Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

OP good

excited to shoot a stompy robert

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Yeah, plus I'm gonna be really fuckin bad at launch so it'll be cool to pretend I'm good for a bit before I get clowned on by real people :sun:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

The beta won't have advanced video options

There's a significant difference there.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

its me im the calm one

3 days :fap:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qkf0fLU2Ao

one more day nerds

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Omar_Comin posted:

The more our XCOM obsessed friend posts about "Harebrained totally ripped off XCOM", the more I'm reminded of this:

Because as you all know, Penny Arcade totally ripped off Ctrl-Alt-Del.

I don't understand this loss edit

re: jump jetting behind people: I mean, the amount that I end up just *walking* behind people and blasting the bejeezus out of their rear armour is a little ridiculous. It feels like once you get in melee range in MP it's just gonna become reverse-leapfrog, where each mech takes turns walking behind the other one and alphaing

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I dont understand why Assaults have so much worse sensor range. Or spotting range - arent most of them taller and more stable platforms?

all the extra electronics involved with Big Honkin' Guns and Thick Goddamn Armour interferes with the delicate sensor telemetry

lights have Less Of All That and so are better equipped to have sensitive sensor equipment

so basically,

Gwaihir posted:

"Balance" or "Giving Lights a reason to exist" typically.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Phrosphor posted:

Goon AllStars Mod?

now mod in a sound effect so that every time you lurm the "woosh" is replaced with "fox two fox two fox two fox two"

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Holy fuckin' poo poo the Medium Support lance is mean as hell. Went Medium Battle vs it and got my rear end stomped.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

ZenVulgarity posted:

What's so different about this game mechanically over xcom or shadowrun

actually I think upon close inspection you'll find that this game is actually xcom and there is no difference

im excited for my psi commando

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Alchenar posted:

It seems to me that 'unsteady' should be less of a 'warning - you can be knocked over!' state and more of a debuff in itself that reduces accuracy and has the additional risk of terrible critical falling over.

I mean, technically it makes you unable to sprint as well, so there's that I guess

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

How many goony references did you manage to jam in?

why do you think that's enough and why aren't there more?

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Alchenar posted:

"Have you encountered the mercenary gang hanging out in the bar at the edge of town? I tell you, those goons are up to something awful!"

Nalin posted:

If you walk up to them they just squawk at you a bunch.

isildur if this doesn't make it into the game I swear to god I will write a strongly worded email of complaint

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Nalin posted:

We need a Commando with flame throwers. Callsign: The Wizard.

mod lurms so that one time in a thousand the launch sound includes the VA saying "fox two fox two fox two fox two"

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

im hype to shot a robit

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

stream good

i would like to battletech now please

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

isildur posted:

You don't want to know how much time has already been spent on that specific phrase and its historical roots. Seriously. 😨

That's where you're wrong, kiddo :ocelot:

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Hello goons, I am Dumb/Stupid/Bad and cannot figure out this whole Building a Not Garbage Mech thing. I've been going almost exclusively with stock loadouts, which has been helping, and sometimes I read an idea in the thread e.g. make the shithawk a puncher/srmer, make the cent a srmer and do that and it works out okay but I am absolute rear end at looking at a mech and saying "hmm yes this mech needs exactly one extra ton of armour in the butt, a laser in the knee and an AC/2 in the head to be Optimal"

please teach me what to look for so that when I get a mech with way more hardpoints and less tonnage than I know what to do with, I know when it wants autocannons/lasers/max armour/et cetera

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Awesome advice, thanks folks. I've been burning out a bit on this game because of the aforementioned badness, plus a tendency to gently caress up my angles and get my robits exposed to literally every LRM20 on the map plus some PPCs for spice. I've also been leaving stock armour values and using armour autobalance, which sounds like it is maybe not the greatest idea. I'll give things another shake tonight and see what I can make happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

To be fair, he did say he was having trouble building good mechs, and keeping them stock is technically a solution to that problem.

you're not wrong

let me tell you about my 1xPPC, 1xML, 1xLRM10(15?) cent that's below max armour by somewhere between 1.5-2 tons :sun: