Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's gonna be sad when Sansa and Arya's actresses have to try to reinvent their careers by making a Showgirls type movie that fails on every level. Most people on this show will not work in acting again. It's a good thing they won't have to and can live off con appearance fees for the rest of their lives.

Maisie is doing just fine 'cos she's actually grown up into being a good actress. Yeah, Sophie's probably typecast for life tho. A lifetime of cosplay and GoT conventions awaits her!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
She's also Jean Gray in the movies so that might be her ticket out

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
GRRM wrote his best stuff before GoT imo. Dying of the Light and Fevre Dream are both cool as gently caress. They'd both be great as tv mini series but most people don't even know they exist.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pistol_Pete posted:

GRRM wrote his best stuff before GoT imo. Dying of the Light and Fevre Dream are both cool as gently caress. They'd both be great as tv mini series but most people don't even know they exist.

So like ASoIaF before the TV show?

Fog Tripper
Mar 3, 2008

by Smythe
https://talesofmytery.blogspot.com/2013/10/george-r-r-martin-pear-shaped-man.html

Snatch Duster
Feb 20, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgkyaO4aHf0

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

Solice Kirsk posted:

So like ASoIaF before the TV show?

You want a good book but you need bad Sand Snakes.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

As well you should have.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy

fruit on the bottom posted:

Unless she steps up her game for the next movie - she won't be for long. She was terrible in that role and that's acknowledging how lovely XMApoc was in general.

Unlike Maisie and other newly turned actors/esses for GOT, she doesn't really show any progress.

chernobyl kinsman
Mar 18, 2007

a friend of the friendly atom

Soiled Meat

Pistol_Pete posted:

actually all of his books are stupid nerd poo poo for idiots

i loved the ASoIaF books in high school but when i tried to re-read them at an age where i could legally drink i couldn't get through the first. tolkien's prose alone is pseudo-tolkien trash.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
I mean, I know it's "rape" by our standards, but Ramsay was definitely her legal husband in the show.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Tinfoil Papercut posted:

I mean, I know it's "rape" by our standards, but Ramsay was definitely her legal husband in the show.

She never said no. The only resisting was not taking her clothes off. But she didn't say no when he did it for her.

Verdict: lovely actress.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

fruit on the bottom posted:

lmao she's almost as bad as January Jones

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nuts and Gum posted:

lmao she's almost as bad as January Jones

Which is weird, because January Jones was good in mad men.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
I just wanted to say that I didn't watch season 6 and I won't be watching this.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I just wanted to say that I didn't watch season 6 and I won't be watching this.

I fastforward past all the boring bits and only look at tiny guy and terminator woman dialogue.

One in the Bum
Apr 25, 2014

Hair Elf

mike12345 posted:

I fastforward past all the boring bits and only look at tiny guy and terminator woman dialogue.

Jokes on you, there are no boring bits!

GolfHole
Feb 26, 2004

the "hercules the legendary journies" of our time

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

how's that book coming along?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Dang It Bhabhi! posted:

how's that book coming along?

It won't be out until after season 7 at the earliest.

There is a very real possibility that it won't be out until the TV show is over.

And there is an even realer possibility that gurm is going to keel over and the TV show will be the canon story and the books will just be an outline of the first few seasons.

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.

FuhrerHat posted:

the "hercules the legendary journies" of our time

Bruce Campbell occasionally showed up in those.

Advantage / Hercules.

canpakes
Jul 26, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Game of Tone

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Frankenstyle posted:

Bruce Campbell occasionally showed up in those.

Advantage / Hercules.

"Gods are both real and complete dicks" is so much more fun than "priests are exactly the same charlatans as real life"

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Waltzing Along posted:

It won't be out until after season 7 at the earliest.

There is a very real possibility that it won't be out until the TV show is over.

And there is an even realer possibility that gurm is going to keel over and the TV show will be the canon story and the books will just be an outline of the first few seasons.

TV Show is already the canon story in the majority of people's minds. I wonder if GRRM is bitter about that.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
i hope everyone dies!!!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies!!!

Me too.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I mean I hope I die, too.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Chinatown posted:

i hope everyone dies!!!

Like... At LEAST two of them will live.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016

the trump tutelage posted:

TV Show is already the canon story in the majority of people's minds. I wonder if GRRM is bitter about that.

Well it sure didn't inspire him to write any faster :rolleyes:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Deaths this season:
Littlefinger
I think this will be it for Cersei. Her story needs to end and really has nothing to do with dragons vs ice zombies.
Mountain. Againish.
Bronn. Because why not?
Grey Worm. Same.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

the trump tutelage posted:

I wonder if GRRM is bitter about that.

I'm pretty sure he doesn't give a poo poo anymore and is happy to live off HBO money for the rest of his gross fat life.

quote:

Deaths this season:
Littlefinger
I think this will be it for Cersei. Her story needs to end and really has nothing to do with dragons vs ice zombies.
Mountain. Againish.
Bronn. Because why not?
Grey Worm. Same.

The only people who are safe are Jon, Kelly C and Tyrion because they're the big stars apparently? Maybe Aria too idk. Although at least one of those four will die by the end of the show because it'll be SHOCKING. Most likely Aria or Tyrion.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Tyrion has to live till very close to the end or no one will watch.

I hope Arya kills Sansa, too.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
this is the last season I thought

whoflungpoop
Sep 9, 2004

With you and the constellations
Game Of Thrones :toot: :w00t: :woop:

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
i think there's supposed to be one more after this

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

bloom posted:

i think there's supposed to be one more after this

Yeah. It was originally going to be 7 seasons but I think they hosed up season 5 so badly that they then realized oh poo poo we wasted an entire season on absolutely nothing, we don't have enough time to get this done in 2 seasons. So then they spend all of season 6 digging themselves out of the hole they got into in season 5 and now the show seems back on track (mostly).

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
There are 13 episodes left. Like 1 1/3 seasons. But they are spread over 2 years.

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Yeah. It was originally going to be 7 seasons but I think they hosed up season 5 so badly that they then realized oh poo poo we wasted an entire season on absolutely nothing, we don't have enough time to get this done in 2 seasons. So then they spend all of season 6 digging themselves out of the hole they got into in season 5 and now the show seems back on track (mostly).

Lots of things happened in season 5, like Tyrion killing....wait, no, that was 4...
Cersei took control of......wait, no, that was 6......
Danerys went to the Dothr....wait, no, that was 6 too....

hmm, are we sure there was a season 5?

Tinfoil Papercut
Jul 27, 2016

by Athanatos
Wait, I remember now about season 5:

bad pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

When i first heard that bad pussy line I hit pause and got up and took a long walk and didn't watch GoT for like a month