Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
so far 100% opponent playing nilfgard :thinking:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Trogdos! posted:

I'm getting some really bad connection issues. Frequent "Connection Lost: Service interrupted. Please verify your connection" after pretty much any loading screen, throwing me back into the "press any key to begin" starting screen. Signing in fails often, repeating the same mentioned message. If I spam any button (to sign in) then it'll eventually go through but so far I've beaten Eithne twice in the ST challenge with no credit due to a disconnect after the match completes. Annoying; and I'm pretty sure the problem's not on my end. I had nothing like this when I played ~a month ago.

server issues on launch day are to be expected.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
so what do you do against yennefer

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
death to all those who play nilfgaard

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

I thought you could stack weather.

no, just replace.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
so why does nithral's text say "armor 3" and he only gets two armor?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Darke GBF posted:

Always send good game.

Always.

if somebody spams emotes they're not getting a gg :colbert:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
okay somebody explain this to me please:

I'm playing Weather Wild Frost, opponent deck doesn't matter. R1 I get two Wild Riders on the board, opponent pushes for 40ish points, I pass, he passes. I lose the round, Riders stay on for R2 (12 points).
R2, he does some stuff, I play a navigator into third rider. End of round, they buff, sitting at 7 7 7 + 3 = 24 on the board. Opponent passes, sitting on 24 himself.
So i'm thinking, we're both equal, but at the end of my round my riders buff, so I pass, expecting to be ahead by 3. Instead the round ends in a draw and I lose the match.

Card text on the riders says "Trio, Turn End: Boost self by 1." I'm extremely confused.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Aviron posted:

The moment the second player passes the round immediately ends (the turn doesn't end, so end of turn abilities don't trigger). No idea if it's a bug or itīs working as intended though.

That's extremely counterintuitive, given that every round but the last works differently. I'm hoping that gets changed honestly.

While we're on the topic of things that should get changed: there is zero reason to darken the screen while my opponent is making decisions. Please let me at least see my cards so that I can instantly see what I just mulliganed.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

No Wave posted:

End of turn effects (like weather) never proc after the second player passes.

Weather is a start-of-turn effect.

edit: To make this clearer, if you have three riders on the board on turn one and both players pass, they buff themselves correctly. They do not buff themselves if the game looks at the board and goes "oh I guess this whole match is over now, no need to calculate end of round effects". This makes me think that end-of-round effects are coded in a weird way, where they get calculated at what is internally the start of the next round, but before the UI updates the game state to show that it's actually the next round.

botany fucked around with this message at 16:40 on May 29, 2017

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

BabyRyoga posted:

I noticed I have a normal Geralt and a premium Geralt. You start with one of them in your collection, do you start with both? Or did I get one of them as a daily reward? The normal one is gon' get milled :chef:

Normal Geralt is given to everyone at the start, premium is a reward for playing the closed beta I think.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
The Prisoner's Dilemma is an example for an intentionally lovely position to be in, maybe don't incorporate that into video games, thanks

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
^^^^ hover over the cards to read the card text. That one means when you play your leader the golem gets summoned from your deck.

Flayer posted:

I'm really loving Wild Hunt Riders at the moment. As a new player with not many cards they give insane value to Weather Monster in R2. Wild Hunt Rider into Eredin/Navigator and copy the Wild Hunt Rider pretty much guarantees you win R3 while other simpler WHR plays still get a lot of value. Got my 18 round wins today in only 9 games based almost entirely on R2 WHR and I still only have the 4 basic golds you get given for free.

I'm going to hit ranked soon though and I'm sure it will all go downhill from there... Working towards the Consume/Deathwish Monster archetype. I'm not seeing any of it in casual but I assume that's because you don't get given a single card for it for free apart from the leader. Coming from Hearthstone I really enjoy the interactions with the Graveyard (and trolling Skellige players with Griffin).

What do you typically use to win round 1? I mostly use WHRs on T1, then as soon as I have 2 on the board I pass. Most of the time that means I go into R2 and then R3 with a card advantage, then the 20 point swing from crones finishes off R3. And yeah, in my experience in ranked, players will target the poo poo out of riders.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

my new dog posted:

thanks! wasnt getting more than the actual effect text in the keg store thing (ps4) :/

Oh yeah, for some reason it doesn't work in the store, which is dumb. The UI really needs work.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

Just make it so you don't get rewards unless both players GG, it's not complicated.

Or just leave it the way it is, Jesus Christ. What is it with goons and complaints about this sort of stuff. This is the endless discussion about Hearthstone's emote system all over again.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Yeah I can't even log in to start the game.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

Denying a mulligan for one round doesn't really seem that strong to me.

It is though.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
I think I've sort of hit a plateau with my weather monsters. The basic deck is all there, the wild riders are great, the crones are a 20 damage swing, but that by itself isn't really enough to win most games. I feel like my complete lack of good gold cards is the bottleneck. The only good gold I have is Imlerith, and Woodland Spirit is decent but doesn't synergize with the rest of the deck at all. I feel like I want at least Ciri, RnR and/or Igni as good gold neutrals, and Caranthir is probably a must-have for weather monsters. Ranked just isn't really worth it for now.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Electronico6 posted:

With Woodland Spirit why not build around the Foglets? With Nekker warriors support. What other golds/silvers you have?

I could do that, but that would be a completely different deck, and I want to play this one :v: . Also I'm not sure how I would really build around that. Do you have a Foglet decklist you can link?

Golds / Silvers: I don't have any other golds. Only the starting ones and Woodland Spirit. For silvers, I crafted the Crones and I pulled a Water Hag, White Frost, Sarah and Operator, all of which I'm running minus the Sarah. White Frost and Water Hag I can't do without, I'm torn between Operator and Scorch. But neither seems to be quite good enough.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Thanks for the suggestions folks, I'll have to play around with that stuff tonight and see how it goes!

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Megazver posted:

Just give in and play a Weather Monster deck. I am playing with a real lovely one and doing okay.

What's your deck list? I can't win poo poo with weather monsters anymore, I'm pretty frustrated too.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
lmao, the bugs in this game :psyduck:

just won a round where the "you won the round x to y" never went away, including mulligan and play phase. So I vaguely clicked the cards I thought looked right without being able to see point values or my opponents side of the board.

Gwent: It's A BetaTM

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

MarshyMcFly posted:

Hahahhahahaha lol at the sore losers that don't GG at the end of a match they lost and screw the A-holes that don't give you a GG if they stomp your rear end. It doesn't cost you anything to give a GG. It's a courtesy. Everyone should be doing it all the time.

I just played a game against a player who literally spammed the "bad move" emote on cooldown. You're not getting a GG if you're a salty little poo poo like that.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Kawabata posted:

This thread reminds me that it's very important to spend 95% of your dedicated gwent time actually playing gwent and getting better at it (in no way the meta is figured out and each faction has at least 2 viable ladder decks with the possible exception of NR only having 1), and only the remaining 5% reading reddit or this thread.

The amount of "meta is hosed, laddering sucks" desperate cries is deafening. You can netdeck 70% of any good deck, tech the remaining 30% and you're good to go. You will climb pretty high too. I'm currently rank 12 with an incomplete Eredin weather running Ciri and Triss and loving Yennefer(not YenCon) and Scorch. I win most of my bad matchups because swarm/consume decks never expect Yennefer, and massive Nilfgaard/Scoiatael dudes never expect the last round Scorch. I have a pretty bad w/l ratio vs Skellige but hey, you can't have everything. I have no Rag Nar Roog or Drought, I swear you can climb without those too and have fun doing it!

I wanna come back to this post. Originally I sort of wanted to tell you to get off your high horse, but you're actually 100% correct. I re-evalued how I pilot my deck and tried something better, and my winrate went up a lot. Turns out, sometimes even with sub-par cards, you are still not losing because of that. You're losing because you make the wrong decisions. :cheers:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

No Wave posted:

So the inspirational post is the one telling you to netdeck as closely as you can?

GWENT

no but reading is obviously difficult GWEN>T

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

MarshyMcFly posted:

lol I would have just muted that annoying dude. I usually always give a GG at the end of a game regardless to trying and make my opponent do the same.

I was trying to see what he would do if he lost :v: R3 he went super quiet but I ended up losing anyway due to drawing all 3 crones.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Is there a fixed order to how card effects resolve? If my opponent has a Wild Boar of the Sea (Strengthen the unit to the left by 1) on the board next to a unit at 1 life and I have a Frost effect on that row, how do I know whether the Frost will trigger first and kill the 1 health unit or the Boar will trigger first and the unit will survive at 1 health?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

RatHat posted:

I think Weather always goes first but I could be wrong.

You're absolutely wrong since in the last two matchups I had this come up the opponent survived.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

ShowTime posted:

I think it goes active player effects then non-active player effects.

What does that mean

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
That seems consistent with what I've seen at least, yeah.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

extra stout posted:

Is there a non GoG Galaxy way to play? Client still crashes on launch a year later.

I don't think there is. That's also the first time I've heard of anyone have issues with their client. What's your OS?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Seriously what the hell is up with the exp to unlock ranked mode, and how the poo poo have so many people done it already. I'm pretty sure I've played like 100 games already and I'm only level 6, the open beta is gonna be over before I unlock it at this rate.

it went pretty quickly for me?? like 3 days of playing a couple of games and i got it. be happy you're not playing dota where you'd literally have so sink a hundred hours into the game to unlock ranked.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Do we know how long the seasons are?

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Electronico6 posted:

2 months. This one will probably end on July 31st.

Thanks! Just wondering how long I have to climb that ladder for all the portraits and rewards and stuff

This game is addictive.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
Yeah Nilfgaard needs a nerf. Their cards are ridiculously strong, and they have enough deck cycling to make sure that they draw all the pieces.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Electronico6 posted:

The already mentioned Imperial Golems. 9 strength, thins out your deck by 3, easy mulligan, no draw gently caress up, protects against epidemic effects.

Imperial Golems don't help you keep your opponent's board clean and don't draw removal. Rot Tossers are always decent and situationally game winning. Imperial Golems are always good but never amazing.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

BabyRyoga posted:

Completely dif note, are there any drawbacks to forfeiting in casual play? For the sake of grinding daily rewards, would it be a good idea to construct a deck out of base cards that just rushes for a round 1 win then forfeits to secure the fastest possible grind? Already past level 10 so I won't be tanking mmr.

the drawback is being the type of person who does stuff like this :chloe:

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Venom Snake posted:

I just started playing and milled my monsters/elf/dwarf decks (because gently caress monsters and gently caress scoi'tel) to build a NR siege deck. Iv been readying everywere that NR is kinda underpowered and that playing with the lowest amount of cards is the best; but I can't actually get a machine deck to make sense with basically no cards

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

Normal Adult Human posted:

letho is a strong contender for best gold in the game.

I got hosed super hard T3 once with Letho buthering my whole board and then getting locked + demoted haha. Wasn't even mad, nice to see a less common card do work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

MarshyMcFly posted:

What the poo poo Christ is with weather monster decks??? I just played 3 ranked matches against 3 weather monster decks and lost to all of them. How the gently caress do you counter them????

What deck are you playing? Also are you facing Eredin Weather or Dagon decks?