Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Southpaugh posted:

Can someone give me a hint for one of the early puzzles in thronebreaker, its the one where you have to reduced the three necrophages from 8 to 1. I keep loving it up.

You may already know this, but the trick is NOT to kill any of them. You're looking at your cards and manueving them so that you can hit them each/all with 7 points of damage total.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Knowlue posted:

Anyone else having a lot of issues connecting to gwent and gog these days? Really annoyed that I have to launch gog to play

I thought Thronebreaker could be launched via custom shortcut without going thru Galaxy?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'm trying to get back into this game and it completely just kinda hangs up in the "finding rival" screen. Is this something on my end, or is the game just not popular?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Ravenfood posted:

Is it worth playing at all?I liked Gwent in w3

I barely play standalone Gwent, but Thronebreaker is really good and fun, with lots of fun/unique card fights with special rules and tons of cool choices/consequences the Witcher is known for. It's really really drat good. It took my right about 25 hours to beat it so it's meaty as well. While I hope there's more, Thronebreaker is a standalone story set during the books (leading into a really cool scene from Baptism of Fire) and it doesn't really need a sequel in and of itself.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I just read that review, which while well written, definitely doesn't represent the experience I had with the game. But it also takes a good deal to annoy me.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Another thing TB has going for it is that it has a difficulty which allows you to skip right past the Gwent combat, treating each battle as though you won, and allowing you to concentrate on the more RPG choice/consequence related stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Is it out already? How is it? Is it similar to Thronebreaker with quests and choices and exploration?