Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will earn the Iron Throne
Jon Snow / Stark (Targaryen)
Daenerys Stormborn Targaryen, Breaker of Chains, Mother of dragons, etc. etc. etc.
Cersei Lannister
Cersei's corpse after getting backstabbed by Jamie
Hodo...wait, nevermind.
Zombie Mountain
Arya / Hound spinoff series
Checkbox
View Results

• Locked thread
Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011
I'm glad the Sandsnakes are dead, I'm glad Yara isn't because Yara owns and her perpetual airing out of her bisexuality in front of her castrated brother never got old. Someone needs to .gif her "I just can't help it" shrug when Sand is getting up on her. My only question now is who Euron is going to end up jobbing out to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

Things are going to get gnarly when Euron drags that Martell lady to Cersei. I don't think she's going to have the Mountain do nice things to her seeing how he crushed the skull of her brother and all.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

I'm glad the Sandsnakes are dead, I'm glad Yara isn't because Yara owns and her perpetual airing out of her bisexuality in front of her castrated brother never got old. Someone needs to .gif her "I just can't help it" shrug when Sand is getting up on her. My only question now is who Euron is going to end up jobbing out to.

Euron just demonstrated that he's too hard to get got by anything less than a dragon

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
the fight choreography remains utter poo poo. euron looked more like a spastic retard with that stupid axe than some kind of badass berzerker

also tynee sand is still alive and shes credited in the next ep, so heres hoping we get a parting shot of them tittays before she gets dusted

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Euron just demonstrated that he's too hard to get got by anything less than a dragon

I would fully approve of this.

Also, I forgot to :lol: at their solution to the dragon problem: a ballista! It can put an arrow into a stationary dragon skull from all the way across the room! Good thing dragons don't move around much. I'm sure it work anyway for drama purposes.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Dead Reckoning posted:

Also, I forgot to :lol: at their solution to the dragon problem: a ballista! It can put an arrow into a stationary dragon skull from all the way across the room! Good thing dragons don't move around much. I'm sure it work anyway for drama purposes.

Did you not see that Hobbit movie, where a dude pops Smaug with a giant loving lance-arrow while his son is somehow part of the launching device?

Like, get with the loving program, DUH

/edit:

vvv welp, missed the obvious dwarf joke

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Jul 26, 2017

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Well everyone knows that the only thing that can pierce a dragon's hide is a black arrow. But only dwarves make those, and we know how Cersei feels about them.

Edit: ^^ gently caress!

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
o yea. dany doesnt want to use the dragons cuz lots of people will be burned to death. instead she wants to siege kings landing so they die slowly of starvation instead :wtc:

how bout using the dragons to torch the palace and roast cersei et all, while sparing the townsfolk :downs:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Dead Reckoning posted:

They're def gonna build a couple hundred of those for the walls, that was just a proof of concept.

Ceiling fan
Dec 26, 2003

I really like ceilings.
Dead Man’s Band
Sure, why not? Euron built a bigger, faster, more stealthy fleet with half the population that built the last one in, what, 3 or 4 months? They're going to have one of those ballistas with a 3 axis geared platform on every rooftop by the end of the week.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I'd be disappointed if they didn't have analog firing computers as well

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

o yea. dany doesnt want to use the dragons cuz lots of people will be burned to death. instead she wants to siege kings landing so they die slowly of starvation instead :wtc:

how bout using the dragons to torch the palace and roast cersei et all, while sparing the townsfolk :downs:

That kind of blew my mind. No I don't want to risk burning them so instead I'll have them all suffer starvation because it's never the common folk who suffer the worst under a siege.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

And since her master plan just cost her her entire navy, I think it was meant to show dany is seriously out of her depth.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Two Finger posted:

And since her master plan just cost her her entire navy, I think it was meant to show dany is seriously out of her depth.

Let's be fair. Nobody knew Euron had radar.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

ded posted:

That kind of blew my mind. No I don't want to risk burning them so instead I'll have them all suffer starvation because it's never the common folk who suffer the worst under a siege.

I think the idea is more that a direct assault will harden the convictions of the other kingdoms, but If they do it right they can align everyone against cersei and the royal court.

They're taking a hearts and minds approach and will assuredly fail

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hey is it just me or does this show kinda suck now?

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Slim Pickens posted:

Man even the thread is doing callbacks to Season 5.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
It really irks me that Arya is apparently pronounced "Ar-ya" and not "Ar-rya" it sounds so fuckin stupid when they say it

AkrisD
Sep 2, 2004
olololol '04 newb hurrrrrrr
Once again we learn that Jon Snow knows nothing. Sansa is now on the fast track to ruin everything. Also, now that Arya is cool and powerful, she is getting sidelined chasing after her family. Again. She will probably show up in the North and Sansa will tell her to gently caress off and go away. Again.

They better ramp up the titty quotient if they're only doing a half season.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

A chick I know who loves the sand snakes just messaged me 'ooooooo missandei and grey worm.' I'm enjoying waiting for her response to the finale

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Two Finger posted:

A chick I know who loves the sand snakes just messaged me 'ooooooo missandei and grey worm.' I'm enjoying waiting for her response to the finale

Well?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Slim Pickens posted:

I was fine with this season till Euron shows up with his ghost fleet and manages to decimate Yara's fleet out of left loving field. I could ignore his massive fleet being built up out of nowhere but that was a bit much for me.

Like, if they reveal that a spy tipped him off to where the fleet was going, fair enough. But the random "HEY GUYS, ME AND MY FLEET THAT CAN SEE IN THE DARK AND FOG ARE HERE. ALSO I HAVE DRAGONFIRE ROUNDS THAT TOTALLY gently caress YOUR FLEET UP BUT LEAVE MINE IMPERVIOUS. ALSO, TOTALLY KNOW YOU HAVE THAT DORNISH CHICK WITH YOU, THAT'S MY GIFT TO CERSEI!"

His boarding intro though was totally baller though.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Slim Pickens posted:

Yeah...I thought with the season being fewer episodes that each one would be better. Not to say they are horrible, but they aren't any different than previous season's.

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

It definitely feels like we made a switch from events being driven by the world's logic to events being driven by character logic and that sucks. Euron magicked a fleet because Euron is cool and Dany decided not to win because we got to milk it longer.

If Dany really cared about civilian casualties she would have dropped the Dothraki off in the ocean.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
That's pretty much it. Up until the last two seasons no one was sacred, they could actually die at any point. Now it follows the hollywood formula and there's no huge power vacuum or anxiety when minor characters you haven't seen for three seasons get offed.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
not a single rear end in a top hat thought it would be a good idea to have a shield or helmet on while fighting a boarding action. literally the first two pieces of protective gear that even the lowliest peasant would aquire, but the king of the iron isles cant be bothered cuz he has plot armor and the show runners think that poorly of their audiences comprehension

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Yeah, also didn't Euron get stabbed a bunch? Like I coulda sworn one of the sand snakes stabbed him in the armpit and then another sliced his achilles heel or some poo poo.

Cause I mean, that dude was wearing some thick plot armor.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Handsome Ralph posted:

Yeah, also didn't Euron get stabbed a bunch? Like I coulda sworn one of the sand snakes stabbed him in the armpit and then another sliced his achilles heel or some poo poo.

Cause I mean, that dude was wearing some thick plot armor.

Euron is only in the show at this point because the writers realized they made Dany too powerful. It's dumb as hell and the only reason I don't hate Euron more is because he's fabulous.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

He's kinda growing on me, to be honest.

The actor too, I think i's the same guy that plays the giant buff dude in Ghost in the Shell. I was surprised to find out it's the same guy, because he looks perfectly average sized in GoT, but I guess that's what happens when you see normal-sized people next to Johansson :shrug:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

"gently caress!!! People got slayed
All the sand girls
And the queen of the iron islands
Fark"

Thanks GoT

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

Pesticide20 posted:

Euron is only in the show at this point because the writers realized they made Dany too powerful. It's dumb as hell and the only reason I don't hate Euron more is because he's fabulous.
"All the antagonists are dead, except Jamie, who is relatable now, the Night King, who we are saving for the finale, and Cersi, who can't sword fight. gently caress... Welcome to the show, Euron"

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

not a single rear end in a top hat thought it would be a good idea to have a shield or helmet on while fighting a boarding action. literally the first two pieces of protective gear that even the lowliest peasant would aquire, but the king of the iron isles cant be bothered cuz he has plot armor and the show runners think that poorly of their audiences comprehension

Furthermore it is well understood that dragonscales represent a first layer of protection that would likely deflect most ballista heads prior to them dispensing enough kinetic force to split the skull. Additionally, smough from LOTR said:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah can't say I mine the Euron actor too much. The character is definitely growing on me as well if I look past the ridiculousness of him coming from no where

I'd say the show is definitely running its course. They just built up too many moving parts it's too much to follow. The gently caress is Bran doing?

and this dude

Have more dumb memes

Maginot line 🤔

I figured the horn of winter in the show was just paying homage to the books

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Supposedly Eastwatch is there to make sure dudes don't get by on the ice or something? I'd like to know how you keep hundreds of miles of ice broken up, though.

But they just sailed that same sea to get the gently caress out of hardhome not too long ago in show time, so it's not actually frozen yet.

Victor Vermis
Dec 21, 2004

WOKE UP IN THE DESERT AGAIN

Not allowed to wear helmets in this show because your average viewer isn't going to know who anyone is once the fighting starts. Even the big ol' distinctive doggy helmet has been gone forever.

But also, IN THE BOOKS, a similar boarding scene happens on a river and Euron's brother Victarion dunks on some knight and watches him sink like a rock in his suit of armor. Not what you were suggesting but I'm sure someone somewhere is arguing this is why Euron dresses like a tool.

Slim Pickens posted:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Maginot line 🤔

I figured the horn of winter in the show was just paying homage to the books

What's the deal with that pic? Did they change something I missed, or is it just the water being iced over?

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

The water is icing over so the AotD doesn't have to actually get over the wall. They can just walk around it.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Furthermore it is well understood that dragonscales represent a first layer of protection that would likely deflect most ballista heads prior to them dispensing enough kinetic force to split the skull. Additionally, smough from LOTR said:

eat my dick you fuckman

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Still playing catch up. Just watched Hardhome. loving Sam actually says to Ollie (as Ollie is obviously thinking about killing Jon Snow), "I wouldn't worry about Jon. He always comes back." :lol:

Also, like 3 episodes after Podrick's whorehouse escapades, there's a background moment where he walks past two young ladies of the court who immediately start whispering to each other and staring at him. :lol:

I loving love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Godholio posted:

Still playing catch up. Just watched Hardhome. loving Sam actually says to Ollie (as Ollie is obviously thinking about killing Jon Snow), "I wouldn't worry about Jon. He always comes back." :lol:

Also, like 3 episodes after Podrick's whorehouse escapades, there's a background moment where he walks past two young ladies of the court who immediately start whispering to each other and staring at him. :lol:

I loving love this show.

I rewatched the entire show before this season aired and noticed a lot of foreshadowing moments like that.

• Locked thread