legendaries that were nerfed, convert them to premium, and mill for the full 1600 scraps, effectively trading 400 meteorite powder for 800 scraps, correct?

Do you have to craft then convert the legendaries before the patch?

Also, there a list of what legendaries that are being nerfed/what this will work for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Sultan Tarquin posted:

So can I still craft a rag na rog and then mill the premium to double my scrap? Or is it only ones crafted before the patch?

As far as I can tell, you can still craft and mill the premium now.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Lester Shy posted:

Hell yeah, got Rag Nar Roog as my level 20 reward. I guess I should mill it within the next five days regardless, but is it still good enough to run post-nerf? Unfortunately I don't have enough powder to transmute it.

It's not bad at earlier levels and is a pretty decent card to run that synergizes with a lot of decks, but it did get a pretty major nerf. I'd probably mill it, there are usually other, better legendaries you can and should slot in instead.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

honestly I've been finding that my skellige axemen deck works wonders, at least at lower ranks and levels. Control scoia'tiel shits all over it of course, but against every other matchup it's pretty great. Foglets and Crones? Sweet! More targets for my stammelfords, more buffs for my axemen.

Deck, for reference:

Thinking of ditching the roach for a silver weather, which honestly will usually give me way more than 4 value. Not sure how much the milling is worth - the deck isn't overly dependent on drawing any specific cards, not with operator to clone an axeman and two Freyas to use on axemen or bears.

Other than that, the Wild Boar plus Mork combo is just ugly. Use Crach to summon Morkvarg, put Wild Boar between Mork and Crach, and you've just completely nullified all potential downsides of the Boar while generating a huge amount of value in rounds two and three. This is, of course, less useful if you don't draw Wild Boar, but it's generally speaking a really great card to have in longer rounds.

I find you really, really want to play deep for round 1, pass round 2 to gain card advantage. The deck stumbles a bit in round 3 due to the fact that there are generally fewer minions to ping with your damage. YennCon, Hjalmar, and the Shieldmaidens combine fairly well for that though. I know Swim recommends Yennefer for his version of this deck, but honestly I rarely find it's giving me any more value than a Stammellfords does, it doesn't synergize as well with bears, and I usually have a fair few minions on my side of the board too.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Minrad posted:

lmao okay this succ deck is legit e: http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/21369-top-1-lifecoach-jj-consume-monster-updated

the only thing better than two succ is going 2-0 in the mirror :getin:

I succ his loving nekker, he tries to succ my nekker, he gets to succ on Katakan instead and I close out the round with big consumes (and all the nekkers)

It's pretty grand and the succubus is a bitch and a goddamn half, but this deck gets shut down super hard by my axemen skellige deck. Lots of monsters means lots of bears targets means lots of buffed axemen.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Minrad posted:

You don't run into problems against the succubus? Between renew and go'els it's pretty consistent about turning up twice

I literally just unlocked ranked recently so I've mostly been playing against folks who don't have it :v:

Played a bunch of Gwent in the closed beta, but only installed the open beta a few days back when my gaming laptop died and this is the only addicting game that runs on my spare laptop.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

dipwood posted:

That Skellige panda deck is too good. I'm basically on autopilot and climbed several ranks. 100% chance it's getting nerfed.
The panda deck? Do elaborate?

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

The real answer is just to shuffle the deck after you finish mulliganing. You set aside cards you've blacklisted, once you're done mulliganing, put them back in the deck and shuffle.

E: though that wouldn't really work with Nekker warriors and such, because those cards do have to stay at the bottom of the deck. Still, you could just preserve their position and shuffle the rest around.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

You can still right click cards in your hand, but it is insanely annoying no doubt.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Darke GBF posted:

I've been wondering if a higher minimum number of bronze cards per deck might be a good change for the game.

Not a terrible idea, honestly. I'd be interested to see how a 30 card minimum game might work.

Probably easiest to just straight up require 20 bronze cards rather than 15, but you could add 3 bronze and 2 silver, I suppose.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Larger minimum deck size would be interesting but a lot of decks would just massively stack spells/weather

They need a counter on those drat bears and for the axemen to not trigger from literally everything. If my Arachas Behemoths have a -1 for every consume causing them to die after 6 then the bears should be on the same system.

Well that hardly works, they'd be a zero point play. Honestly, bust them to five strength. It opens up a ton of removal options, and bears weren't overpowered by any means at 4.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

I'm definitely liking the look of NR and NG after this. SK and Monsters took a big (albeit deserved) hit.

Which is fine by my books. I like being able to shake up my deck every once in awhile.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

dennyk posted:

Sure, ain't my deck though:

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/26649-4350-top-150-dashguard

Normally I tweak netdecks a bunch, but this one's been working really well as-is and I honestly can't think of anything I'd change given the current meta. You could maybe swap out a Standard Bearer for some other bronze tech card if you aren't seeing much weather, but they're rather handy for keeping your Ocvist alive in a pinch as well.

Also, just had the easiest game ever against Dagon:

R1: I drop a Pikeman, he passes instantly.
R2: Regain CA with Ocvist + Cantarella, thin a bit, draw out some potions and weather from the opponent, end up with all the right cards for R3.
R3: Opponent forgets he instapassed R1, dead-passes R3 with naught but a couple Harpies on the board. :downs: He shame-forfeited before I got over the befuddlement and played anything myself.

this is a loving fantastic deck. Haven't played for a month, but hopped back in and played 10 matches with this. I won 9 of them and shot from like 2150 MMR to 2600. The one game I lost was a Nilfgaard mirror match and I drew three Imperial Golems and three Alba Pikemen in my opening hand.

I'm not a huge fan of the consume archetype, honestly. I don't particularly enjoy playing it, and I played it a lot in the Closed Beta.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Class Warcraft posted:

Some fuckhead must have streamed a Dagon deck using Wild Hunt Hounds because I've just faced the same deck 5 times in a row.

:same:

Actually caused my third defeat with a discard cerys deck too. I'd probably have better luck with some dagon variation, but honestly that deck is so non-interactive and looks dreadfully loving boring. At least discard you're juggling a bunch of different things to synchronize. Dagon monsters decks seem to me, having not played monsters since the CB, like you're just slamming down a shitton of bodies and weathers down. There's not nearly as much excitement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Subvisual Haze posted:

Seems like pretty reasonable changes. Poor Kambi though, back to being unplayable. I know a lot of people hate Kambi and all it represents, but eating it with a bear didn't seem that overpowered: it required pretty specific cards to pull off, still left you at a slight point disadvantage after the board reset and could be stopped with a lock.

Am I missing something? It's only a 1 point increase in total power for Kambi+Hemdall, and killing a unit on the other side of the board is, if anything, even easier. Especially if you have a savage bear out.