Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

ArbitraryC posted:

There's a lot of funny stuff that comes from FYAD's sense of ironic aloof humor but it is kinda odd seeing how a bunch of people who put forth their best appearance of "not caring" will meticulously comb through other people's post history to pull out the most out of context quote burn they can find to win e-arguments.

*roasts someone based on an unrelated post in a different forum* i have betrayed your weakness. this is extremely funny. this isn't just me being a machiavellian weirdo - it's friggin hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stranger Danger Ranger
Jul 21, 2007
There are lizards coming out of my tv.
now explain old people to me like i'm a fyad

SpaceClown
Feb 13, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Stranger Danger Ranger posted:

now explain old people to me like i'm a fyad

Adult diapers *sniggers*

pog boyfriend
Jul 2, 2011

fyad is basically a forum where me and a few of my friends in toronto who share an apartment together just kind of took over once docevil and all of the actually funny posters left for twitter, and all we do really in between sitting around tribes is going around on our alternate accounts and emptyquoting each other when really there are only 7 posters on the site. we think it is really funny when you guys take the forum seriously, but i think it is time to end this charade personally. sorry keith, adam, kathy, and wally, but this has gone on for far too long. i will explain everything when you guys get back from your shifts if you see this before then

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

pog boyfriend posted:

fyad is basically a forum where me and a few of my friends in toronto who share an apartment together just kind of took over once docevil and all of the actually funny posters left for twitter, and all we do really in between sitting around tribes is going around on our alternate accounts and emptyquoting each other when really there are only 7 posters on the site. we think it is really funny when you guys take the forum seriously, but i think it is time to end this charade personally. sorry keith, adam, kathy, and wally, but this has gone on for far too long. i will explain everything when you guys get back from your shifts if you see this before then

ok

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit
I have some thoughts about FYAD and

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

gnarlyhotep posted:

gotta agree with detectivemonkey's assessment:

"You have a way of annoying everyone who is on your side so much that they start disagreeing with you."

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Listen to the elderly retarded ex mod who is too afraid to post there about it

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
don't look at me i don't get it either :shrug:

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry
someone post the flamingo gif

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
oo oo I got this one

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
It's interchangeable with D&D, just with different graphics.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

This threads sad.

gumdrops
Sep 12, 2016

no they will not posted:

Folks, when it comes to explaining FYAD, you just gotta give it up for EpicHotdog Guy, 666SwordMan, The Inconsiderate Hobo, and Spork Tacko Guy - it's just monkey cheese bullshit.

lmao

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Anne Frank Fanfiction a major Cluster B personality disorder lolled when he bullied a depressed kid into suicide if that helps

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

i like that posted:

Anne Frank Fanfiction a major Cluster B personality disorder lolled when he bullied a depressed kid into suicide if that helps

It's p funny tbh

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Flesh Forge posted:

oo oo I got this one

if that was FYAD there'd only be like 5 flamingos dude

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

no they will not posted:

Folks, when it comes to explaining FYAD, you just gotta give it up for EpicHotdog Guy, 666SwordMan, The Inconsiderate Hobo, and Spork Tacko Guy - it's just monkey cheese bullshit.

i like when you were moderator of gbs for a hot second and you instituted a "post a thread everyday" rule

im being sincere, it was a good time

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Corsair old, so what?

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I wonder if that guy is also a repeat sex offender like Alex Levert from Scarborough Canada, who also frequents the ol YAD from what I hear.

Senior Management
Jul 3, 2011

FYAD is racist against people who have posted in BYOB so I am not allowed in there.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fyad is unreadable garbage but it's much much better than the faggy hugbox of byob

Jim Flatline
Sep 23, 2015
FYAD is where you pretend to be retarded in a clever way thats funny. Jim's face is long, corsair is old and anne frank fanfic murdered someone by proxy. Don't post small bart.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

1500quidporsche posted:

Imagine posting on the comedy forums Something Awful. Now imagine smoking angel dust and then posting on the comedy forums Something Awful. That's FYAD.

Schweinhund posted:

Basically if you read GBS and think "not ironic enough" then you go to FYAD.

Blue Raider posted:

iff you want the real fyad, just google weird twitter

these pretty much

i like that
May 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

It's p funny tbh

What would be more lol is Anne Frank Fanfiction going to prison because bullying someone known to struggle with depression to suicide is an prosecutable offense

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

i like that posted:

What would be more lol is Anne Frank Fanfiction going to prison because bullying someone to suicide is an prosecutable offense

:agreed: that would be funny af

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

A current fad in the Games forum, started by RedChocobo's Pokemon threads. The basic structure of a FYAD thread is that a Goon will play through a video or computer game and document his progress for the benefit of an audience. There are several popular "Styles" of FYAD, such as:

"Walkthrough" FYAD Threads, such as Cyberdud's Splatterhouse threads, where the OP plays through an extremely long or difficult game for the benefit of those who could never finish the game themselves.

"Audience Participation" FYAD Threads, such as Demota's X-COM threads, where posters in the thread can influence the direction of gameplay and even insinuate themselves into the game as player-characters.

"Story Time" FYAD Threads, such as BOrangeFury's Fallout threads, which seek to use the game as a kind of machinima, creating a unique narrative out of the game's storyline.

"MST3K" FYAD Threads, such as From Earth's Silent Hill threads, where the goal is simply to poke fun and make light of the game and its characters/dialogues however possible for laughs.

This is by no means a comprehensive list, so there may be others, but those four comprise the basic motivations for FYAD threads.

Note that while most good FYAD threads get golded and have thousands of posts/replies, they very rarely make it into the Comedy Goldmine, so unless you've got archive you'll want to catch them while you can.

Dollas
Sep 16, 2007

$$$$$$$$$
Clapping Larry

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

if that was FYAD there'd only be like 5 flamingos dude

it's mostly alt flamingos

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
i like when fyad regs drop the occasional realpost that gives you insight into there pathetic lives. for example disabled manchild who watches a ton of anime, videogame loving stoner who washed out of bootcamp,

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Lumpy the Cook posted:

This threads sad.

folder
Oct 9, 2016
for all the comparison to "being weirded out on drugs" fyad is very against that sh*t. take your "boy" and scram!

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

it's a pretty tragic story really, fyad used to be a very funny and vibrant forum but sadly it became unfunny and racist after smashmouth ate eggs

YoungSexualNorton
Aug 8, 2004
These are good for the children's brains.
i don't think there's been a time in the last decade or so that gbs and byob people haven't tried really hard to pretend that fyad is dead, not funny, etc while simultaneously trying and failing to ape its humor in a hopeless five years behind the curve little brother sort of way

signed,
exclusively posts in the path of exile games thread guy

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
its a place to post funny jokes and good riffs and things and stuff and the fact that a bunch of gbs posters cant understand the concept of a forum centered around creating humor is probably one of the most telling signs of the problems with this website there is

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

your friend a dog posted:

its a place to post funny jokes and good riffs and things and stuff and the fact that a bunch of gbs posters cant understand the concept of a forum centered around creating humor is probably one of the most telling signs of the problems with this website there is

hot take. what sort of "humor creation" made you burn your last account and reg a new one?

haljordan
Oct 22, 2004

the corpse of god is love.

It's people making fun of making fun of the internet

your friend a dog
Nov 2, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SCROTO TURBOSPERG posted:

hot take. what sort of "humor creation" made you burn your last account and reg a new one?

are you retarded or something?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

haljordan posted:

It's people making fun of making fun of the internet

I want to post that comic where the guy is looking and going "?" and the next panels he's leaning slightly closer going "???"

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

your friend a dog posted:

are you retarded or something?

did my username give me away

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
You know when you got to a zoo and every animal exhibition you visit is really cool, the Lions are majestic, the Zebras are playful, there's a petting zoo etc.?

FYAD is the monkey exhibit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jhoGErm52R0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efEVHQQIbIU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAQubtm-IPg&t=15s

• Locked thread