Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

hello friends i bought this game when it was on sale last week and so far it's very fun. i've been playing the career mode because i'm not super into the storyline.

i finally got my first heavy mech after an extremely long time (an archer) and it's sick. of course then i immediately went to do a flashpoint and it turned out to be one with weight limits on it so I couldn't use my snazzy new archer.

it was the raven flashpoint and i feel like they really oversold the raven. when you finally get to use it on that last mission all it takes is one of the enemy mechs sensor locking you and then your entire team is annihilated by every lrm carrier and turret on the map. i had to hide all my guys behind a building then send the javelin out to get visuals on the buildings and lrm them to the ground then run away to the extraction to beat that mission.

i got a random event where my crew member did a crime scam to get me a piece of a rare mech, a highlander. how the heck do I get the other two pieces of salvage for this thing now? do i need to wait for more random events?

edit: so far the stupidest way i have lost a pilot was right at the start of a mission, my guy was lower on an incline than the enemy mech at the first engagement and the enemy mech just ran over and melee'd and kicked my mech's head off, instantly killing the pilot.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Apr 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

RBA Starblade posted:

Flashpoint rewards can include random pieces of rare mechs like that Highlander, and the black market can as well.

I got an srm2+++ out of that event so congrats lol

for the raven flashpoint i decided to give the raven to the original guys and the flashpoint reward i got was 2 parts of a wolverine and some random bullshit guns, which was kind of a bummer.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

does roguetech have elementals in it?

edit: ive finally started being able to finish the heavies ive had parts of for a long time, so now i can field a full group of heavies. i've got a marauder, a rifleman, an archer, and a black knight. so far they all overheat nightmarishly and they're missing the jump jets I liked so much on my medium mechs, but they do hit hard. I kinda want to swap out the PPCs on my marauder for large lasers, then use the spare tonnage to fit a large autocannon.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Apr 12, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i'm playing vanilla at the moment to try and get the hang of the game. it did seem like PPCs produced way too much heat relative to large lasers (50 damage + 35 heat vs 40 damage + 18 heat) to be worth it.

right now im trapped in an awful flashpoint i started, its been three consecutive deployments against ridiculous odds. i had to fight 6 heavies and 2 assaults in the first mission, 4 heavies and 4 mediums in the second one, and now on the third one its 3 heavies and 1 assualt and i get the feeling its just the first phase. i lost my designated head-popper on the first one because he lost 1 of his 6 health bars so naturally that means he cant drive a mech, so now i have third string mechwarriors in my third string mechs. its not going super well.

i wish i could refit my mechs using the advice you all have given me cause i could ditch so many ac10s and PPCs and put jump jets on my guys.

edit: i hate how much the game locks you out of using the escape menu. i want to be able to load my game fast not loving sit through three loading screens to tell me i lost.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 13, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Organ Fiend posted:

RE AC10s and PPCs: Looks like you have Heavy Metal, so there are a few exceptions. AC10s are amazing on Annihilators because of the 20% damage boost. They become head choppers and 4xAC10 on an ANH rivals all but the most ridiculous MAD configs. In fact, the ANH is the best mech in the game. As for PPCs, standard ++ PPCs have niche roles but SNPPCs are amazing. Especially the +10 damage versions. Especially on a WHM.

RE difficulty with heavy/ assault drops: side from configs, your pilots might need some work. By now, all of your pilots should have tactics 6, and some should have tactics 9. These are key for quick efficient kills which are essential for surviving assault drops. Which FP are you on? We're might be able to give some more specific advice. Also, feel free to post pilots and configs. Finally, you can always abandon the FP to refit mechs and train up pilots. The FP will respawn later.

RE saving: If you're not playing in Ironman mode, you can save mid mission. It just has to be your turn, and before you move anything.

i was doing 'the long hunt'. almost all my pilots have above 7s in everything, it just got rough towards the end when I lost guys to injury and had to bring in newer recruits. I ended up loading a game from before I started the flashpoint cause I didn't really have enough gear to do that flashpoint at the level I'm at.

my entire roster of heavies was:
BL-6-KNT
MAD-3R
RFL-4D
DRG-1N
ARC-2R

all stock at the time, then for mediums I had:
VND-1R (swapped stock weapons for LL + ML on each arm and bonus heat sinks)
KTO-18 (stock)
PXH-1 (stock)
BJ-1DB (weapons swapped for LL+ML on each arm)
BJ-1 (weapons replaced with AC/10 + 3 MLs)
HBK-4P
ENF-4R
special crab from the steel beast flashpoint who I didn't want to endanger

my MAD-3R was my designated head-popper but it lost the right torso on the first mission so the pilot and the mech were out of commission for the rest. I also lost the rifleman on that first mission because it just seemed to be a real piece of poo poo. I subbed in, then lost, the dragon on the next mission but replaced it with an Orion I salvaged. i'd also taken in the hunchback who did a ton of work drilling through the spines of much larger mechs.

then on the last mission my roster was the orion, hunchback, black knight (who had taken serious structure damage but not lost anything), and archer. I couldn't get far in because the enemy team was two catapults, an archer, and something with ECM. all my guys were just pounded to poo poo before I could get in range to do real damage myself.

i ended up loading to before the flashpoint and just going and doing some generic missions to try and shore up my gang. I pulled the PPCs out of the black knight, rifleman, and marauder, and put in more lasers, jump jets, and heat sinks. I just got my first atlas thanks to some expert head-popping, so hopefully this assault mech will help me tackle some rougher missions.

i really want to get the annihilator because it looks crazy, and the idea of a big ballistics mech is very appealing

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i'm still trying to find more parts of the special highlander i got 1 piece of. it says it has a gauss cannon (but it also says you can't get them anymore, so i'm kind of worried its not gonna give me the gauss cannon).

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

sean10mm posted:

The gauss rifle, and even + and ++ variants, will show up on systems with the "Former Star League Presence" tag as well as black markets. Along with the ammo for it.

You can also find Highlander 732b parts for sale at those places, as well as entire mechs (but the prices on those are nutso lol), and there is a random chance to get a part from Flashpoints with Rare OR Lostech item rewards. It's all random but not stupidly rare either.

Odds are super good you finish with at least one 732b in career mode.

e: The Gauss+ is 2 tons lighter and like $2,000,000+, the ++ is 2 tons lighter and takes up fewer slots and is over $3,000,000 I think.

thats good, i was worried they were gonna do some BS thing where its like 'hey this is meant to have a gauss cannon but they dont make those no more so now you get a PPC instead'.

hot stuff comin thru!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i managed to salvage a king crab and i'm wondering how to kit it out. to mess around i took out the LRM and large laser, and replaced them with jump jets, MGs, and a shitload of ac/20 ammo. it's fun but probably stupid.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

sean10mm posted:

2xac20 is always hilariously good.

so far hes very good at sprinting around and then jumping behind people and dumping ac/20s and machineguns into peoples backs, killing nearly anything right away. i also gave it an arm actuator that gives +60 melee damage for those times when the crabbo has to stabbo

edit: scratch that last part the dang arm actuator is 6 friggin slots

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 13, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i had to take off some ac/20 ammo and 2 mgs to fit a TTS++ for ballistic weapons, but hopefully this will bring my crab's accuracy (craburacy) up a bit.

edit: crab is now too strong and is destroying all challengers, it took out 8 other assaults in a 5 star mission

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Apr 13, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i am still on the hunt for the annihilator, and more pieces of my gauss highlander. i've murdered a number of npc highlanders now but none have been the right one. I've found complete annihilators in the shop, but 10mil with the highest faction discount is still too much for my current budget.

edit: im installing roguetech because i am curious about it, i picked all eras of mechs to install and then the extra stuff that seemed to be canon

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Apr 13, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

sean10mm posted:

You will never fight the special Highlander in the unmodified game.

They are scary if you play with them modded in because every gauss hit has a chance to critically hit THROUGH ARMOR and cause an ammo explosion.

:supaburn:

dang, i did not know that about gauss cannons. can the king crab fit gauss cannons in its claws?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

sean10mm posted:

Absolutely!

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i installed roguetech and somehow ended up with a bunch of dumb meme portraits. i wish they had been labelled better on the installer cause i would not have picked them if i had known what they were. also the uh quality of models of new mechs seems extremely variable. i started with one that looks like a PS2 ww2 plane with mech legs grafted on

is there a mod for battletech thats kind of like The Long War was for XCOM? and/or a good pack of portraits?

i read about cool cyborg word of blake guys on the battletech wiki so if theres anything that lets you play as those that would be cool to know about too

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Apr 14, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

sean10mm posted:

I am in the minority that doesn't like any of the mega mods but the 3025 and 3062 mods are the go to choices.

Roguetech is a giant sloppy shitshow IMO

it does definitely seem to be a case of quantity over quality. the text isnt proofread very well so there's a lot of spelling and grammar mistakes, and the UI changes are kinda weird

i got put in a mission with this busted rear end looking 3 polygon helicopter

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

thanks, i will give BEX and/or BTA a try. do either of them add more mechs that use axes / melee weapons like the hatchetman? somehow in my vanilla campaign ive only ever run into one hatchetman, and despite taking out its legs to capture it, the loot screen only gave me two pieces of it. it did chop off the arm of my marauder while i was trying to get enough resolve to do more precision shots, and the animation for it was very cool.

edit: did the marauder used to be skinnier? i remember very distinctly as a kid seeing one of the original mechwarrior videogames and there was a mech in there that was like the marauder but much more lanky and smooth and exaggerated in proportions. i know part of it is just graphics marching on, but for the whole silhouette to change seems weird. unless it was a different mech, cause i think all the mechwarrior games were set post-clan era.

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 14, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

im trying out BTA and it's kind of rude that it disables in-battle saving. i also made the mistake of picking melee for my starting roster of mechs, and it just gave me two civilian logging mechs, and a talos with a big hammer that clips through its hand and doesnt animate a swing for.

Stravag posted:

Marauder has had its profile modified several times to try and avoid copyright and then because the art direction became beefier in general on any mech pgi or catalyst reworked recently

Original

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Marauder#/media/File%3A3025_marauder.jpg

Project phoenix rework

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Marauder#/media/File%3AMad-5l_marauder.jpg

The MWO version that HBS uses for battletech

https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Marauder#/media/File%3AMWO_Marauder.png

Its 130am and im the links arent working as im phone posting. You can scroll to the end of that page and look at the different version. You can also see art style changes on the mad cat pretty clearly as it it moves from spindly arms and legs with massive weapon pods and cockpit to more sensible.proportions in the mw3 era to a much more robust leg, arm, and chassis design in the mwo era

that makes a lot of sense, the original one is the one i remember

juggalo baby coffin fucked around with this message at 17:13 on Apr 14, 2021

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

im having trouble with the weird lack of quality control in both roguetech and bta

why would you put an untextured mech in the game? its a really nicely done model, but it doesnt have a texture, it's just flat solid colours. why not just kitbash together a texture for it using existing in-game textures? cut pieces out from other mechs and fit them to the UV map. or if you don't have a proper texture, just don't put the mech in till you do. I don't get it.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i think it just looks extra bad because i had metallic colours picked for the company livery. with normal paint it looks a bit better but its still just a totally flat texture

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Organ Fiend posted:

Is that a whitworth?

BEX uses a resized TBT model for the WTH. It does this for a lot od other mechs too. It uses some new models, some are not so hot (lol lancelot), but none are that bad.

My only complaints are that the CRD's textures are a bit muddy (but otherwise fine), and some of the textures for the GLT and LGB are too simplistic.

The only really bad models are the aforementioned lancelot, and the MON. The IMP/FLS model isn't bad, but it is ugly as all hell.

yeah its a whitworth, i changed the company colours and it looks mildly less hosed up but i'm still gonna replace it. i have a Clint as well that is just apparently stuck with weird metallic colours that can't be changed.

there are some really nice models too, like a Mantis that the enemy team had. I'd never seen one before but it ripped one of my mechs apart with its big claws.

i dont mind the mechs being like, different art styles, just so long as theyre decent quality and don't obviously look like messed up videogame models. the setting has room for a lot of different styles of mechs to exist, so its kind of endearing to have a weird grey box running around. I got a mech called a 'hussar' that looks like some kind of NES accessory, or a hovertank that grew legs. you can't change the colours on it but it doesnt look super awful.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

I started BTA with a hollander with a heavy gauss cannon who has been putting in a lot of work. the hollander model and texture are good, apart from some animations where theres a little gap at the waist for some reason. it's not super visible though so we/e.

i went to go and look up the hollander on the battletech wiki and i have to say 'what the gently caress?' about the original art

it looks like one of those non euclidean optical illusion shapes

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Organ Fiend posted:

The hussar was, in fact, a hover tank, but then the tabletop battletech developers realized the needed a mech, not another hover tank, so they added some derpy legs and arms.

Lol

that is extremely funny, i thought i was just joking about that. the in-game one looks like this:

its not the best model but its not super awful. it could pass for like a star league old timey mech or something

PoptartsNinja posted:

The miniatures make a little more sense, but the Hollander is intentionally pretty goofy. It's a two-headed monster but one of the heads is a giant cannon. And its legs make no sense (they're supposed to be shock/recoil absorbers but it still means the center mass is so far forward it should fall over any time it's not firing the gun).

I'm a genuine fan of the Hollander III.

the in-game hollander is cool, it looks kinda like the hollander 3 but with two arms.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

here's the pretty nice (grape) hollander

and then here is the pretty nicely modelled clint, with weird and bad fixed shiny red and grey textures

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i switched to BEX because BTA was kind of weird. i didnt understand how they had changed the base game moves, like precision shot didn't let me actually pick a location, sprint didn't end my turn, etc, cause they didn't update the tooltips.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Gwaihir posted:

The wiki handles a lot of that, but if you played TT, that's probably the best guide. For example, walking gives you lower heat and better shots than sprinting, precision shot only lets you choose locations of you also have a tarcomp installed (I think this is sorta important for balance otherwise the headshot runaway train snowball is just too good).

The other major change from base is evasion is permanent until you enter unsteady range, and heat no longer does internal damage but instead starts forcing shutdown and ammo explosion checks depending on how high you push it. (Heat damage is REALLY good). Other than that.. I guess ECM is not the base game cloaking thing, it just functions as a harder to hit aura.

The last bit is an engine limitation, but for pilots with active skills, you can only use one per turn. So you can't pop both multi shot and the aoe bulwark skill from guts 10.

i did not know there was a wiki, so i will check that out next time i try BTA. I never played tabletop, so i was kinda confused by a lot of the changes because of the tooltips being unaltered. I did notice that the heat was a lot more persistent and had a lower overheat threshold, and destroying heatsinks seemed to really cripple enemy mechs.

it was weird cause mechs seemed overall tankier, like I had battles going on till like turn 35 and ending with just like 2 crippled mechs barely swinging at each other. melee seemed a lot weaker, although there were also a lot more skills pertaining to melee which was cool.

i like the panic system that both BEX and BTA added though, it was annoying to me in the base game that an enemy in a totally ruined mech would just stick around to the bitter end while i kicked them to death bit by bit. a locust running in to fight 3 assaults after its entire team died was also weird. I'm willing to accept my own guys auto-ejecting too, because its better than having them die because I am too stubborn to click the eject button.

edit: i am hoping to find an IMP in the game, aka the Assault Class Urbie:

i googled 'goofiest battlemechs' last night and found this gem

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

NihilCredo posted:

"so how did you pass the time during the lockdown?"

i love the old mechwarrior art but its hard to sift through the 10000 mechs there are to find the funniest looking ones, so i figured there had to be one or more articles about the goofiest. turns out i was right.

i got a Mongoose in BEX, and while the art for it looks like something i made out of boxes in Second Life in 2009, it is a really nice mech to use, which makes the art all the more painful

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

cugel posted:

Happy to help, I keep one variant of every mech I catch.

No patterns sadly.

i need to get this and the hussar and any other mechs this same artist made so i can have a merc team called the Nintendo Zappers

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

morgan kell was kia in the flashpoint where i had to use him but luckily he came back to life after the mission so i still got paid.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

where the heck can i find a hatchetman in BEX?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i wish i could figure out what triggers the enemy reinforcements showing up. it's a real bummer to have to fight 8 guys right off the bat. especially because the bex ones will reserve their turn so all 8 go at once and just gently caress your guys up.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i fought and salvaged an axman in BEX. it's the big daddy version of the hatchetman, and it is very powerful. it has a bunch of wacky upgrades like a double XL engine or something. it came with an AC20 and 3 medium lasers by default, but I swapped out the AC20 for a LB-X 10 so I could beef up the armour a bit, since the engine means it dies it if loses either side torso.

it chopped two battlemasters to pieces in its first outing and that got me my first assault class.

although to upstage me, the second I got my axman, i got a newsletter update saying house steiner just released the berserker, which is the assault class version of the axman.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

enemy units are certainly obsessed with focusing on my axman, its pretty annoying. I don't know how they decide who to focus on, but they pick the axman even when it's not at the head of the pack.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

would leaving some free tonnage on my axman make it run faster? it is annoying that you can't jump then melee, rather than being forced into a DFA attack

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

are the default loadouts of mechs supposed to mostly be lovely? i don't really understand why SRM2s exist unless you're just using them to fill a tiny bit of free space when you already have like 3 SRM6s. almost all the default mechs are like '1 medium laser, 1 mg, 1 LRM5' i guess just so they can be crappy at all ranges?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

phew, I was kind of worried that i was just really stupid and had terrible ideas about how to build mechs, and there was some sort of really smart reason for those terrible loadouts.

i read on the mechwarrior wiki that clanners hate melee combat, which seems weird considering their wacky klingon culture. you'd think that melee mech duels would be their big thing.

i was also kind of disappointed when I got to Solaris VII in BEX and there were no special mech gladiator matches there

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i wish there was more info about the different starts in BEX. i tried the 'SLDF cache' start hoping i'd get something decent and instead I got like 2 nighthawks, a spider, a falcon, and a talon. the nighthawks seemed pretty good, except one of their laser blasts just originates from midair 10 feet above their head

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

the light mechs just seem pretty bad unless you are the AI and can field 8 of them to slowly whittle down the player

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

ive always liked the commando because of the mechwarrior 2: mercenaries intro, and the fact that its generally cute. the jenner is also cute. the early game when you use them is just very frustrating because of how lovely your guys are at shooting, so you have mechs with 3 weak guns that only connect with 1 per turn.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Organ Fiend posted:

'SLDF cache' just means the 3050 start, right? I only remember being able to pick the starting year. In 3050 (or 3039?), SLDF tech was just starting to be rediscovered and reproduced. Most mechs are going to be 3025 tech. If you want SLDF tech up front now, pick a later start date (like the 3060s start). Sorry, I don't remember all of the start dates, and I don't know if that affects starting mechs, but I'm betting it doesn't.

RE light mechs and starting mechs, if you're having trouble, or just hate the idea of re-rolling to get new mechs, I'd suggest unchecking the randomized starting mechs button. This means you'll get a VND, JR7, SDR, PNT and COM to start. There aren't any super stars there, but those are all solid mechs. There are a number of zero-day modifications you can make on these mechs to make them better:
-VND: drop 1 ton LRM ammo and a HS or two to max armor
-JR7: drop JJs and SRM to max armor
-SDR: drop JJs for armor
-PNT: drop a HS or two to max/near max armor
-COM: drop the SRM for armor
After that, there are further modifications that, in a addition to the above modifications, make them even better
-JR7: add a HS (you'll have a bit of weight left over after droping the SRM/JJs and maxing armor)
-SDR: Add support weapons
-VND: drop lasers and up the LRM5 to a LRM10
-COM: add another ML
You can also turn the VND and PNT into jumping ML/SRM brawlers, or turn the PNT into a dual LL sniper, but these changes take alot of time early on.

The JR7 with 4 MLs is a solid infighter early on. The SDR can also do some infighting, but really shines in melee. Remember that Melee and support weapons ignore evasion pips, so this makes it really really good early on when you have poo poo pilots. The VND and PNT really mess up lights with their PPCs. The sensor disruption penalty also is a factor early in the game. The COM can fill in for the JR7 or SDR if they end up in the shop (and the LL really messes things up in the light mech phase), but I don't like using it because its so fragile.

The only light mech that I might try to salvage and use is the FS9. 2xML and 4xMG with all 6 JJs works really well. It can shred things in melee and will set of ammo in things easily. Its also good for back shots early on, though you'll want to upgrade to a GRF as soon as possible.

thanks for the advice, i started a new game with the 'established' start where you get the vanilla stuff and refit them based on your advice (the heavy metal dlc also pooped an assassin onto me, which I sold after it got 50% blown up in the mission and cost 300k to fix). in a weird stroke of luck I did one of those 'bait the trap' missions where they say there's a heavy mech walking around solo in an obvious trap. every previous time i've done those, even in vanilla, it's been either a strong vehicle or like a rigged up heavy mech that blows up the second you shoot it and doesn't move. this time it was an Orion, but a real orion.

while trying to target its legs my vindicator missed so badly with the PPC that it headshot the orion and killed the pilot instantly, and i was lucky a second time on the end screen where i was able to get all the pieces of the orion I needed even though I could only pick two of them, the third was random.

so now I'm like 2 missions in and have a heavy mech, the ON1-VA. the default loadout actually seems decent as a close range brawler type, 2 SRM4s, 2 medium lasers, 1 AC/10, 6 heat sinks. I did strip out 1 ton of SRM ammo in exchange for more armour plating, because I feel like if i've burned through 100 SRMs 8 at a time, the orion is probably gonna have taken a beating and i'd rather keep its limbs and side torsos intact than be able to SRM the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Amechwarrior posted:

Thanks for asking. Toss me in the Hatchetman and train me to hit things! The 90s Axeman toy was the first thing that got me in to Battletech.

man, you saying the 90s axeman toy triggered a vivid flashback in me. I think I had one of those battletech toys as a kid, or at least saw them at toys'r'us. i remember some kind of building type (like some kind of knockoff lego) toy that had official mechwarrior tie-in stuff that I definitely had one of as a kid. I was really into Mechwarrior 2 as a little kid.