Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Have they said when this patch is coming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Any thoughts on this deck? It feels like it's just on the cusp of being good, but the number of times I lose round 3 by less than five points is infuriating. I recently got rid of Roach in favor of Scorch because otherwise I have no way of dealing with high strength units. Sometimes the Crones feel like a liability, but I don't know what to switch them with. I'll probably throw in Frightener once the patch hits.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Is Savage Bear supposed to stop deploy effects from going off? I just played my Wyvern into my opponent's Savage Bear and I didn't get to deal any damage to any of his units. I could understand SB killing 1 health units before they can trigger their deploy effects, but the Wyvern has 6 health.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

https://twitter.com/PlayGwent/status/873179873090646017

Starts half an hour from now.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

I hope they're still nerfing Kayran since I just crafted a premium to take advantage of that sweet scrap refund.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Now to keep playing and risk getting a leader as my level 20 reward or miss out on 6-8 kegs worth of daily rewards.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

The Gorp posted:

Monsters are a trap. As someone who has a complete monster collection the faction is really solid at beating up new players but can't compete with the big names.

I'm not playing against the big names, but I'm feeling this right now. I flew through the early ranks but have since completely stalled out at ~2k MMR. I'd say 66% of my wins are against other Monsters decks. Reaver Hunters are gonna give me PTSD.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Can someone walk me through how to use Frightener? Just pulled it in a keg the other day and I see it in a lot of lists but every time I try to use it I wish I had anything else in hand because giving them 10 points to maybe push something into weather and draw a card is rough with how slim monsters' point margins tend to be.

What am I missing about it?

Frightener is no longer random; today's patch gave it the same effect as Drowner.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Hell yeah, got Rag Nar Roog as my level 20 reward. I guess I should mill it within the next five days regardless, but is it still good enough to run post-nerf? Unfortunately I don't have enough powder to transmute it.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

CDPR please nerf Morkvarg's intro sound, it is disgusting.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

RatHat posted:

Is the person Vilgefortz is burning on his card supposed to be Regis?

Yep.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Are the cards you get in lieu of ore/scraps during the daily progression ever anything better than commons?

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Anybody else getting a lot of "An error has occurred which prevented the game from continuing" messages today?

Overall, the whole network experience and UI for this game feels really janky and I hope those are their top priorities to fix before release.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Did Spell Scoiatael get hit too hard by the recent nerfs to be viable? I just opened Ithlinne and I'm trying to decide if spending 1600 scrap to finish the deck is worth it. I haven't played a single Scioatael game, but I love annoying, non-interactive decks.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

God deckbuilding is so pointlessly annoying right now. Two clicks to add a card to your deck but just one to remove it.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Trogdos! posted:

Also, now that I've reached level 10 and ranked play - the keg rewards from it are simply amazing. CDPR is great.

Just wait until you rank up; getting 4-5 kegs as soon as you hit a new rank threshold beats the hell out of grinding for a month for the chance at a single golden epic card in Hearthstone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Shouldn't Savage Bear ping a Succubus target when it moves to the enemy's side of the board?