Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lothire
Jan 27, 2007

Rx Suicide emailed me and all I got was this amazingly awesome forum account.

Tortured By Flan
Forgive the late submission and the hastily compiled/sloppy google doc character sheet, but I'd like to toss up the melee-focused Ranger Quilian Nailos for consideration. I'll be giving the UA Revised Ranger a shot this time around, and may or may not do some dipping into fighter after level 5 or so.

Quilian Nailos
HP: 10/10 | AC: 16 | HD: d10(1/1) | Arrows: 40

Quilian Nailos Story posted:

Quilian's latest adventure had left him unsatisfied. The final blow to the enemy was left for another, and while he performed well for his part, the need to challenge and improve left him feeling disappointed. It was no surprise that he soon left that region of the Sword Coast to travel once more in solitude.

What time had passed saw him making connections with the once foreign world of Faerun, finding kinship with wood elves, and generally recovering from his latest adventure. But the wanderlust that drives him would once again stoke the flames of adventure in his soul. Perhaps it was fate that word should reach his ears at this time. Tales of the Yawning Portal, stories he did not fully understand, but all holding promise of adventure, sights to tingle the senses, and treasures to fascinate even the most experienced wanderers. It had been some time since he had given himself to such a journey, and the pull to do so was strong. To see if even part of these stories were true would be reward enough in itself.

The elf wasted no time at all in setting off to Waterdeep, arriving at the fabled inn. There, he learned of the Undermountain and its varied history. Such a gathering of like minded people, it was no surprise he would come to meet a group of other adventurers who equally shared an interest in these stories. In no time at all, they had accomplished a rather impressive task all of their own, and the elf was convinced that he was with strong hearted companions. When the mysterious stranger approaches the group with a most interesting job offer, Quilian nearly leaps out of his chair to accept, eager to explore the unknown..

DM Approval: Quilian needs to swap his wood elf racial +1 mod from Wisdom to Strength. This would be a house rule and thus requires DM approval.

Ryuujin is very well familiar with the character already, but for those interested, Quilian is a long running character I've used in various editions for years. He's been in a few games on these boards and has game history with Sereia (pd0t's currently submitted character). He's a two weapon focused Ranger, which means he tends to go unconscious a hell of a lot, that largely acts as your run-of-the-mill elf tends to, generally meaning that I really suck at giving him a real personality, but I do try! I have some experience in playing, a little in DMing, and am a big supporter of these here SA PbPs. Though life conditions will make it more tricky, one post a day is still my intended pace - even if it's just RPing.

As a secondary, I'm also good with being available as a replacement. I do not mind being placed on a reserve in case chosen players need to opt out during the game's life cycle. I've got myself situated in the Discord chat and have access to the phone app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Klungar, for your list I should point out for my character that Barbarian is the class and Berserker is the Archetype.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

Archetype for my character is Lore Bard.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Monster Hunter is a fighter as well.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Character Submission Tracker:
pre:
Player		Character		Race		Class		Archetype	Role	Sheet?	Bio?
Klungar		Keyleth Nailo		Half-Elf	Warlock		Fiend		DPS	Yes	Yes
Fathis Munk	Guzzler			Kenku		Monk		???		DPS	Yes	Yes
Relentless	Crushclaw Elfeater	Bugbear		Fighter 	Monster Hunter	DPS	Yes	Yes
DeathSandwich	Bannarok		Mountain Dwarf	Barbarian 	Berserker	DPS	Yes	Yes
8one6		Dalzranorth		Dragon		Dragon 		???		DPS	Yes	Yes
Lothire		Quilian Nailos		Wood Elf	Ranger 		Revised		DPS	Yes	Yes

Punting		Zemo Winterborn		Corgi		Paladin		Ancients	Tank	Yes	Yes

Mykkel		Erdan Pashala		Half-Elf	Bard		Lore		Support	Yes	Yes
ritorix		Feng Shen		Tiefling	Mystic		Wu-Jen		Support	Yes	Yes
Antivehicular	Annalisa Boldheart	Halfling	Cleric		Life		Support	Yes	Yes
P.dot		Sereia Arlingfeld	Half-Elf	Sorcerer	Favored Soul	Support	Yes	Yes
slydingdoor	Yona			Halfling	Druid		Moon		Support	Yes	No
LookAroundYou	La'el			Goblin		Sorcerer 	Storm		Support	Yes	Yes
Okay was planning on taking 4, don't think I can pull that off. This was not an easy decision but the party will be:

pre:
Player		Character		Race		Class		Archetype	Role	Sheet?	Bio?
ritorix		Feng Shen		Tiefling	Mystic		Wu-Jen		Support	Yes	Yes
8one6		Dalzranorth		Dragon		Dragon 		???		DPS	Yes	Yes
Punting		Zemo Winterborn		Corgi		Paladin		Ancients	Tank	Yes	Yes
Mykkel		Erdan Pashala		Half-Elf	Bard		Lore		Support	Yes	Yes
Fathis Munk	Guzzler			Kenku		Monk		???		DPS	Yes	Yes
Relentless	Crushclaw Elfeater	Bugbear		Fighter 	Monster Hunter	DPS	Yes	Yes
And even this was terribly difficult to narrow down. I just don't think I can run the game with any more than 6, which is kind of pushing it already, and I am not up for running multiple threads of the same game. Not again.

So for now you could go over what you know of each other, perhaps flesh out what your previous adventure was, maybe give your group a name. While I work on the opening post for the game thread.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.
Always a bride's maid, never a bride *sigh*.

Well if someone drops down the line and you need a replacement just seems me a PM or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Yes if anyone drops I will go over the submissions again.

Meanwhile the game thread is up.

Ryuujin fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 3, 2017

• Locked thread