Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R1ybg6OT3DI

Sick. That's dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Nilfgaard is always up to some bull poo poo. Be careful out there folks

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The store page on GOG says it has controller support, I'd presume it's the same as what consoles will get considering it comes out for consoles in december

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Trip report: Thronebreaker is sick. It's dope

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I couldn't find one of the chests in chapter 2 despite scouring the map so there might be one that can be locked out by your decisions there too. Oh well, I'm going to replay it anyway.

My only other real complaint mid-chapter 3 is that I wish there was a difficulty above hard; some of your bronze units are just too OP for even comically OP AI decks to deal with, letting you ignore the gimmicks on a lot of fights and just steamroll through. Also, when your base army is that strong, some of the big decisions related to people joining/leaving the party don't have the mechanical sting they should.

It's a really great game though.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I really like the autosave thing, I did the same and I 100% would have savescummed to get that dude if the game had let me. Instead I had to live with it and face full life consequences

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Most of the factions have a staple of cards they use regularly that you can learn to expect seeing, but they also spice it up constantly with one-off cards. My advice to anyone struggling/new would be to put 5 of the lyrian scouts in your deck ASAP, I believe they unlock in chapter 2. That's the single most degenerate craftable card I've seen up to chapter 4, by a large margin

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

4 point dude with a 4 turn timer that draws you a card when the timer is up. Basically an old gwent card advantage spy, but +4 points though you have to protect him through the timer. If you can get even a few to go off you will almost always have laughably crushing amounts of card advantage

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

The AI is not very good at targeting it, so it doesn't need that much babysitting. When you start combining it with drummers and stuff the only limit on your OP-ness is hitting the max unit count on the board.

Broke: Winning 2-0
Woke: Winning 2-0 4 cards up

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Thronebreaker could definitely use a difficulty that's tuned more like the hard mode in the hearthstone adventures, where you're expected to try and fail a few times, learn about the enemy deck, and ultimately make your own specific counter deck. But ultimately I don't know how well it would work considering the Thronebreaker card pool isn't that large and there are a gently caress ton of battles that would have to be retuned. CDPR has a pretty good history of post-launch support though so I hope they consider it.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I'm not too much of a new gwent expert but I think of mainstream decks only discard skellige can thin at or close to zero like old gwent decks did. A lot of thinning cards were redesigned and the remaining ones often have prohibitive points/provision costs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

GoldenPrice posted:

Have they done anything to fix the card advantage problem where 99% of the time both players go to round 3 with a full hand?

Almost every game of homecoming I've seen has had a round 2 drypass into a long round 3, so no. But people don't seem to mind it that much compared to old gwent's drypass and red/blue coin issues for whatever reason