Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
My preload erased itself and the entire game is redownloading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Today in Deaths by Decker we learned that if you miss a DFA it can still blow your leg off, after which every enemy on the map will target your CT.

RIP Decker 11258

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
Does anyone else's shadow hawk have a weird floating bit that pops out from underground when it runs? Maybe a kneecap or something.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Poptarting is actually a thing, as I found out when I could only hit a bunch of buildings on a plateau when my mechs jumped.

Mid jump, everything in your jump path counts for the shot. Presumably you can also be shot, even if you began and ended in cover.

Are you sure it wasn't just a tall building?

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
So I don't really get the LRM love. SRMs do twice as much damage per ton, spread it less, and work at the ranges fights actually happen in. If you're indirect firing you're using two turns to do half damage to a guarding enemy at lower accuracy. That's not even getting into LRMs needing more ammo or dedicated LRM boats not being in the fight sharing their armor.

What am I missing?

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
So cowards that hate punching robots, got it, thanks.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Jack2142 posted:

I have a perfectly rational LRM hate from MW:O

Same. But also they're garbage.

PoptartsNinja posted:

That's easy enough to answer

The real answer is: stability damage is really good and SRMs do less of it.

SRMs do better stability damage per ton though.

Anyway here's a headshot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9MOMie3g6QM&t=11s

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
I'm getting a patch, anyone have the notes? It's almost 800 MB

Also I hate when developers gently caress with to-hit percentages. Just show what they are, it's fun to watch babies cry about it.

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.

Viva Miriya posted:

Tryna figure out what to do with a highlander 733p and a battlemaster. I kinda got the perfect lance. SLDF highlander, orion for brawling, blackknight for closein brawling+knockdown with a PPC, and a lrm jager.

I just dont know how to fit them up that makes it worth shelving any of my heavies. Put em in storage for now.

Make a hot lance and a cold lance so you're ready for every biome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hats Wouldnt Fly
Feb 9, 2010

Redfont is my hero.
So I haven't played this since launch, just picked up the expansions. Is the pilot skill situation still all bulwark all the time or did they fix stuff up?