Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)
I took a dive in the Upcoming releases section of Steam and BattleTech appeared (as stated now once again saying "Early 2018") right around April 24th. So that's a good assumption as to when the release date will be coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Taintrunner posted:

Yeah I played my first game of Battletech tabletop this week and the thrill of forcing a Thor standing atop a mountain into forced retreat with an incredibly lucky rocket salvo in the opening turns was the best goddamn feeling. So now I have like 30 BT miniatures sitting on my desk, oh lord.

Alpha Strike or Total Warfare?

I'm getting a weird itch to play on MegaMekNET again or something now.

Amechwarrior
Jan 29, 2007

https://twitter.com/BattleTech_Game/status/966693278195347456

HBS found a new twitter intern to replaced the last one, the closer looks have resumed. This one has updated info boxes and a new listing of hardpoints/max JJ. This VND could potentially mount 4 PPCs for a deadly early game glass cannon.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Drone posted:

Alpha Strike or Total Warfare?

I'm getting a weird itch to play on MegaMekNET again or something now.

Oh! Uh, Battletech rear end Battletech, as far as I know. The rulebook in front of me just says Battletech.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Sky Shadowing posted:

Release month might have slipped. Shadowhawk pre-order skin has appeared on Steam and showed a release date of April 2018 when in your wishlist.

E: it's officially on Steam as April. No specific day.

It's the 1st of April of course...

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

April Fools we've actually been making an MLP gacha game the whole time here it is lol

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

gently caress that gimmie a Batlletech gacha.

SSR Nastacha Kerensky waifu. Hope you also roll the rare Warhammer to put her in.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

100 airstrikes (best value)

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

See, you joke, but I could see a proper video game conversion of the BT TCG working really well...

Bubbacub
Apr 17, 2001

I always wanted to see Clan Hell's Horses represented more in the games.

isildur
May 31, 2000

BattleDroids: Flashpoint OH NO! Dekker! IS DOWN! THIS IS Glitch! Taking Command! THIS IS Glich! Taking command! OH NO! Glitch! IS DOWN! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! THIS IS Medusa! Taking command! OH NO! Medusa IS DOWN!

Soon to be part of the Battletech Universe canon.

sebmojo posted:

April Fools we've actually been making an MLP gacha game the whole time here it is lol

I would unironically make that game. I should talk to Mitch and Jordan about it.

vorebane
Feb 2, 2009

"I like Ur and Kavodel and Enki being nice to people for some reason."

Wrong Voter amongst wrong voters

sebmojo posted:

This but it's a fighting game in early access.

Fake edit: omg Them's Fighting Herds is actually out now.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I cannot get over how much the pubbies on the official forums are losing their minds over a forum move to Paradox's forum infrastructure. Apparently this is the end times, Paradox have full control over the studio and are forcing the game to be worse and everyone who doesn't agree is literally hitler.

Our old friend Shadowdragon has popped up and is posting so much poo poo, it's a total forum meltdown. The biggest disaster apparently is that you can't have a custom avatar on the Paradox forums, and some people who have really generic names are finding that their name is taken. Oh no.

I also just got moderated for calling them all babies.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

They are all babies and that's hilarious. Glad they moved, the hbs forums were awful, especially on mobile.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Never get too attached to any platform run by a private entity who isn't you; it always ends badly. I remember when Bioware torched their official forums. Man that was a hell of a shitshow.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Skippy McPants posted:

Never get too attached to any platform run by a private entity who isn't you; it always ends badly. I remember when Bioware torched their official forums. Man that was a hell of a shitshow.
Well at least in this case, it's a change over to a bigger forums when launch is "soon". When (hopefully) the influx of new and returning for launch players will outnumber the ever present backer/doomsayer grognards.

As opposed to the more common trend of nuking forums entirely for :effort: reasons.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

I'll admit to some disappointment the HBS forums are closing down but that's literally only because they're not behind my work firewall while Paradox Plaza very much is (as is this place, but I have my phone for here).

I honestly think the Kickstarter Update with the release date (which I'm predicting is April 24th) will come out tomorrow, and pre-orders will also open up simultaneously. Since they probably should do a Kickstarter update to tell all the grognards "hey go over here now."

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
But muh Battletech Game forum badges!

E: Actually, Battletech will get added to my salad bar of Paradox game icons on their forum so guess thats a epeen plus?

Skoll fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Feb 26, 2018

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

That reminds me, I should snag some preorder keys for good friends who would enjoy this kind of game.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Skoll posted:

But muh Battletech Game forum badges!

E: Actually, Battletech will get added to my salad bar of Paradox game icons on their forum so guess thats a epeen plus?

Yeah but their salad will be less impressive than paradox salad if they haven’t bought over a decades worth of EU, HOI, CK etc plus expansions.

I guarantee some people are thinking this and pissed about it.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Some of the excuses I've seen decrying the move are absolutely loving juvenile. It makes it funnier cause you know the dudes throwing a poo poo fit are probably in their mid to late 40s.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Skoll posted:

Some of the excuses I've seen decrying the move are absolutely loving juvenile. It makes it funnier cause you know the dudes throwing a poo poo fit are probably in their mid to late 40s.

:justpost:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

quote:

The software may be better, but the migrating members are more concern with the user interface and lack of some of the features that we had in the old forums. Most noticed is the loss of the custom avatars that were graciously made by an outstanding group of digital artists who made them for members who asked.

Compared to the other forums, PDX’s color pallet is more straining on the eyes. The controls are more complicated and harder to use. And the site is very unfriendly when you are trying to accomplish something from a mobile phone.

quote:

sigh

It isnt. I own a dozen Paradox games and I ignore their forum beacause its garbage. Thats fine, I'll go back to lurking. I was enjoying the indi feel of this place, but you wanna go all megacorp on us? You wanna be the next EA, you go look after that bottom line.

I've been a fan of Battletech since I first saw a Warhammer striding out in an ad in Dragon Magazine. I've been playing Shadowrun since 1st ed. I'm surprised by how alienated I feel by this move. But I'm really pissed off, no denying it.

So if you wanna be just another game company? Ok.

I'd like to know when I'll be recieving the game I paid for, if you please.

quote:

Does this mean I will get bombarded by Paradox email promotions?

If so then not really interested. My already limited input on these forums (although I check them everyday) may well come to an end. Would appear my Valhalla subscription just became worthless.

I understand technological limitations, but as other have said, sometimes bigger is not actually better.

quote:

Oh, what a crying shame. Mass forums make for massive idiots. 😞

I love this close knit community and it's spirit/essense will be lost in the transit.

This is from Phros :

quote:

This will be my last ever post on these forums. Thanks for the good times and the great [Mod edit: Please do not post derogatory language at others.]

To the extremely vocal minority. You are all a bunch of [Mod edit: Please do not post derogatory language at others.] You do not own Battletech. Nobody cares about your flaccid opinions. Grow up and enjoy new things.

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

I like how their edit makes his post more offensive

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

A forum where I can't post derogatory things about other users? No sir, I don't like it.

In all seriousness, I've mostly ignored the official forums, and will continue to do so when it moves to Paradox. Laziness pays off again!

[EDIT] :godwinning:, because it's actually one thing that wouldn't fly on the PDX forums. :v:

Zaodai fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Feb 26, 2018

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

That last one is Phros. :ssh:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Galaga Galaxian posted:

That last one is Phros. :ssh:

See where I said it's from Phros above the quote?

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Was the last one Phros?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
You would think after however long this game has been in development (a while) with all the changes they've made from The Holiest Text, the 3025 TRO, these people would finally begin to figure out change is going to happen and sometimes it's for the better (weapon balance) and sometimes it's necessary (HG is garbage) and sometimes it's just how reality works (PDX forums) and maybe, just maybe, try to be realistic about expectations.

but alas, no.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Skoll posted:

See where I said it's from Phros above the quote?

Hah, that's what I get for skimming and posting at work.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Psion posted:

You would think after however long this game has been in development (a while) with all the changes they've made from The Holiest Text, the 3025 TRO, these people would finally begin to figure out change is going to happen and sometimes it's for the better (weapon balance) and sometimes it's necessary (HG is garbage) and sometimes it's just how reality works (PDX forums) and maybe, just maybe, try to be realistic about expectations.

but alas, no.
Well put.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

Forgive my lack of knowledge but who is Phros?

E: I see now :downs:

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

I called them babies and pubbies, that's the two things that got censored. I'm not really that proud of it, but it was the brown sea. :justpost:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Phrosphor posted:

I called them babies and pubbies, that's the two things that got censored. I'm not really that proud of it, but it was the brown sea. :justpost:

I got multiple mod PMs for calling them autists once.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Skoll posted:

I got multiple mod PMs for calling them autists once.

I hope you countered with "I didn't call them autistic, I diagnosed them autistic. It's entirely different."

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Zaodai posted:

I hope you countered with "I didn't call them autistic, I diagnosed them autistic. It's entirely different."

I think I just said *shrug* and lied low for a month before doing it again.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

I mean... good? Calling them babies and autists only makes things harder for the poor CMs trying to keep a lid on everything. Also, you can't really claim any kind of superiority when you're wading into the babies kiddy pool to mock them.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Skippy McPants posted:

I mean... good? Calling them babies and autists only makes things harder for the poor CMs trying to keep a lid on everything. Also, you can't really claim any kind of superiority when you're wading into the babies kiddy pool to mock them.

That's what I mean. It wasn't a good post!

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer
We definitely don't mock autists or grogs on SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Skoll posted:

We definitely don't mock autists or grogs on SA.

It's acceptable for us to do it though, because we're all autistic grogs here.