Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
In his image God made me ugly.

Phrosphor posted:

Who is good at Mech silhouettes? Can anyone identify the robit to the left of the Awesome here? Is that an Assassin??

I'm thinking Cyclops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
I'm almost at the end and I'm still not sure how to eject because I'm a bad.

I also made a punch bot and it's awesome.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
Oh poo poo, thank you!

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004

Dramicus posted:

This is the biggest/only complaint I have. There are only 2 possibilities for weights above 55 tons. If I see a 90ton mech, I know its a Highlander and due to rarity there's like a 95% chance that a 75ton mech is an orion or that a 70 ton is a grasshopper.

I have 90 hours in this game and I've seen 2 Cataphracts.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004

Eej posted:

If people manage to mod in a dynamic map and combine it with a mod that adds the entire Inner Sphere that would make this game the best Battletech game there is

Imagine this game getting turned into the new version of Mekwars.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004

Flipswitch posted:

How are people fitting their Stalkers? I have one with max Mlasers, and maxed Srm6s with JJs and another with twin LRM20, twin LRM10 and 4x Mlasers. I feel the first is better but LRMs are so handy I'm running them together.

Currently trying to build a 4x Awesome Lance because that mech owns.

I run my SRM Stalkers with only 4 Mlasers for better heat management, and I use the same LRM build that you use.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
I shot the legs off and got 2 KC parts and the pulse lasers.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

If you want a run-hot hatchetman try it with JJs and two PPCs and fill out the rest of the space with heat sinks.

it uh, yeah, runs hot. Fire a few salvoes on the way in then get to chopping.

I like this better, it can still make at least 2 jumps and fire before overheating and has room for more armor and a melee mod.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
I cannot seem to get mods to run anymore and I'm hoping someone smarter than me knows what this means and how to fix it.

BTModloaderlog posted:

BTModLoader -- 12/29/2018 4:25:25 AM
4:25:26 AM - ModTek.dll: Found and called entry point "Void Init()" in type "ModTek.ModTek"
4:25:26 AM - ModTek.dll: While loading a dll, an exception occured:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'Harmony.HarmonyPatch..ctor'.
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.MonoCustomAttrs:GetCustomAttributesInternal (System.Reflection.ICustomAttributeProvider,System.Type,bool)
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributesBase (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, System.Type attributeType, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.MonoCustomAttrs.GetCustomAttributes (ICustomAttributeProvider obj, Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.MonoType.GetCustomAttributes (Boolean inherit) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Harmony.HarmonyMethodExtensions.GetHarmonyMethods (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.<PatchAll>b__7_0 (System.Type type) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Harmony.CollectionExtensions.Do[Type] (IEnumerable`1 sequence, System.Action`1 action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at Harmony.HarmonyInstance.PatchAll (System.Reflection.Assembly assembly) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ModTek.ModTek.Init () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at (wrapper managed-to-native) System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke (object,object[],System.Exception&)
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.MonoMethod.Invoke (System.Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, System.Reflection.Binder binder, System.Object[] parameters, System.Globalization.CultureInfo culture) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at System.Reflection.MethodBase.Invoke (System.Object obj, System.Object[] parameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BattleTechModLoader.BTModLoader.LoadDLL (System.String path, System.String methodName, System.String typeName, System.Object[] prms, BindingFlags bFlags) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

Took 0.1670853 seconds to load mods

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
I used the ones linked to this https://github.com/Mpstark/ModTek/wiki/The-Drop-Dead-Simple-Guide-to-Installing-BTML-&-ModTek-&-ModTek-mods and no luck. I'm re-installing BT after purging all the files that were left in the folder to see if that helps.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004
Well at least I get the /with Modtek msg next to the version number, but none of the mods work and I'm getting the same msg in the loader.log.

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004

Omar_Comin posted:

Mpstark has gone missing. Those are far from being the latest versions, sorry friend.

Try these links instead:

ModTek
https://github.com/janxious/ModTek/releases

BTML
https://github.com/janxious/BattleTechModLoader/releases/tag/v0.6.4

Thanks, got it working now.

On an unrelated note, has anyone noticed how weird the default AI is at picking targets? I'm running a career mode, 5 parts per mech so I've still been running my LL sniper/spotter spider and I can have that thing at 5 evasion pips, at long range, plus have 2 of my brawlers in their faces and the AI still shoots at the spider.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sadistic
Dec 1, 2004

Artificer posted:

Also I'm surprised that the Comguard failed to torch the NAIS. Arent they cybernetically enhanced murderzombies?

Not at this point in the lore no, the Manei Domini don't come along till the 3060's.