Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
The sound of an Atlas alpha striking. My god. Yeah, this is pretty drat good. I'd like to see the ability to free-move the camera during shooting sometimes, because the constant zooming in whilst neat is a bit over-focused for my liking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So I've edited the mechwarrior file to create my own pilot but I can't seem to find a way of getting them to actually populate in the selectable list. Anyone got a suggestion?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Can someone with the goon pilots/manifest files put 'em on a dropbox or something please?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Someone remind me, did they say that in the actual game, that pilots will be all random gen from a series of backgrounds etc, or is every single one hand made?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Great. What about the Argo - was that the actual dropship as well? I'm sure it was mentioned but I can't find the info for the life of me.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Speculative question : any word on an 'eject' button? I dunno about other folks but I can see situations when I'd want to do so, particularly if a pilot was getting hammered.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Quick clarifications :

Can you edit NPC mechwarriors? I see they've got a backstory, if you change details does that carry over?

Are those NPC mechwarriors random on game start or the same each time?

Are missions actually random or again, pre-set?

e: Another question. I think I remember reading but I could be wrong - was it confirmed that one or two (?) original mechcommander voice actors were on board to voice in this?

Jesus, Tuesday can't come quick enough.

Iymarra fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 21, 2018

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Dekker just took two pilot hits in the very first (non tutorial) mission.

Jesus christ.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Aside from headcaps and sweeping the legs, how do I want to be downing mechs to obtain the most salvage?

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lead out in cuffs posted:

Poptarting is actually a thing, as I found out when I could only hit a bunch of buildings on a plateau when my mechs jumped.

Mid jump, everything in your jump path counts for the shot. Presumably you can also be shot, even if you began and ended in cover.

How do you actually do / trigger this? I dont see any options barring dfa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

There was this dumb RTS-game for the SNES (and other systems, but I forgot which ones), where you controlled a bunch of soldiers running around shooting everything. Like in real life, the little buggers died to every little bullet blasting their brains out. Or sometimes just rolled around in agony after a gut shot.

Anyway, between missions there was this recruiting line where you could get replacements from and most of that screen was made up by a huge cemetery. Every time you lost a soldier, you got a tiny grave to commemorate them. Soldiers who got promotions got more impressive graves, of course.

I feel like a little private cemetery wouldn't be too out of place for our merc company. It would be awesome if we could put in little quips for their grave stones, like "Here lies Dekker, smashed flat by a Dragon's fist"

...Cannon Fodder?

Also yeah, a wall of the departed would be neat.

I just restarted yet again. Wondering if taking the 'meet the benefactor' but not doing pirate moon mission will at least spawn a few more 1 skull missions.