Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

8-Bit Scholar posted:

If the game had any indication of when time was going to reset or god help you didn't reset the result on the "You won!" screen, maybe I wouldn't get mad at it.

Yeah if only

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

The Gorp posted:

It prioritizes same-side swaps.
Priestess of Freya can go straight to hell.

This hasn't been my experience. I'm not sure but I think it's just random.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

I think that's just your bad luck. Plenty of times I've seen it switch sides when there were 1-power units on both sides of the board.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Man, people who play control decks sure don't like to press GG.

They especially don't like to press it after you win by two points when your last play was letting the timer to expire to discard a raider.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Sergeants definitely strong, but NR also doesn't have much going in its other archetypes. Machines got nerfed hard, armor is still weak, and why play Radovid when you can just play Monsters yourself?

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Hizawk posted:

Just downloaded this game, barely know what I'm doing but holy crap is it better than the GWENT from W3.

I love it!

I kinda just hosed around and made my monster deck and that seems pretty effective at the moment at level 2.

However, when you open card kegs, is there any way to tell the difference between the rarity of the cards?

The square in the bottom right corner. There are only four rarities though, bronze cards are white/blue, all slivers are the same, as are golds.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Class Warcraft posted:

Some fuckhead must have streamed a Dagon deck using Wild Hunt Hounds because I've just faced the same deck 5 times in a row.

http://www.gwentdb.com/decks/28076-swims-get-to-4200-deck

Courtesy of Swim, Gwent's #1 taste-maker. Not for nothing, weather monsters is very reliable. It's hard to counter or disrupt because it works via a balance of units and damage, so it isn't vulnerable to most removal, you enable your potions/commander's horn easily, and you can always play more weather than your opponent can clear. It also lets you take a very non-committal approach since you don't have strict goals or win conditions, so you can pass any time in round one and if your opponent wants to bleed you in round two, you just keep farting out more carryover.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Playing against Dagon with NG seems like kind of an uphill battle, since they have great carryover and you have none, and your round 3 Borkh is kind of anemic if they don't give you any large targets. I don't play much NG personally, but just generally speaking, Dagon can be vulnerable to early tempo, so you can probably get a good pass if you win the coin flip, dump your Pikemen, leader, Ciri: Dash, and maybe an alchemist or two, then get out before your opponent puts too much carryover in play and accumulates much weather damage. Consider using Cantarella in round one to gain card advantage if you lost the coin flip, or if you won, force your opponent into a situation where they either play two cards down or pass, giving you the chance to take the round on even cards. Of course, only play Canta like this when you're able to win with a single card if your opponent passes.

Standard Bearer is also a high tempo play if it removes Foglets, so you definitely want two of them if you're seeing a lot of Dagon at your MMR. Most monsters decks don't run a third fog, so you should be in good shape if you have one for the leader fog and one for Woodland Spirit. If you're running Vanhemar too, you obviously don't cast clear skies unless you're getting two rows with it, and you may be better off taking a large Tremors instead anyway. Consider adding a Lacerate (cut a Rot Tosser if you use them) since those can find a lot of value.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Duckbag posted:

I'll try being more strategic, but I think this will always be a fairly rough match up.

Might have to switch to a less control-oriented deck.

I didn't want to just say abandon your deck, but yeah, you could always switch to something like Discard or Henselt until you break past the mass of Dagons.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

BTM and Light Cavalry both require specific circumstances and you generally have to engineer them yourself. Speaking as someone who plays with DBLC, 90% of the time they come out, it was because I used my spy at the right time. Occasionally, I'll get them for "free" because my opponent made a huge swing play, but that's counterbalanced by all the times when they hosed with my draws. Bekker's, on the other hand, requires the highly specific scenario where you're playing Monsters, and you opponent isn't playing Monsters.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Guys I did it, just in time :v:

Rank 21 Goondmaster

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

edit: Why the hell would they change mulligans and not say anything about it? It's something people have been clamoring for, even if the change isn't exactly what they wanted.

Various Meat Products fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Sep 25, 2017

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Seedge posted:

Assuming I want to get through early ranks quickly, what's a good archetype these days? I've 5000 scraps so anything is game.

Spell ST is one of the strongest at any level, and there's always Dagon (with or without consume).

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

It's because he had harpies in his hand that he mulliganed away between rounds. Nekker Warrior wouldn't have done that.

edit: Did he play Frightener in R1? That could have drawn a partially triggered Harpy.

Various Meat Products fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Oct 14, 2017

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Huh. Maybe... if his second and third Harpy were already the last two cards in his deck then Nekker Warrior put the copies in front of them? That's weird.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Kalko posted:

Spy stuff

The Emhyr version does leave you a bit more at the mercy of rng when it comes to Joachim. You can sometimes mitigate this by using Cantarella and then doing what I never do, which is actually remembering what card you put on the bottom. Try to thin as much as you can, and use Assire to replace a 9-point Brigade if you've used one.

I wouldn't mulligan Emissaries in R1. Chaining them all out is cool, but having too few is much worse than having all of them in your hand. And 2 Enforcer / 2 Vicovaro / 3 Infiltrator seems like the proper mix

In most of my games, I do end up using Emhyr to play Ceallach twice, although if you don't need the tempo, you should hold on to Emhyr as long as possible in case you get a chance to replay your opponent's silver spy.

Against Spell ST, if you win R1 I think I would bleed R2 and try to take a short R3 with a Joachim power play. Spell ST can match your long round snowball potential but can disrupt your side of the board in ways you can't match.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Kalko posted:

I read a few 'guides' on various netdecks for NG earlier just to brush up on what these super successful 4500+ 65% winrate people say about their decks, and one guy said you should drop Cantarella on T1 if you lose the flip. Is that really a good play? I can sort of see it, and I tried it a few times, but I found it hard to judge whether it was really giving me an advantage (nobody open passed when I did it, and most played their own spy, which I then used Emhyr on, kind of on autopilot).

I don't know why you would play Canta with an empty board instead of getting some Enforcers set up first.

No Wave posted:

I think using Emhyr on a spy is almost never correct. Spies are playable cards at 12 str - are they playable at 24 str?

Except you're not really playing -24 points since you're getting a lot of those offset with spy synergy and you can make up the difference in a long round with Spygaard's huge snowball potential. And it's not like you have to turn around and play that spy again immediately, if your opponent passes and you end up going down a card to take R1 then you can always get your card advantage back later.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

In case anyone hasn't heard, the ladder season is ending tomorrow night and the new patch should be out shortly after that.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Gwent Open tournament is live right now

https://www.twitch.tv/cdprojektred

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

If your rank isn't as high as you want it to be this month, the only question you need to ask yourself is "am I playing enough dwarves?"

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

There's supposed to be a new balance patch out in a few days that nerfs dwarves hard, although the preliminary indication is that they haven't altered their approach to design and in the future there will still be powerful decks that just fart out uninterruptible value with no counterplay.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

I love when they nerf a bunch of bronze cards at once. I got 1700 scrap from dwarves alone.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Try something like this.

The gold/silver cards are pretty flexible but you definitely need Nova and Iris. Riders are necessary to get Iris off instantly. Caretaker lets you play her twice.

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Arena mode is out today and it's fun fyi

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

Pro tip: instead of playing bronze cards, consider playing gold cards. They are much more powerful!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

There's a promotion today where all kegs have a gold card in them.