Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Never mind this. I'll ask isildur first.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Jun 3, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Sooooo I did a thing:

.jsons are fun!

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Zaodai posted:

Purple Atlas Stalker! Is that color some kind of error, or intentionally that you could select the color?

I think it's related to the "impostor material" listing? Though I'd have chosen nuclear purple regardless.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

isildur posted:

(turn on the firestarter and you can see how loving op it is)
vvvvvvvv

:wtc: Four flamers and two machine guns, all of which you can use as part of a melee attack? This is a terrifying metal baby.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Cyrano4747 posted:

With evade maybe just throw in the towel and put a giant loving red "E" over the top of evading mechs, I dunno.

I just know that more than once I've lit up an enemy with my "95%" weapons only to see half of them miss and go "oh gently caress, he was evading?!?"

To me, evading just kinda feels like a mismatch with how turns play out. When you think about the game as an abstraction of simultaneous conflict, it's conceptually sound ... but since the game's representation is so concrete, it's not as easy to make that connection as it is with TT. It's intuitive for something like receiving overwatch fire in XCOM where you see the misses happen as they move and you can attribute them to "hey, this guy's moving evasively."

When a mech is standing still and evading, though, it just looks like the other pilot fell over one too many times and can't shoot for poo poo.

If there were some idle animation that would convey the act of being evasive, it'd be easier to make that connection immediately. But that's a pain in the rear end. Maybe it could get reflavored? Something about minimizing your mech's profile, or some form of light ECM going on.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

isildur posted:

Salvage is also Not Easy: I've been trying to get this Wolverine WVR-6K built for days, but every place I look has only one part, and it's for a -6R. Because some rear end in a top hat (me) decided that a Kurita variant should be really uncommon in the rimward Periphery. So I'm stuck just taking missions and hoping I spot another one on the field so I can salvage it for the final bit I need.

This went from X-COM with giant robots to Gundam Breaker with giant ro--er, walking tanks. :psyduck: Get out of my head.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Taintrunner posted:

There’s a Gundam brand Mechassault-style game coming out later this year, too.

...wait, what? What's it called?

Edit: vvvv

Holy poo poo that VO is intense.

Game looks good, too. :v: Thanks

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Mar 1, 2018

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
Tired of seeing the same old tips on those leisurely load screens? Do I have the fix for you!

Less Useful Tips is a dumb, dumb mod that edits a bunch of the gameplay tips you see during loading screens (for Skyrim fans, it's kinda like our loveable goon-made Uncle Sheogorath). Calling it a mod is a bit of a stretch considering it's literally just a single .txt, but hey, I figure if I'm taking the time to shove some dad jokes into Battletech I might as well share my pain with others.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

This is really, really useful and the derived ratios are a godsend. Time to fine-tune this poo poo. :getin:

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
I feel like the Locura is a bigger game-changer than the map or the Argo. Sure, having a map of castles nets you an absurd amount of free SLDF poo poo, but when you're a giant telecom monopoly with an established MO of utterly shutting down insubordinates, you'd be pretty interested in being able to just turn off their communications AND their jumpships.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jun 5, 2018

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat
To be fair, XCOM/2 pods are quite different.

XCOM pods get a free move to position themselves if you activate them during your turn. That means they get into advantageous positions immediately, and since turns aren't interleaved you can easily screw yourself by triggering a pod by accident while moving your dudes up. And we're talking about a game where most basic enemies can kill a guy in 1-2 shots. Triggering one isn't just "hey, we know where the enemy is" -- it's "did the game decide to gently caress me?"

It's also far more game-y in XCOM -- in Battletech, other pods will rush you once you first make contact (they're calling in your position). In XCOM? As far as I know, the other pods just enter a hostile state and keep doing what they're doing, so the game doesn't actually change that much. You're still playing hide-the-pod no matter how many fights you have.

So basically, XCOM pods stick out more because they're very discrete encounters. I think that's more what he's on about.

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

PoptartsNinja posted:

Quickscell (or sometimes even Quikscell).

The typo in their name tells you precisely what sort of quality you can expect from their product.

I'm thinking you should try to alternate spellings as often as possible.

Quickscell: Building the today of tomorrow, yesterday

Quickscell: Never obsolete

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

Phrosphor posted:

These suggestions are great, what I am looking for is a snappy one liner that you would use in an advert
Something believable in universe but still hints at what a bunch of cowboys they are.
How about :

Quickscell. Just Move. It's a poop joke

Quickscell: A world apart

quikscell -- > the sum of its parts (Dropping "the" does fun stuff, as does dropping the space after the dash to kill any lingering subtlety.)

Quickscell: Never the Less

PoptartsNinja posted:

"Building the yesterday of tomorrow, today" amuses me more since you could also say it "building the today of today, today"

True, but that's a tad overt. :v: As dumb as they can be, branding and slogans get agonized over.

Kraven Moorhed fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Jun 21, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kraven Moorhed
Jan 5, 2006

So wrong, yet so right.

Soiled Meat

GotLag posted:

"Darius, please remind our mechwarriors that engineering is off-limits. I just caught one of them skinny-dipping in the primary coolant tank."

The new coolant-flushing ability makes a lot more sense now.