Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Man I love Game World dueling, what a fun addition to BTA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

So I tried the 3062 mod and it's unplayably slow to load anything? Does it have massive performance issues or something.

I'm not using a potato PC. SSD, 16gb of RAM and a 2060Super card.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

BTA pushes an already poorly designed engine to 150%, there's gonna be crashes and memory leaks galore. A good rule of thumb is restart the game every 2 missions and always restart after going into the mechlab--it has unique textures and files and a guaranteed crippling memory leak.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Yeaaaahhhhh. I was more curious than invested in playing it. Think I'll hard pass and uninstall it.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need

Arghy posted:

BTA pushes an already poorly designed engine to 150%, there's gonna be crashes and memory leaks galore. A good rule of thumb is restart the game every 2 missions and always restart after going into the mechlab--it has unique textures and files and a guaranteed crippling memory leak.

Hmm. Roger Tech is recommended to restart every two or three missions, and it will slow down horribly after mechlab access - but I found that clearing a few hundred hoarded mech/vehicle parts mitigated that somewhat.

(Reloaded the save and kept going with All The poo poo, because OCD Hoarder means "I finally got the last part needed to reassemble this trash 40-ton vehicle I first encounter five weeks into my career!". :v:)

However, if I avoid the mechlab I can generally run 3-4 missions (lagging horribly by the end) without crashing. <shrug> *Real* missions, not just solo/duo duels or Solaris boom'n'zoom CTF recoveries.

It's almost like piling a massive amount of extra units/components/new mechanics on the original four-year-old-game built on a lovely version of Unity might cause... issues.

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

Yeah at best it takes me usually 2 hours to play 2 missions then i take a break from it haha. If anything this just shows we need a proper loving mechcommander 3 on a robust engine--imagine if BT was made from the ground up to count for mods. Let's be honest though even vanilla was pretty drat bad, they didn't have the biggest budget but they did a decent job.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
I'm gonna have to post my hardware specs when I get home, but when I have the time to kick back and play on weekends, I can get six hours or so before a crash or it gets sluggy enough for me to save and quit.

I got bitched at once by a dev, because I played for so long that my logs were too big to attach to a ticket in Discord. (Not even a real bug, it was something weird that maybe shouldn't have happened.)

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Lots of parts and stuff is responsible for a good chunk of slowdown, especially if you have a whole bunch of variant mech salvage.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

The base game has pretty long loading times for missions in itself

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I want a Battletech 2 very badly lol

alex314
Nov 22, 2007

I'd pay full price for game to be recompiled with the latest stable Unreal Engine.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

alex314 posted:

I'd pay full price for game to be recompiled with the latest stable Unreal Engine.

plus +$10

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm

RBA Starblade posted:

I want a Battletech 2 very badly lol

Harebrained Scheme's last update on their website was in 2020 and I don't think they've announced a new game since Battletech. If they're doing anything at all (much less BT2), they're being extremely quiet about it.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
They were working on something for Paradox, but it wasn't BattleTech 2.

I don't think there were any specifics mentioned, just that they had something in mind.

Here's hoping for Crimson Skies?

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

PoptartsNinja posted:

I don't think there were any specifics mentioned, just that they had something in mind.

I want Renegade Legion.

Nashira
Jan 18, 2020

PoptartsNinja posted:

HBS is working on a World of Darkness RPG.

alex314 posted:

Kind of sad that they went with Unity for the game, because it is not very well optimized. Even with a super high end PC, the stuttering when streaming assets is almost unbearable. Even after using community fixes.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I got some Gnome clanner battle armor out of an ambush convoy crate

It's better than some IC light mechs lmao

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Yeah, Battle Armor in BTA is actually pretty nasty offensively. You just have to baby them a bit since they draw fire like no one's business, and until you have some really good pilots with plenty of +defense bonuses as well as the Squirrely Bastard/Armor Block affinity, they really struggle to survive.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Rorahusky posted:

Yeah, Battle Armor in BTA is actually pretty nasty offensively. You just have to baby them a bit since they draw fire like no one's business, and until you have some really good pilots with plenty of +defense bonuses as well as the Squirrely Bastard/Armor Block affinity, they really struggle to survive.

Reminds me to ask, other than rookies as bodies what do I want to toss in BA? What perks apply?

Hauki
May 11, 2010

RBA Starblade posted:

I got some Gnome clanner battle armor out of an ambush convoy crate

It's better than some IC light mechs lmao

salamanders are insane too, but I haven’t found parts to repair them since the first time they took fire heh

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!

RBA Starblade posted:

Reminds me to ask, other than rookies as bodies what do I want to toss in BA? What perks apply?

All perks that effect 'Mechs also effect Battle Armor, though some like Stone Cold are kind of pointless since Battle Armor doesn't gain heat.

That said, I usually like to go down the Piloting and Tactics path for BA, as each has its own bonuses that help out a lot with them. Piloting gets you Phantom for an extra +2 evasion pips for 2 turns, Invisible Target for +2 defense and immunity to having pips stripped by sensor locks or probes, and Lightfoot, which allows BA to navigate minefields with no risk.

Tactics meanwhile gives you Sensor Lock/Target Prediction (Sensor Lock gives you something to do when you aren't in range of enemies, while Target Prediction lets your BA give the entire company +2 to their accuracy and can be used while mounted on a vehicle), Knife Fighter (+33% on Support Weapon short and medium range brackets and +10% damage with support weapons), and Eagle Eye (+25% sensor, sight range, and long/max range brackets, and an extra +2.5 bonus on Called Shots).

Piloting gives you survivability, while Tactics gives you utility and extra offense, basically. Guts used to also be useful for BA until the recent Damage Reduction changes, and Gunnery perks I find are pointless on BA because they don't deal enough damage to take advantage of Battlelord, the 2nd tier abilities are all kind of meh at best, and Stone Cold is utterly useless.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Thanks for the advice! I'll focus on tactics first then piloting I think. Mines especially are a nuisance

quote:

UPDATED MECHANIC: Battle Armor squads mounted inside of a unit now come with some debuffs. If they can shoot out of the unit (such as with the Dakota or Unnsvin VTOLs), their attacks are now penalized fairly strongly. Any unit carrying BA now is affected by a significant slowdown as it turns out hauling around tons and tons of dudes in suits is heavy, who knew?

Rip my minelayer vtol

Also I guess there's scaling difficulty that affects AI hit rates I won't turn on lol

Also tbh I don't know why I'd ever use the Mechbuster fighter with an AC10 instead of the default with 2 LLs, missiles, and some MLs. I love that you can buy one-off gladiator contracts to call in some random weirdo tournament fighter though lol

e: Oh it's a typo, it's an AC20 lmao

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:32 on May 26, 2022

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
Roger Tech update - THE SAVEBREAK HAS LANDED

(Changelog with working links here.)(Updated launcher required, as well.)

quote:

Changelog for Roguetech - Mechattan Project 1.0
IMPORTANT: THIS RELEASE IS SAVE BREAKING - YOUR OLD SAVES WILL NOT WORK WITH IT
Battletech version 1.9.1 and Roguetech Launcher version 1.3.3 are required
Table of Contents

Map Updates - The times They Are a-Changin'
Kill Teams (Optional) - You asked for harder content, here it is...
Superheavy 'Mechs Rework (Optional) - Run, you fools!
Equipment and weapon changes - The salt must flow
Missile Ammunition
Heavy Rotary Autocannons
Heavy MRM
Neural Interfaces / Pain Shunt
Airlift / Crane
Operation Revival (Optional) - New unofficial Content
General Changes - To keep ya on yer toes
Anti Air Stance
Mech Hardpoints
Unit Cost
DLC Installation Options
Protomechs Converted to Core Mod
Internal Folder Restructure
Misc Fixes
Questions and Bugs

Map Updates - The Times They Are a-Changin'

Galaxy At War (aka old offline Mode) has been removed.

Offline Mode/WarTech IIC now supports a selectable starting map era:

3040's Map: This is the classic RT map you know and love. All standard factions are available
3080's Map: This is map based on the canonical state of the Inner Sphere circa 3081 - 3085. New canon factions for this era have been added and a number of dead factions have been removed.

Note: Once you have chosen a map year, you must commit to it, changing map era's mid career is not supported Note 2: Map Year Selection is not available for Online Map Players

Kill Teams (Optional) - You asked for harder content, here it is...

Kill Teams is a new feature in Roguetech to increase late game difficulty and attempt to make the Mod more challenging for those that so desire. The feature enables lances of optimized (non-canon) 'Mechs and Vehicles with elite pilots that might drop as support for the enemy. These 'Mechs have been customized by our team to be as deadly as possible. Attempts to balance the difficulty for these units have been made, but this will be an ongoing process.

If Kill Teams are enabled, normal contracts will have a limit of one Support Lance per mission. Since this means a reduction of amount of standard support lance dropped in a mission on average for contracts between Difficulty 1 (half Green Skull) and Difficulty 12 (one Orange Skull), the chance for a single standard support lance drop has been increased. However, beginning with contracts at Difficulty 13 (1.5 Orange Skulls) and up, support lance pilots and 'Mechs start being substituted by Kill Teams variants. Kill Teams units are REQUIRED objectives in several mission types. Most Kill Teams units are unable to be salvaged, but any used equipment or weapons usually can be. Note: Currently two Kill Teams units can be salvaged, good luck finding these (and surviving the encounter).

Since we don't want to make the difficulty (of a by many considered already hard Mod) too steep for newer players, Kill Teams is an optional install for the more experienced players seeking a tougher challenge. To install it, choose the Kill Teams option under Enemy Support Lances selection during the Roguetech installation.

Superheavy 'Mechs Rework (Optional) - Run, you fools!

Superheavy Mechs have gone through a major rework to make them more viable and interesting to play. Besides updating the current ones, a large amount of new Roguetech custom designs have also been added to expand this area of the gameplay.

All Superheavy Mechs are part of the optional installation package with the name 'Superheavys', so to try them out make sure to select it during install.

The base Superheavys package contains around 100 mechs, most being generic to moderately advanced. For more interesting and unique designs, including a number of Superheavy only rare equipment and weapons - such as the Helical Railgun, the Ion Cannon and Rotary LRM launchers - the Experimental Weapons installation package contains another 50 designs. Some other designs are part of other packages, like Quicsell for the really weird but cheap Superheavy, RISCtech for highly advanced Inner Sphere versions and Urbocalypse; because you know you want the largest Urbie there is - the Urban King.

The list below is a summary of the major changes done to superheavy 'Mechs:

The number of slots and hardpoints in each location of the 'Mech has been increased.
They now receive less movement penalty in forests, rough or rubble terrain, but does not benefit from roads.
They are now susceptible to knockdown when firing large weapons unless braced, but at a decreased chance compared to standard 'Mechs. The higher the tonnage, the less the risk, with the 200 ton 'Mechs totally immune.
Armor is more efficient due to the ability to mount more of it, a flat +20% bonus to all locations except the head, which instead gets +100% bonus to make them harder to head shot.
Due to their sheer size, they are more stable and therefore take less stability damage.
As any MechWarrior piloting such a large 'Mech feels like the king of the world, they get a permanent +2 bonus to Guts as long as they remain in the 'Mech.
A new fixed item type, "Superheavy Frame", is mounted in the Center Torso of all Superheavy 'Mechs in various sizes based on the 'Mech tonnage. This item will list the major superheavy specific buffs of the 'Mech.
Superheavy Structure, Gyro and Stealth-type of armor have been added, standard 'Mech versions are not compatible.
Superheavy equipment, Mechs and Mech parts have been added to faction stores and will appear after two years of in-game time.
Certain planets have been given the new tag Superheavy Industry, and will now sell Superheavy equipment and Mechs produced on that planet after two years of in-game time. These stores generally have a friendly or honored reputation requirement for the items to appear.

More work around Superheavy Mechs will continue in the future, such as adding more contracts, flashpoints and similar content for them.

Equipment and weapon changes - The salt must flow
Missile Ammunition

Ammunition for Inner Sphere and Clan missile launchers have been split to be more like in-lore and balance the launchers out. Clan ammunition will generally be harder to find, like the Clan launchers, but most of the time have more interesting statistics. As a result of this split, most specialty ammunition is no longer available on Clan launchers - at this time only Inferno, Swarm, Thunder and Artemis IV are available. Society launchers will also use their own ammunition from now on.

This change affects SRM, LRM, MRM standard launchers, as well as SRM Streak launchers. LRM Streak launchers are already Clan only, so was not changed. RISC MML launchers have also been switched to use Clan ammunition.
Heavy Rotary Autocannons

HRACs have been removed, as they served no real purpose and were not balanced properly. RISCtech Autocannons and the Clan RAC/10 and RAC/20 now share ammunition, as the Clan ones are experimental versions based of the RISC.
Heavy MRM

All Heavy MRM launchers have been converted into Superheavy 'Mech only weapons, as they were too strong for their weapons class and intended profile.
Neural Interfaces / Pain Shunt

A new Neural Implant trait has been added for pilots. Pilots without Neural Implants can not pilot a Mech with an always-on DNI cockpit, and cockpits with an activatable component will not provide any benefits when activated. Neural Implants can be installed via a special surgery that can be purchased as a service in shops in Clan and WoB space, as well as Gamesworlds. Some Ronin pilots come with Neural Implants already installed.
Airlift / Crane

A new feature to airlift or lift units by crane has been added. So far only a single transport airship and the Loader King IndustrialMech have this feature. It allows the unit to lift any other unit on the battlefield, within its tonnage limitation, and then put it down - or throw it down if enemy. The lifted units can still fire, but not move as long as they are lifted.
Operation Revival (Optional) - New unofficial Content

Based on the Zhukov series of Alternative Universe TRO's made by Sharlin (https://thezhukovau.wordpress.com/), this submod adds a selection of new Clan Mechs and Tanks primarily for the Hell's Horses. Highlights include a speedy UAC/20 hover tank, a 100 ton tank with 90 LRM's and a series of refits of frontline OmniMechs. Used with original creators permission.

General Changes - To keep ya on yer toes
Anti Air Stance

All pilots got new ability called AA Stance, which can be used instead of attacking. Movement is still available after enabling it. Many weapons have a new stat AA Factor, which is used to calculate anti-air capabilities when an Airstrike is about to land as follow: The AA Factor of all weapons on all player mechs in AA Stance is added up and then divided by the number of player units on the field. The resulting value is the chance that the strafing fighter will not be able to attack any given unit in the strafe zone.

Example: You have 8 units. Two units are in AA Stance, one with a combined AA Factor of 250% and one with 150%. 250+150= 400 / 8 =50, so there is 50% chances that the strafing fighter will not attack your units in the strike zone.

The further increase the chance to prevent airstrikes, there are FCSs, Quirks and BC modules which further multiples the AA Factor value. As the AI does not understand how to use this equipment, it can only be bought in shops and will not appear in salvage.
Mech Hardpoints

All Mech's have gone through a hardpoint rebalance to bring them more in line with what we envision their roles to be. Superheavy Mechs got the largest benefit, greatly increasing their number of hardpoints.
Unit Cost

All Mechs and Vehicles costs have been reworked, in most cases resulting in a slight increase for 'Mechs and decrease for Vehicles. This change was made to address the fact that using vehicles as pure direct to sell loot was too good a tactic.
DLC Installation Options

During the Roguetech installation through the launcher you no longer have to choose which DLC you own. Instead, it will be autodetected as the game is started and only content which you have access to will be enabled.
Protomechs Converted to Core Mod

The previously optional Protomechs mod has been added into the core install, making them always available.
Internal Folder Restructure

We have adapted new, cleaner folder structure for how the Mod is set up - both the source and installed version. This will have a major impact on any Mods that build on top of Roguetech or tools. However, we feel with the new structure it is easier to keep track of things and maintain the Mod.

Career Backgrounds

Added Test Subject. Neural Implant! Random Protomech!
Updated Soldier. No longer completely at the mercy of RNGesus. Added the choice of an energy, ballistic or missile weapon to the day 2 lootbox event. Review your lance before advancing a day!

Misc Fixes

Added new Quicsell Outlet stores, with the best deals of the Galaxy!
Sniper, Thumper and Long Tom Oneshot versions can no longer use external ammunition.
As usual the release contains countless small fixes, tweaks and changes - far too many to list here.

Questions and Bugs

As always, we are just a small team of volunteers working on this Mod and we don't have the time or resources to test new releases fully. Since this is a quite large release, the chance for bugs or unclear features is considerable. We therefore ask that any encountered bugs be reported through our ticket system on our Discord by the !openticket command, and larger questions should be brought to the #questions-and-answers channel on Discord.

Our wiki will be updated with the new information, but this might not happen at the exact time of the launch of the release, so please have some patience.

Please do not contact our crew directly, as that will only make us even less efficient.

I'm 86 days travel from the "Gliding" flashpoint up in Clan Country, so I won't be updating immediately.

Ygolonac fucked around with this message at 04:08 on May 27, 2022

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lol I got a hero Fire Moth and hero Trebuchet from being a good gladiator with my almost immortal Crab and almost immortal Stinger LAM

The Moth has 200 armor and will never go out because a kick in the shin will blow it up and 9 evasion still gets my LAM shot regularly lmao

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

RBA Starblade posted:

Lol I got a hero Fire Moth and hero Trebuchet from being a good gladiator with my almost immortal Crab and almost immortal Stinger LAM

The Moth has 200 armor and will never go out because a kick in the shin will blow it up and 9 evasion still gets my LAM shot regularly lmao

Fire moths are bullshit glass cannons. Crazy high movement, and have like 8 clan small lasers. Perfect for sprinting around the back of your mech, and blowing out the XL engine. Yeah, they’ll die next turn - but you’re out a mech without even a chance to squash them.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Dalaram posted:

Fire moths are bullshit glass cannons. Crazy high movement, and have like 8 clan small lasers. Perfect for sprinting around the back of your mech, and blowing out the XL engine. Yeah, they’ll die next turn - but you’re out a mech without even a chance to squash them.

I'll probably keep using it in duo light fights for exactly that reason come to think of it lol

Also I got a quad-legged mech with a UAC20. Things are getting silly now

It even has a lil tail

Arghy
Nov 15, 2012

LAM's are amazing but they'll die to artillery fire and lucky hits but thats why you only use the pheonixhawk LAM because it's 45 tons with like 11 evasion the entire time.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Arghy posted:

LAM's are amazing but they'll die to artillery fire and lucky hits but thats why you only use the pheonixhawk LAM because it's 45 tons with like 11 evasion the entire time.

I mercifully have not run into a single artillery piece in this campaign

My first three died to the bastards lmao

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

Ygolonac posted:

Roger Tech update - THE SAVEBREAK HAS LANDED

(Changelog with working links here.)(Updated launcher required, as well.)

Wow this is a huge set of changes. I might have to reinstall to try it out.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
LOL, made a smartass comment in the RT discord and MR_TEX messaged me. :woop: :toot:

And I have yet to actually start a new career post-savebreak. :effort: Just plain exhaustion, mostly, plus I really need to look at the startup gear - I'm thinking I might go for the one that gives an AWACS VTOL for the sensors/EW buffs early on. (Hell, I never even *encountered* those in my second career (as the first one lasted five missions :suicide:) until... April? or so.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just started a new campaign and picked up a King Crab before Weldry. :feelsgood:

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
I keep wanting to come back but I've played the main campaign so many times that only an overhaul mod gets me going anymore. what hurts is even with a pretty dece gaming machine I still get crashes

plz hairbrained schemes update the engine at least. I know it's not going to make you money but I want it so bad

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
For BTA players - bloodydoves has posted a 3-Year-Anniversary patch.

bloodydoves posted:

v14.0 (aka the "It's My Anniversary... But I Got You A Present!" release) has been released to the installer. This is a decently content rich patch (thanks to precisely 1 thing), so strap in for it! Let's go:

NEW MECHANIC (kind of): This patch, to celebrate our three-year anniversary I decided to embark on a 2+ week project and bring you a major shop overhaul with the introduction of Factory Worlds. Marked by two new tags on the star map (Factory Worlds and Factory Worlds - Restricted), Factory planets are ones that have on-planet factories that produce certain gear and units. On a factory world, everything it produces is always available when you visit. For instance, on the Draconis Combine world of Dieron, the Grand Dragon DRG-7K is produced. They also produce the Engine Core 360 and the XL Engine that the mech uses. This means that if you visit Dieron, the Core 360 and the XL Engine are both always in stock and there is always a Grand Dragon in stock in the store as well. Some factories produce engines, others produce mechs or tanks, still more produce weaponry. This update adds 130+ factories to the star map. Almost every power has at least 1 factory to sell you things (a few Deep Periphery guys do not and the Clan Occupation Zone does not, other than the Diamond Sharks) so there is a ton of stuff in stores now. Go forth and discover who sells what and where! When we can, we'll update the wiki with this information as well. See the FAQ post on Discord or the wiki for further information about the factories and how they work if you want the fine details (you probably do!).

SUGGESTED BEST PRACTICE: This update does not strictly speaking require a new career. However, the tags for the factory worlds will not populate on worlds in a career that existed before v14.0. This is a base game limitation. If you want to be able to find factory worlds, you should start a new career so you get the tags properly.

UPDATED STORES: To go along with the factory worlds, most stores have had engine cores and stock jump jets removed from them. Additionally, the number of general units in stores has been turned down somewhat to represent that most production is found on the factory worlds. There's still mechs and tanks in general shops of course, we just turned down the numbers somewhat.

NEW VARIANTS: To go along with the factories, there's roughly 50ish new 3060s vintage variants spanning dozens of chassis. Advanced tech is proliferating, units are getting powerful and dangerous, and factories in full production. Keep your eyes open. A full accounting will go the wiki, once we're able to do so.

MAJOR BUG FIX: Paint schemes will no longer randomize on player mechs during contracts! If you were ever sad about the paint schemes not staying as you selected when you dropped into a contract, well, we fixed it! I'm happy about it too, lemme tell ya.

COMMUNITY CONTENT: Not too much CC this patch (though what we have is pretty cool), just the Black Marauder with a unique piece of gear and a pair of Marauder-based Superheavies (the Scorch SH and the Alpha SH).

Not as many morale boosting things will stack now in combat. Morale is still powerful and stackable, but it's a little less ridiculous now. Maybe.

There's a new playable tank, the good ol' Schrek PPC Carrier! Huzzah!

The Nova Cat Omnimech now has a fixed DHS kit. Whoops!

A number of mechs have had their affinities correctly assigned.

The Morgan Kell Flashpoint, Braying of Hounds, has some updated text in a few places and has a more interesting unique Stalker in the first mission thanks to a BTA user contributing some work to the mod. Thanks! You know who you are.

Battle Armor should no longer take damage when falling off a building.

We've disabled the Buyback shop due to some technical issues we discovered. Sorry, if you were the one person in BTA who heavily used it.

The Canopians now will conquer part of the unaligned planets in the Periphery in the start of 3063, including the planets of Alloway, Bonavista, Joppa, and (most importantly) Detroit. Detroit will then turn into a pretty decent factory planet after the Canopians conquer it for as long as they hold the world.

The Improved Blazer received a small damage nerf.

The BonusDescription for ammunition count on ammoboxes is now more generic. If you can't tell that the Machine Gun ammo box has MG ammo in it, I can't help you.

Just so many DLL updates, yo, you don't even know!

IMPORTANT: v14.0 is an "update" update. In this case, clear your Mods folder manually and then run the installer, it'll do the work for you.

IMPORTANT: v14.0 is not a save breaking update, your saves are compatible and will work fine.

IMPORTANT: You can see v14.0's patch notes, as well as any BTA patch notes, on our wiki on this page: https://www.bta3062.com/index.php/Patch_Notes

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Time to restart again, again. I wish there was a start that was a little later in the timeline just to move things around a bit, with some heavier starting gear too.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

Thinking of giving the base game another go, I never played the 3rd DLC. When I last played, Bulwark was basically mandatory on everyone and loading up on MLs and SRMs was generally the best way to build, has that changed much?

(I know that everyone seems to be playing overhaul mods but hopefully someone remembers what the base game even looks like)

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

No, Bulwark is still mandatory. There are new weapons that can be more efficient than SRMs though.

CompeAnansi
Feb 1, 2011

I respectfully decline
the invitation to join
your hallucination

McGavin posted:

No, Bulwark is still mandatory. There are new weapons that can be more efficient than SRMs though.

Yeah, Bulwark is so OP that the overhaul mods removed it. Definitely use it if you're playing the base game.

Gato
Feb 1, 2012

That's a shame, I was hoping they'd rebalanced things by now. I don't suppose there are any decent balance mods that don't massively expand the game? I actually quite like the relatively limited scope of the base game and the big overhaul mods are pretty intimidating, especially as I have zero knowledge of the lore - even BEX (which someone was describing as conservative last page) adds like 1000 mechs.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
I mean, all the big mods are packages of piecemeal mods, so you can go shopping for the ones that suit your fancy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhotoKirk
Jul 2, 2007

insert witty text here

McGavin posted:

SRM builds are still fun, especially if you have Wulfbanes as a pilot.