Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I can't wait for the subtle biting social commentary from the fine folks over at Ubisoft

maybe you'll get to team up with the protagonist of watch_dogs 2 and teach those bundy hicks a lesson, then laugh at the latest memes such as [sexy Wendy's logo] and/or [fat man rolling down a hill] together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
It'll be interesting to see how they make the game less interesting than an actual trip to Montana

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you'll need to watch out for the rare and dangerous Montana Hippo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
The crying Indian chief from those commercials will be your mentor. He'll teach you to tap into the 1/64th Cherokee blood you have in you to hunt and scalp rednecks

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

ElGroucho posted:

Maybe it'll be that thing where every white dude claims to be 1/32 Cherokee or whatever, in an effort to be cool and excuse their inability to dance or be charming

the past few Far Cry games have had you supernaturally empowered by "tribal spirit" or "your native heritage" which allows you to slaughter your way thru armies like nothing so I 100% believe my post from earlier will come true

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Robo Reagan posted:

i hope the story apes off of bioshock infinite so nerds go insane with rage

it would piss off both sides of the spectrum so much

the right cuz you're slaughtering nationalist pricks left and right

and the left because Infinite's message was "the slaves were just as bad as the slavers!"

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

it kinda wasnt dude

you start off in a crazy nationalist dystopia where minorities and other undesirables are segregated and put into slavery

then you travel to an alternate universe where the slaves have weapons to fight back and they're slaughtering women and children left and right while covering their faces in war paint and hollering like indian warriors

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

they are doing pretty normal violent revolution stuff dude the game shows both sides doing bad things but it leaves the moral judgments up to you

yeah the left doesn't like that stuff.

at least the side of the left that complains about video games on the internet

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
pre-order now for the exclusive Doobie DLC

ol' Doobie's tracked down the bad froggers to their survivalist compound, and it's time for revenge... PILED HIGH

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
too bad the game sucked poo poo and was boring as hell to play

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

it's totally real, right next to Panau, my favorite island getaway from just cause 2

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
grizzled bar owner
preacher with a gun
crazy but goodhearted mechanic

is there a single original idea in this game. are they even going to do anything different from the last far cry games?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
im the censoring of naughty words in a trailer about murdering hundreds of people and looting their corpses

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

EorayMel posted:

I know in my heart shadow of mordor 2 is going to loving suck huge rear end :smith:

I think it's going to kick rear end, and will pleasantly surprise you.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Uncle Wemus posted:

They should have modelled them after those bundy morons from last year. Give one a crooked face and have another hide under a tarp

that will be the one mechanic they add to the game to justify the $60 purchase. hide under a tarp to ambush enemies as they investigate this giant tarp in the middle of the road

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Fartbox posted:

I never played any of the other haloeses

What was the continued story like?

the titty AI girl turns evil but also wants to gently caress master chief

• Locked thread