Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

No gifs showing off melee, 0/10 OP, rated 1 star :colbert:

When I'm not phone posting I can provide, assuming no-one beats me to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Phrosphor posted:

At any point in the battletech fluff did they ever explain what happened when Kell dueled with Yorinaga? Did he somehow have a null system installed in his Archer? How did Yorinaga repeatedly miss at point blank range while Kell was standing still? The whole thing never made sense to me.

Targeting computer mishap?

"It essentially says that every weapon we produce is an over-priced piece of junk. Now, that's not news, critics have said it for years. What was news to me touched on our supposedly "spectacular" Warhammer 70 ton front line Battlemech. It says there that when the Warhammer proved incapable of hitting moving 'Mechs, we test-fired it at walking speed targets. When it failed to hit anything that was mobile, we test-fired it at an immobilized Archer at close range, and it missed that. Now is this possible, General Yorinaga?"
"There was a problem with the tarcomp."
"According to this, the 'Mech locked on to the friendly IFF of a Panther, and destroyed the Panther! Were we test-firing at our own soldiers that day?"

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Zaodai posted:

Yeah, but these guys have actually made games that don't suck in the past.

This. HBS has the original FASA heads including the guy who made MechCommander, and have delivered the solid as gently caress Shadowrun games

:pgi: 's pedigree is the lacklustre Nakatomi Plaza shooter and the multiplayer component of DNF, which apparently was somehow the least inspired and most boring part of that game

Battletech is gonna be alright

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

< is also relevant

They've said many many times they want him back. And I think so does everyone else :3:

And going off the discussions over the past 4 years in PTN's thread- 'Mechs are mostly hollow, because it was either that excuse or they do what happened in Honorverse and retcon every single ship ever to stop them having 'the density of cigar smoke'.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

CHICKEN SHOES posted:

My name is kai allard-liao and all i can think of is this games breasts in a sports bra on a running trail

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FayoajyRaKA&t=12s

And I guess all of this-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XvjcCHjvok

I take it there's still no word on Ledoux getting some VA work?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

AnElegantPeacock posted:

Go to sleep after my nightshift, wake up and punch baby 'Mechs. Sounds like a magical Thursday.

Friday is RDO and Monday is a public holiday here. :v:

4 day weekend of stomping robots, the finest kind of long weekend

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

kingcom posted:

loling at western australia day.

I forgot it existed, because it was called Foundation Day until a few years ago. We also had to move the Queens Birthday holiday to make it fit.

Westralians are a special kind of stupid

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Psion posted:

I'm skimming the manual and it very much is worth reading.

like this, in keybinds:

valuable!

Also important-

"Not a Backer yet?

You’re not too late! Until two weeks before the close of Beta, you can head
here to become a Late Backer at the MechWarrior level and gain Beta access.
https://battletech.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders "

So if people are still on the fence, give it a few hours and you'll start getting some goon first impressions.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

God I dont have an hour to watch this, I hope people post like a...5-10 clip of gameplay or something. Every stream always starts with 5-10 minutes of talking and stops and starts all the time.

Duly noted, I plan on recording as soon as this stuff goes up.

Actually, gently caress it, gonna play some MW3 and record that to prep. Still want to LP that at some point.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Pro tip- avoid doing repeated DFA's into water

My Panther suddenly had both legs removed explosively, I assume from them being stripped of armour and normal BT water-structure rules apply

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Psion posted:

I believe the standard rules are that if you're down to structure in a limb it's automatically destroyed in water. If that's correct, Paingod probably broke into structure on both their own legs during the DFA, landed in the water, and they both blew up. That's Battletech!

I did record it, so...

Nope, I just wasn't paying attention- both legs were in structure damage when I did the last DFA. So Never Not DFA might actually be wrong. :ohdear:

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Phrosphor posted:

If you sprint then the mech gains the Evasive condition which gives every attack against it a flat 50% chance to miss, any mech can gain Evasive by sprinting though, not just lights.

There's also a 'defence' value, which gets a bonus based on how far you move-

"Moved (1-3)
This unit has a +2, +4, or +6 Defense based on the distance it
moved on its turn. (This modifier will be applied against enemy
to-hit rolls against this unit.)"

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

EDIT- ... Dammit, I thought this was a new video. gently caress it, have some Duncan Fisher

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ls_Kv6qFM0g

Tried doing BabbyBowl. All Commando all the time. They die so drat fast.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

BenRGamer posted:

Blue yellow red, then.

What about a MW2 style one, where it fills to show heatsink capacity, then fills sgain with another colour for overheat. Danger territory is when the second bar fills

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I'm looking forward to JohnnyLumps mod that makes the game longer, more customizable and arguably overly complicated- Succession War

And then watch Beagle abuse the gently caress out of FASCAM Arrow IV missiles.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

If you ever figure out how to edit 'Mech portraits as well, got just the thing

Atlas Shrug will never be irrelevant

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I still have the HD MekTek build, I should try it as well

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Anticheese posted:

Does anyone else think the mechanic looks an awful lot like Penn Gillette?

A bit, also shades of President Armstrong-

'The 'Mechs, Jack!'

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Ok, so, sanity check on this.

According to the claim, twice in 2013 PGI submitted a Reseen design to HG, both of which were rejected and were never used. I think it was the Warhammer and Marauder based on them being the 'Tomahawk' and 'OBP'.

Then there's nothing until last year, when they notice Catalyst using the Warhammer design, which is the thread that began this current clusterfuck near as I can tell.

So, did PGI continue to submit designs to HG that were ok'd, which HG has decided not to mention in this suit, or did they go full :pgi: and decide 'gently caress it, like they'll ever find out' and give up asking?

The former doesn't seem likely as it would have been easy to refute. Does this mean :pgi: done hosed up royally?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Zaodai posted:

MW4 had it disrupt your HUD for a few seconds when you got hit by a PPC.

MW3 did that plus caused a heat spike.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Phrosphor posted:

Some super angry grognards still on the forums. One guy is demanding they change the los range right now or else!

Can that be edited in the .ini files or however them goons messed with the Beta a month back?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

sebmojo posted:

don't you mean MechXCom: Enemy Unsteady

MeXCOMmander- Enemy Measures

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Preechr posted:

Will we be able to romance our 'mechs?

And if not, will there be Workshop support so we can mod that in. I need to ensure my SPARKS Battlemechs can Bond become Drift romantically compatible like my other Squaddies Rangers Warriors

Ardlen posted:

Can we customize our cooling vests?

And can they be locked behind microtransactions so I can lord it over the Great Unwashed?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

So I can't buy a $500 Gold plated Direwolf?

Game is poo poo, gently caress you Weissman, I'm going back to MWO where my money is appreciated

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Myrmidongs posted:

It isn't happening. They weren't in Xcom 2 and we all know this is just a remake of that.

Wait.... I've never played Xcom 2... there weren't crates... right?

Nope, but thats ok because it was modded in.

Look for Grimmys Loot Box in the workshop. Hopefully the guy who updated it for WotC does so again for Battletech

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

isildur posted:

i guess, since I'm writing all the remaining procedural content, there's nothing that stops me from putting stupid memes everywhere, is there? well now

Don't forget to comment in 'The Fraction Jackson Rule' somewhere in the code, without any further explanation.

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Goa Tse-tung posted:

a mech's arms shouldn't flail around for momentum while moving imo

Flail, no. But the MC animations are still the gold standard AFAIC

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

vorebane posted:

Can I hire some competent goons to make a melee inclusive robot action game? Here is my kickstarter pitch:

I gave this robot brass knuckles, this ugly bastard a mace, and this guy? He brought his quad bladed battleaxe for free.

... do it. It needs a modern update

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I mean, AFAIK, the Light Horse did go full fursona so

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

DatonKallandor posted:

Not even Living Legends includes Melee and they went deeper into the mechanics than any other Mechwarrior game.

The sole exception I've heard of (never tried) is a physics quirk in MW3, where more speed = lots of collision damage

Take a Bushwacker
Run towards an enemy at max speed
Torso twist right
When you get close, twist left
If you make contact with the enemy with your arm, it gets blown off. And the enemy takes enough damage to instantly core it

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I said come in! posted:

Battletech at launch will be just the main menu with an exit button, with the way these cuts to content are being reported. :P

Actually it shows the cutscene of you getting the Argo and some 'Mechs, then a prompt asks if you want to sell it all and retire. The 'No' option is blacked out, but gives a 'DLC Coming Soon' text box if you hover the mouse over it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4CB3VgTF8Ds

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

See, you joke, but I could see a proper video game conversion of the BT TCG working really well...

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

I'd go for industrial metal, but thats mostly a desire to bring back the RA95 glory days.

Will try to force in a bunch of Klepackis music to override the soundtrack once this is out, anyway. I modded XCOM2 the same way as soon as someone added TibDawn and RA to the Workshop

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Sky Shadowing posted:

Really the reason I'm mostly hyped for MW5 is it's supposed to be VR.

Wait, when the gently caress did that happen?

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Going back to MW:VR since everyone posted while I slept- remember the MWO specific HOTAS controllers? The ones that looked like the successor to the Steel Battalion controller, but designed explicitly for MWO?

Because :pgi: sure as hell wants you to forget. Until and unless they get a working physical product out, don't believe anything they say. HBS has a pedigree with Shadowrun, while PGI has a Die Hard game no one played and the MP component of DNF as their background.

Their best decision? Getting that guy who redesigned the 'Mechs. Bringing it back around to robot aesthetics cause they do look real good, concept art did anyway

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Rygar201 posted:

My only Crimson Skies experience was the Xbox game, what kind of game was the TT game?

More tables than IKEA, like BTClassic. Never played it TT, just the video games (CS and High Road, comparable to MW3 and MechAssault respectfully) but I do know there was a super detailed armour and penetration/ damage system. Pretty sure CS replicated it too

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Zore posted:

Lol at posting that in a thread about a game series so anime it just stole mech designs from half a dozen of them.

Excellent point

Burn Harmony Gold instead

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Alchenar posted:

I genuinely don't mind either way, what's best all depends on how much the backstory 'matters' in the actual gameplay.

In XCOM every recruit is functionally identical and their story emerges from the gameplay so full customisation makes sense. In JA or Battle Brothers the backgrounds are important because they have gameplay implications that will impact how that emergent gameplay story develops.

Don't even have to look that far

Or just a bit to the left and up :v:

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

peer posted:

where's rooster

Busy getting lost in the Chaos March

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paingod556
Nov 8, 2011

Not a problem, sir

Shame. Would have loved something like XCOM 2s soldier pool. At least it should be possible to brute force things like that one goon did on Day 2 of the Beta (whose name eludes me)