Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

WatermelonGun posted:

Blood Dragon was so loving lame.

Blood Dragon was eighties for people who were born after the eighties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
I had to Google this because the image in the OP looked like a SA photoshop for realz.

Holy poo poo, pre-ordering this now. It has to be better than Far Cry 4 which was just a reskinned 3 with gyrocopters.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I hope that between screams of "Mein leiben!" and "Aktung!" they also scream "Bengazi!" and "But her e-mails!" when you viciously gun them down

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
The American West is a fantastic landscape largely untouched as games' settings go and I hope that this game at least dips down into the Tetons and Yellowstone, depending on how big a world they're gonna make.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I wonder if there will be native Americans to shoot?

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

Flubby posted:

I hope this throws the Tarzan poo poo on its head. Instead of the white guy that falls out of the sky into a foreign land and somehow succeeds where all the natives failed, I want someone from like, Uganda or something, to slaughter all these white guys and become a hero in Montana. It's only fair.

yep

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Will you be playing as a glorious ANTIFA warrior?

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

scrubs season six posted:

I wonder if there will be native Americans to shoot?

If you mean white people born in America, then yes.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Maybe it'll be that thing where every white dude claims to be 1/32 Cherokee or whatever, in an effort to be cool and excuse their inability to dance or be charming

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Zil posted:

If you mean white people born in America, then yes.

No, the other kind. There hasn't been a good Native American video game since Custers Revenge/Westward Ho on Atari.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

For as basic and bland as her video series about games was, Anita sure knows how to piss off gamers, and for that I consider her extremely Good.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

No, the other kind. There hasn't been a good Native American video game since Custers Revenge/Westward Ho on Atari.

quote:

In the game, the player controls the character of Custer, depicted as a man wearing nothing but a cavalry hat, boots and a bandana, sporting a visible erection. Custer has to overcome arrow attacks to reach the other side of the screen. His goal is to rape a naked Native American woman tied to a pole.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

For as basic and bland as her video series about games was, Anita sure knows how to piss off gamers, and for that I consider her extremely Good.

"Did you know that video games rely on a trope of PRINCESSES needing to be RESCUED.... by a MAN????"

*Internet erupts in scandal*

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Prey was pretty good.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

the plot is going to revolve around some militants taking over an ICBM silo

Pocket Billiards
Aug 29, 2007
I hope the village management stuff from Primal returns. Maybe some kind of underground bunker populated with the Papists and Hammites you rescue along the way.

The owl was pretty cool too, maybe that can be a drone instead.

I don't want anymore shaman or drug hallucination missions though.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I would get this game expect I refuse to use their lovely launcher or get a uplay account.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
True to real life, this game better feature fifty different varieties of camo and cowboy hats for your character to wear

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012
far cry is bad, and being jazzed because you get to kill x type of person in a videogame is weird

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

far cry is bad, and being jazzed because you get to kill x type of person in a videogame is weird

FOUND THE NAZI

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ElGroucho posted:

Maybe it'll be that thing where every white dude claims to be 1/32 Cherokee or whatever, in an effort to be cool and excuse their inability to dance or be charming

the past few Far Cry games have had you supernaturally empowered by "tribal spirit" or "your native heritage" which allows you to slaughter your way thru armies like nothing so I 100% believe my post from earlier will come true

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

What video games are out there for people that want to shoot SJWs and virtue signallers and transgenders?

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Jerry Cotton posted:

Blood Dragon was eighties for people who were born after the eighties.

well there aren't many games where you can shoot lasers and bombs at cyborg PMCs and cyborg dinosaurs as a super soldier

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

What video games are out there for people that want to shoot SJWs and virtue signallers and transgenders?

Overwatch

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

a bone to pick posted:

well there aren't many games where you can shoot lasers and bombs at cyborg PMCs and cyborg dinosaurs as a super soldier

There used to be although they were all poo poo because playability hadn't been invented yet.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Postal 2

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

OverweightWatch

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Hell yes pickup trucks and jazzy scooters sign me up, gonna make me a coon skin cap

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?
yes this game was clearly made as a response to Trump being elected and the setting wasn't at all set in stone 2-3 years ago because it takes a long loving time to make a game like this

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A game with the premise of hunting Trump supporters in stunning national parks sounds really compelling to me.

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc
Will it still have those monkey aliens? Those were the best

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

numberoneposter posted:

how are they going to explain away the mass murder of americans at the hands of the so called protagonist without the national guard or FBI showing up???

Its actually a radical sect of insane Albertans who want to secede from Canada and join the USA.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

numberoneposter posted:

how are they going to explain away the mass murder of americans at the hands of the so called protagonist without the national guard or FBI showing up???

America rule #1: It ain't murder if they had it comin.

Obviously you aren't from america or you'd already know that.

AlphaKeny1
Feb 17, 2006

Junk posted:

yes this game was clearly made as a response to Trump being elected and the setting wasn't at all set in stone 2-3 years ago because it takes a long loving time to make a game like this

yeah Christian militants have existed well before Trump and also how do you know that development time began 2-3 years ago when AAA titles can be churned out in 2 years tops nowadays (like far cry 4 was)

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

AlphaKeny1 posted:

yeah Christian militants have existed well before Trump and also how do you know that development time began 2-3 years ago when AAA titles can be churned out in 2 years tops nowadays (like far cry 4 was)

Yeah how you know that development starting 2 years ago when it take 2 years to make video game?

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That's why star citizen came out in 2014.

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf

Jack Trades posted:

OverweightWatch

Hey now, only one of those characters is overweight

maybe two if you count the ape

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
I never touched Primal, was there a crazy, charismatic, box art villain in that too? It seems like Ubisoft has a type

Dean of Swing
Feb 22, 2012

Perfect Potato posted:

I never touched Primal, was there a crazy, charismatic, box art villain in that too? It seems like Ubisoft has a type

There was a giant mammoth yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

Squashing Machine posted:

$10 says they're going to have a mission akin to 3's where you burn the weed operation, but this time you're rigging a meth lab to explode

Dude, what would be the point of such an easy quest. Those things are like 50% rigged to explode from the get-go

• Locked thread