Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Che storia figata, ragazzo!

CDPR might have hosed up a bit with the bugs and some of the balance stuff but most gamers are such loving whiny entitled children, I can never read much of any games' reddit because it's too disgusting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

It's really good when you have a mahakam marauder on the board or your hand and manage to steal a light longship from your skellige opponent. I might need to find other ways to do that beside summoning circle for this deck

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

frajaq posted:

I should just craft summoning circle one of these days, it looks like such a fun card

It's one of my favorite cards, but I'm not interested in optimizing decks or anything I just like to react to whatever happens (that's why I use Uma always and enjoy the random 'create' mechanic).

I made a Shupe deck yesterday, need to try it tonight.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol I've been playing axemen and never thought to try that

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Have there been any announcements about a tablet version? Or better yet, a switch version?

The UI changes point to design for smaller screens, I think.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Shupe decks are fun and challenging to play, I think these sorts of cards are cool for variety even if they aren't really competitive for the top level players

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I don't think it's in the game, but here's the list https://www.reddit.com/r/gwent/comments/7kmnej/shupe_discover_options_ptr/

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Played a bit today and won a bunch with my nilfgaard reveal deck, it's pretty powerful.

I'm bad at playing northern realms though, took me forever to get 5 wins for the quest

I'm saving scraps now to craft the usurper for a fun deck based on the create mechanic. I also want to make a dragon theme deck later on when I have more cards.

Simone Poodoin fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jan 20, 2018

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I don't look at deck lists because I like building them myself even if they're not optimal, but I've been having lot's of success with a reveal based deck, off the top of my head it's something like this:

Voorhis

Cahir
Letho
Vattier

Cynthia
Serrit
Hefty Helge
Albritch

Fire scorpions
Mangonells
Venendal Elite
Spotters
Daerlan Soldiers
Master of disguise

With the remaining spots filled by whatever because I don't have a more useful card for the theme (such as henry var artre for example)

In general I can gently caress up their board with mangonells and fire scorpions and force a pass on round 1, then give them round two and destroy them again in round 3 by concealing and then reviving voorhis or revealing again some other way. The Cynthia/Venendal combo is powerful too most of the time.

I need to tweak my list to be more reliable, I almost enjoy the deck building/tweaking aspect more than actually climbing the ranks.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I want to try that next, sounds like fun. My Usurper create deck is not very good yet, need some more cards to make it more reliable.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

One of my favorite parts of this game (being the first ccg I have really gotten into) is to see the new archetypes and decks that come up and how they change after every patch, looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

When using dwarves I would struggle against some decks due to not really having good ways to kill enemies, especially against something like consume monsters where you need to kill things before they get huge. Even then I some times won anyway through sheer point numbers. It did need to be nerfed.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

new toussaint faction on the way?

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I want to try this stupid deck but don't have the necessary cards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycn0N2EPyXM

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I've seen streamers say that dwarfs are nerfed in the test servers, also some are playing with a new NR deck that spams a shitload of revenants and seems like it's going to be the new dwarfs

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

It can get pretty ridiculous though

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMjzkXzKaL4

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

2.8 GB for the update wtf

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I tweaked my reveal deck and it's still very powerful (but doesn't feel OP like old dwarfs did). I also made a dwarf deck and it's still decent, although weaker than before.

This is all on scrub level though so things might be different at higher level.

Next I want to try this Yoana deck, looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8Re1zgt98

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Knowlue posted:

Switch version when

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

The funniest use of muzzle is when running sk light longships against dwarfs and stealing the dwarf that is boosted when damaged to put next to your longship

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lol I just won a match because my opponent didn't realize that the Lord of Unvik gets picked up by summoning circle.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I’ve been having fun and success with a fog/moonlight deck, probably won’t be good at higher level but I made it to rank 17 with it.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Yes, you should do those first to get the leader cards

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

lmao this deck looks fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvPCfj47Ark

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

It's me, I'm the noob who's still running a dwarf deck. And on my scrub level it's decent enough. I've been doing Ale of the Ancients + Mahakam Marauder as an engine. It's really easy to counterattack but when it works it's great

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I'm gonna choose monsters and dust off my fog+moonlight deck

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I havent had much time to play lately, the other day I won 4 in a row with my Henselt deck. Today I lost 4 in a row with the same deck against 3 GS decks and one alchemy nilfgaard. I lost against the alchemy deck because of a misplay, I would have won otherwise, but GS decks felt unbeatable

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Having never played mtg at all, I looked into it imagining it would be similar to Gwent in complexity. Holy lol that's way too complicated for me to bother learning as an old man.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

ooh that's an interesting way to bring more strategy to the rows. Not sure how I feel about only two rows though.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GQdY-dU24oU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I haven't played in months and will probably skip this new gwent, looks bad and I'm having a lot of fun with Arena.

RIP Gwent, you were a crappy mini game, then a fun and original CCG then a lovely grimdark bundle of mistakes.

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

I watched a bit of the stream they did showing new cards and stuff and the card art is still outstanding, what a shame that they broke the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Simone Poodoin
Jun 26, 2003

Really surprised that all of this isnt a huge failure, will try Thronebreaker this weekend.