Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

"Okay, first off, where do all of you people keep coming from?!" Fluffy wonders, seeing as two different people now interrupted her 'date' with Master Vampire. "And secondly..."

She grabs her own tail, and pulls it it in front of her body as best she can, and looks at it in confusion. "Sure...? I kind of expected a deeply personal and or philosophical question at this point..."

But then her mouth twists in a grin. "But do you really want to?" she inches forward, getting ever closer to Jinx. "Come on, you said you wanted to touch it! There's no way anything bad will happen if you touch it!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

"Ah, so I see. Well, it is very nice to make your acquaintance, Jinx. I am always glad to find another ally in our common struggle. We Yokai cannot afford to be divided, after all, especially in the face of the mayor's plots."

Hiken's eyes widen as Jinx asks her question.

"You suspect an infiltrator? Hm, perhaps Sacco...? It would be child's play for her to claim to be a tsukogami. It isn't as if we could test that without harming her manifesto... That possibility bears further thought for certain. Thank you for bringing the possibility to my attention, I must admit my naivety had eliminated the very concept from consideration."

"In any case... I do not know what I would do. I suppose it must depend on the circumstances. Were one of our comrades to reveal themselves as a human, but have proven themselves alongside me in battle...? I cannot deny that the deception would sting, but I would not turn on a comrade in arms over such. I am, after all, somewhat human myself. If only in a previous life. If this outfit demands perfect purity of being, I fear that I would be one of the next to feel their wrath."

"I know some of our band may disagree, but we cannot afford to ignore any allies. We are outmatched in numbers, resources, and influence. If they are human, then so be it."

"I'm somewhat unfamiliar with Nekomata. To be honest, you're the first I've met. What mystical talents do your kind have? Are you capable of using that shamisen of yours to enchant senses or control minds?"

Tricky fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 7, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Tricky posted:

Weaver

"Your plots twist throughout the city, Weaver. I've seen glimpses of a greater plan, a larger picture, but I must admit I fail to see what you hope to accomplish with all your threads. What grand step are you close to achieving? How will it see you closer to your final objective? I certainly respect your information network, yet questions remain. Your kind are well known for their beguiling appearances. You are clearly no exception. How have you been using this to your advantage? Is there anyone who cannot be swayed by your wiles? Finally, I must ask this: You have betrayed our fellows for meager gain. You say you've learned from that and I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. With that experience, however, comes a deeper question. Is there anyone who you dare to trust?"

Hmm hmm, I am not so certain I would go as far as to call it a ‘grand step,’ but I have been idling away at a small matter of sorts, yes. If we are to succeed and prosper, then the threat of S.H.R.I.N.E. must be dealt with, do you not agree? Not just for our little entourage, but the yōkai of Tomiku City as a whole. As such, I have been investigating means by which they might be hindered, if not stopped altogether. To that end, I have been seeking intel on members of the mayor’s secret force. Whom we can defeat, whom we must avoid… and whom we might even turn to our side, if given the proper motivation. It is still but a work in progress, but progress is being made nonetheless.

As for my beguiling appearance, as you put it… I am most flattered, yet compared to the elders of my kind, I am but a bud yearning to bloom. Even so, my beauty has attracted many a fly indeed, kukukuka… Acquiring information is, as you may expect, one of the more common utilizations of this appearance of mine. A pretty face, with hints of naivety and ignorance, works wonders in getting most individuals to lower their guards, regardless of attraction. Though there is that factor as well, of course. Gaining access to secure or protected locations with charm is another use, albeit one that varies in success depending on locale. The VIP section of a prominent club or other entertainment establishment? A simple matter, one not even worth mentioning. But passage into a highly guarded laboratory? A much… trickier problem. Possible, but tricky.

Those who cannot be swayed by my wiles? The blind and the properly dead. Kukukuka… just a jest, if a technically accurate one. For one, I would imagine Mistress Yao, though I have not had any interest in trying. Failure would have quite severe consequences, and she is a current ally that I cannot afford to lose. And, well, I am rather too familiar with her to be comfortable with such an action. Besides Mistress Yao, I personally have not met any man or woman entirely immune to my charms, but there are methods to weaken the ‘effect’, in a sense. Actual attraction, as mentioned before, is a factor. And as childish as it sounds, if there is… love for another, then it becomes more difficult to capture their heart and mind. While I have yet to find any person who falls under said category, I suppose they must exist.

Trust is a very variable thing, White Wolf. Pardon my rather blunt example, but while I would trust a hammer to bang down a nail, I would have my doubts about using it to suture a wound. So long as it is the right tool for the right job, my trust is all too abundant. Now if I am disappointed by the performance of the tool, that becomes another matter entirely. But we are all a capable band, are we not? I do not imagine that shall be an issue. Else… I have given all of you the benefit of the doubt in turn, have I not? That you are worth my loyalty. That you are, for the moment, worth my trust. If such trust is not repaid in kind, well then… I suppose we’ll have to see. Kukukuka...

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

I'll probably be making picks on Friday.

Prompts Round 2
Quetzalcoatl Jr.
So, You've got a bunch of cultists following you, what do you think about them?

Jinx
Life is pretty rough, huh? Have you ever been in a situation where you were almost caught? How did you get out of it?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

Ehhh? You want to make this into a butt thing? That's gross, isn't it? It's gross.

A comfortable world sounds pretty boring, though, huh? I mean, a the most comfortable person is a dead person. They don't have to worry about whether they're hated or loved, they just get to lie around all day, they don't get hungry. But nobody wants to be that comfortable. Everybody's afraid of being that comfortable. Being uncomfortable... that's part of being alive, isn't it? I still like a lot of the things in this world, like food and drink and movies. I'm glad there are a lot of suckers around to make those kind of things so I can take and take and take!

I don't want to be hated, I need to be hated. Everybody's hated by somebody... but the more famous you are or the more powerful you are, the more people hate you, right? If nobody hates you, it means you don't matter at all to anyone. If nobody hated me, I wouldn't be what I am now. So, my paradise... is for everybody to hate me but nobody being able to do anything about it, I think. The more they hate me, the stronger it makes me, and that gives me new ways to be hated, and on and on and on and on and on... people think that's bad, but that's just because they're afraid, isn't it? People are afraid of dying... and afraid of mattering. People are weak, basically, yeah? So... I think not having that weakness in a world of people like that, that's my paradise.

N-no the other Judas throne, nevermind

I'm sure we both know enough Yūrei to know that death is not always a gentle repose. You bear a strong grudge yourself. Stronger than some bound spirits I've met. You say the weak are afraid of dying. Are you strong enough to be a martyr for naught but spite and malice? I do not fear death because I live with purpose. There is no higher calling. Will you even have a legacy after the raging pyre that you are is reduced to ash?
I respect your restlessness. Movers and shakers live for the struggle. And the right shall drink deeply the scorn from the confederacy of dunces which forms against them. Who's hate do you savor above all? Of all the things to break and bend in the world what is most deserving of being first in line? If you have no interest in building a new world, what of this world must you tear down?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

N-no the other Judas throne, nevermind

I'm sure we both know enough Yūrei to know that death is not always a gentle repose. You bear a strong grudge yourself. Stronger than some bound spirits I've met. You say the weak are afraid of dying. Are you strong enough to be a martyr for naught but spite and malice? I do not fear death because I live with purpose. There is no higher calling. Will you even have a legacy after the raging pyre that you are is reduced to ash?
I respect your restlessness. Movers and shakers live for the struggle. And the right shall drink deeply the scorn from the confederacy of dunces which forms against them. Who's hate do you savor above all? Of all the things to break and bend in the world what is most deserving of being first in line? If you have no interest in building a new world, what of this world must you tear down?

"Martyr? Ehhh, this is more about me, you know. What comes after I die? Should I really care about that? I'll be dead. Maybe I'll haunt somebody, but will it really be 'me'? Hmm. Worrying about a legacy is more something for old people to do, right? I don't plan on ever dying, but I'll make anybody responsible sorry before I do, because I don't die easy. Of course, I don't live easy, either...

Mm. It's easier to think about the hate I want than the hate I have. It's like asking what you ate a week ago... can I really remember? I mean, I've been saving Satomi for a long while... it's going to be so easy to light that one up. It's easier to think of what hate I appreciate the most. I guess my parents' was the best, because it really made me who I am today. So my parents, I think? It's not really that important, is it? I'd rather have so many people that hate me that I just forget the faces and it's more like a big red haze.

You're pretty nosy, huh? S.H.R.I.N.E. needs to learn to hate, they need to learn to lose, yeah? They kind of need more despair in their lives. I mean, yokai have been around for millennia, so... it's better if they learn how much of a blink they are in the world's view early on. I don't want to destroy people too often, though. It's kind of like a garden of pretty angry flowers. It's okay to keep S.H.R.I.N.E. around as long as there isn't a point to their lives, right? As long as they're suffering, it's okay.

But a Yokai trying to make a better world, huh? That seems like a recipe for suffering, doesn't it? How can you change humanity to make this happen? What aspect of humanity has to be erased to make this possible? I mean, don't think have to become closer to becoming like yokai... or yokai more like them? Isn't that how it is?"

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,
Jr.

quote:

Quetzalcoatl Jr.
So, You've got a bunch of cultists following you, what do you think about them?

They basically raised me for the first year of my life, when I was too little to wear a jacket. They're good people. Good worshipers. But gods are they boring. Most of them are totally mundane people who took the idea that 2012 was the 'apocalypse' year, and now their just in a cult because it's what they do.

So a little more than a dozen people who show up at warehouse every other sunday to hear Satoshi give a 'sermon' while I 'preside in my 'throne'. Which is really just an office chair. I made them get something with good ergonomics because it's not breaking my back just to look regal to people that already love me, ya'know? Anyways, the people show up, there's a talk, and then everyone has a bite to eat together. Sometimes, if there's a big baseball game that night or some other event, a lot of people don't show and we end having to throw the extra food away. Really, now that you're asking me, there are only three people who've never missed a sermon.

Renko; she works as an assistant manger at a local grocery store. She's the one who organizes the meals and brings the food. She made sure I got proper nutrition as a kid, and she reminds of that after every sermon... Nice, but annoying, ya'know?

Theodore; a foreigner who came to Tomiku City chasing a sweetheart he knew from letters they shared. She either didn't exist, or was real but very unlike what she described in the letters... I don't know, he gets pretty tight-lipped about it. Was a solider before he came here, and asked me if I wanted to know how to build a bomb. Which, uh, thanks dude, but gods generally don't need bombs.

Oda; he once told me he's been hoping for an apocalypse ever since 'Y2K', whatever that is. Kind of a loner, uses computers a lot. Most of the visitors we get are people he sent dozens of spam messages too on facebook. One of them even stayed as a convert, which I think really surprised him. If I ever learned what the internet was I bet we could do some cool stuff together, but I'm a busy god.

Oh, and of course, there's

Satoshi, my priest. You don't need to be around him for long to realize he's just a completely useless guy. Oh, he can talk quite the talk, but when he actually tries to accomplish something he'll flinch, every-time. I guess he taught me how to be the opposite of him; when I decide to do something, I commit. No flinching, no turning back. That's the way to live.

...Well, that's not quite true. There's one project that he's been working on for uh, five years now, I think? Right after I hatched he started to build a pyramid inside the warehouse. He goes to a nearby stream, digs out clay, forms them into bricks and bakes them in the sun, and then lays them on top eachother all by hand. Sometimes he'll stop for months at a time before suddenly picking it back up again. It's a pretty loving big pyramid; after all this time he's like... 2/3rds of the way done? Oh, he's unemployed, Renko brings him food. He'd have starved long ago without her.

So yeah, that's my cult. There are a couple other people, of course, but those four are the ones who really show up every time. They'd probably do a big favor for me if I asked. They'd probably die for me if I asked in the Godly way, but, uh, I don't really ever plan on doing that. It would feel a bit... vile? Not my style, basically.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Alien Rope Burn posted:

But a Yokai trying to make a better world, huh? That seems like a recipe for suffering, doesn't it? How can you change humanity to make this happen? What aspect of humanity has to be erased to make this possible? I mean, don't think have to become closer to becoming like yokai... or yokai more like them? Isn't that how it is?"

Well yes the revolution will be no picnic. But that solves the problem in it's own way. Those who are too stubborn to throw in their lot with their fellows will find a fate befitting their ethos. Really it isn't people that are changing. Not to say that people can't change. They get caught in feedback loops and it becomes too difficult to change. Most people lack the force of will to claw themselves out of the pits life and this heinous society throws us in. It is a tragedy when someone is so intent on their self destruction.

I do not propose to change the nature of man. Merely his understanding of it. Everyone looks out for number one. This extends to family and tribe for most people. To make your identity a part of something greater to both tend and borrow strength. What must be done is for everyone is understand that we are all one tribe. What will be erased is the out dated social construct of class and the elite. You believe in there being the strong and the weak, yes? But people are too narrow minded in applying such thoughts. They only think of the physically powerful or the intelligent verses the ignorant. Muscles and minds can be trained. It is an arbitrary judgement. Even taking into account the differing potentials of people then what strength is the one worthy of prestige? The mingling of prestige and administration is abhorrent. It creates the cycle of abuse and corruption that culminations in leaders seeking not to lead but the spotlight and the perks. The most insidious of perks being to shape the law to protect their own spoiled ways and suck the people holding them up dry.

What will change, what will be no more, is the magistrate that does not heed the mob. What I will establish is the reckoning for those that serve themselves in their seats as public servants. What shall be is that the "strong" will fear the "weak." For the numbers of the people is a greater strength than any one man. And no cohort of stooges or useful idiots can hold the line of the ivory tower forever. Those too drunk on power and excess will only learn this when the doors and burst through.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

You guys made it really hard to choose, but I've made my picks.

Rides-At-Midnight the Bully played by Theantero
White Wolf the Crook played by Tricky
Weaver the Maniac played by TheFireMagi
Fluffy the Terrible the Rogue played by Yami Fenrir
Qian Yimu the Invader played by Tricky Dick Nixon
Jinx the Hood played by Tardzilla

Everybody's app was really good, and I had a tough time making the final decision. For those that got picked please decide your first caper, influences, and bonds.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

First Caper:

quote:

We didn’t get the goods in the end. What was the job, and who (or what) screwed it up before you got your mitts on the haul?

Our first target was a SHRINE outpost in one of Tomiku's... rougher districts. It should have been a simple matter. Using the cover of ongoing conflicts between the Noguchi and the Yame-Amano, we would infiltrate and secure access to their secure mainframe. One of Weaver's projects, a programmer of some note, had prepared us a program that he claimed would establish a covert connection that we could access from then on. Master Vampire would infect a SHRINE member and, using his talents, send them in to deliver the program. Fluffy and Rides-At-Midnight were to stir up additional Yakuza trouble around town to cover our tracks. That left myself and Jinx to infiltrate the facility and secure any targets of opportunity.

As for what went wrong? Everything. Every single part of the plan went to poo poo. The program didn't work, the infected member was detected and captured, the trouble never materialized, and we were almost caught by the outpost's tighter-than-anticipated security. In hindsight, it's amazing. I've never seen such a strange series of coincidences and sheer misfortune. I'm not the superstitious type, but even money says we caught the wrong god's attention.

...Maybe I should go make some offerings.

My Relationships:

quote:

Weaver holds some kind of debt over your head you’re itching to pay off.

While I successfully escaped the dissolution of CROW, it has not been easy to remain off the government's radar. It has required timely information, a keen strategic mind, and a network of contacts. It has required Weaver's assistance. I don't like owing people. Tengu are proud and I am no exception. I'm swallowing my pride for now, for the sake of my squad, but I'll make it up to her. Whatever she needs that I can do.

quote:

Both you and Rides-At-Midnight share a side-venture together you haven’t shared with the others.

Rides is interesting. I had thought I'd need to trick him into helping me track down the minds behind CROW. It turns out that his opinion on the matter is that CROW represented the worst of humanity and should be ground to ashes under his burning wheels. Not an exact quote, but you know how he gets. It was almost disappointing, really. I'd spent ages collecting evidence that the few leads I had were awful drivers. So many hours wasted. Who would have guessed that I'd just need to ask?

Relationships I Want:

Jinx posted:

White Wolf knew you first as the Other, but hasn’t made the connection.

Coatl posted:

You’d be loathe to admit it, but you admire the Yokai known as White Wolf and have strange feelings you do not understand for them.

Influence:

quote:

You're slippery, but you’ve a tendency to get wrapped up in other’s schemes. Give Influence to three of your peers.

Weaver, Rides-At-Midnight, Jinx? Still in flux.

Tricky fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Jun 14, 2017

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

First Caper:

quote:

Something did not go according to plan and threw everything into chaos, What was it?

What did go according to plan should be what you ask, I am afraid. Neither Fluffy nor Rides-At-Midnight attended to their assigned duties, the S.H.R.I.N.E member that Master Vampire turned was captured, and yes, the programmer that I sought out was… less than useful. Harmful to our scheme, even. An absolute blunder on all ends, though the oboroguruma in particular has disappointed me. There is no shortage of muscle in Tomiku City, yōkai or otherwise. Why he believes himself above reprimanding then, I cannot even begin to fathom. His strength in no way makes amends for his utter disregard for the plan, and his role in this failure shall not be forgotten.

As for my role, I admit that I was not as cautious as I should have been when recruiting the programmer for this infiltration. I investigated into his background, of course. If I had not done so at all, then I would be ashamed to even show my face. But I was... careless on other matters as well. No, I should say that I was caught off guard entirely. For you see, I had sent some of my smaller kin to scout the outpost before Jinx and White Wolf arrived. So why then, was I not aware that security was tighter than expected? Why did I not warn the duo they were headed straight into trouble? Because my spider kin refused to answer to my call once they arrived. Do you understand now?

There is another Jorōgumo working alongside S.H.R.I.N.E. And my control was completely overruled by them. Truly, there can be no greater disgrace. Hence why I have not disclosed said information to my yōkai in arms.

Relationships

quote:

You feel that Quetzacoatl Jr. is your only true equal among your peers.

quote:

You once got Fluffy into big trouble with one of your schemes.

Influence

quote:

You rely on others to get what you need, because ultimately you can’t hack it on your own. Give three others Influence over you.
White Wolf, Rides-At-Midnight, Quetzacoatl Jr.

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Jun 15, 2017

Tardzilla
Aug 31, 2006

First Caper:

quote:

We kidnapped someone really important, who knows our name and helped spread the word, inadvertently or not. Who was it? Why were they important?

His name is Flint Westwood and I'm... not... really... sure if he's important? He was one of the security guards at the SHRINE outpost and... look, I panicked okay!? He pulled a gun at me!

...Okay, he didn't actually have a gun. He was eating sushi when I ran into him, and I... might have panicked and bopped him over the head with my shamisen. I felt really bad for doing that, and everything was going crazy, and I didn't want to leave him there, so I um... I um... sorta... took him... with us.

Westwood-san was, um, surprisingly okay with being kidnapped. He insists he's someone really important, but he won't tell us how, and he told us letting go of someone as "important" as him would be a mistake. If he really was that important, wouldn't he be asking us to let him go?

Honestly, Westwood-san just seems... lonely, and none of us have the heart to kick him out, so now we're stuck with this weird cowboy man who won't stop talking about his "western spirit."

At least he can grill some good steak.

Relationships

quote:

White Wolf knew you first as the Other, but hasn’t made the connection.

quote:

You know that Fluffy has been snooping around trying to uncover your secret identity.

Influence

quote:

You find yourself taking after others almost instinctively, considering the void where your identity is. Give Influence to three of your peers.

Fluffy, White Wolf, Rides-At-Midnight

Tardzilla fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Jun 12, 2017

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

First Caper:

quote:

Someone got some very dangerous information that they could use on us. Who holds this information, and what kind of information is it?

That'd be the programmer that Weaver brought in. He seemed kinda fishy, but Weaver always acts like they're on top of things, so I didn't pay too much attention.

So, of COURSE, the guy was a mole! And instead of sabotaging their systems, he collected data on US. Combat data, personalities... you name it! Obviously, I went to beat him up as soon as I found out, but that meant I left the whole yakuza part of the plan unattended.

I kinda thought Rides had it covered! Oops.

Relationships

quote:

You want to earn the genuine trust of White Wolf.

White Wolf has had it pretty rough, if her story is true. I don't really see any point in messing with her - she's not really a bad person, just a bit angry. Justifiable angry.

Unfortunately, it seems that she doesn't understand my way of thinking just yet. Oh well, I'm sure it'll happen soon enough.

quote:

You and Jinx used to be an item. It didn’t end well.

Jinx seems like a really nice fellow! I've been crashing in their apartment for a while, after the party. It's super fun! They have so much ice cream, and mochi, and a TV, and...

Influence

quote:

You leave broken hearts and broken glass wherever you go, but you care more than you’d ever let on. Give three of your peers Influence on you.

Jinx, White Wolf, Weaver.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 10, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

First Caper

quote:

We upstaged a respected hero. Who or what was it?

I recall this so-called plan. Where I was to be used as the Jorōgumo's distraction. And whilst I was not immediately opposed,I did voice complaint. I made it clear I was going along only due to having no other particular plans for that fateful night. Which might change. Thus, to expect any sort of loyalty towards a task so demeaning towards a spirit such as I was an act of foolishness on her part. Perhaps she whines. Perhaps she gripes. I care not for either, for her opinion does not touch me.

Thus, it comes as no surprise that when I spotted worthier prey, I moved to intercept them instead.

Who, you ask?

Kabuki, the mute trickster, illusionist and fan of idle theatrics.

There was a chase between us, along the city streets. I sought, she evaded, thinking she was leading me on. And though her demeanor filled me with anger, I am not a fool to be so led, for I knew the whereabouts of the fox girl whose asinine moniker I shall not mention for the mere utterance fills me with disgust on how low the noble can fall.

Yet her juvenile tricks have their place.

For in that moment, when Kabuki realized that she had been led into a trap by what she thought was a base yōkai, there lingered on her eternally smug face, just for a moment, the look of surprise. The look of being bested, even if only due to being overconfident. But bested still, the rest are excuses.

She quickly escaped, and we could not do chase due to her skill.

But we saw on her face defeat, for a fleeting moment. And that is all that matters.

And that is why she will never forgive us: her pride will not allow it.

Relationships

quote:

Jinx is the boss. They’ve promised to help you get ahead if you follow orders.

Among this troupe, I find a certain lack of conviction infuriatingly rampant. I was asked, and prodded on the issue of riding me, as if it were some RIGHT for their impudent selves to do such a thing. And I answered as thus: "Should any of you step forward and SWEAR themselves on my just crusade of VENGEFUL FURY, they and they alone shall gain the right to ride my back!"

One stepped forward, with briskness I found surprising.

"That's what we yōkai do isn't it, nyah!" I recall her exclaiming.

Thus are we bound.

quote:

Quetzalcoatl Jr is the meat. They remind you in a specific way about your weaker self.

There is nothing quite as asinine as a godling. The least of all spirits, and the most deserving of ire and punishment. They wallow in the filth that is humanity, revel in their praise and worship, and don't even have the good sense to feel ashamed due to it. In fact it is the opposite, for in a perverse mockery of sense they often feel themselves superior for their degeneracy.

He will find that the adoration of the meek will not save him from my anger.

Influence

quote:

You're hard to figure out. Give the boss and the meat influence over you, but that's it.

Jinx and Quetzalcoatl Jr get influence on me.

Theantero fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Jun 14, 2017

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

TrickyDickNixon, are you still around?

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Sorry Tricky Dick Nixon, but since you have seemed to disappeared, I'm going to have to replace you. Its unfair to the the others, to have the wait for the chance you might show up. Scrree feel free to post now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrree
Jan 16, 2008

the history of all dead generations,

During our first caper… posted:

There used to be one more of us, but they betrayed us. How and why? And where are they now?

His name is Spyglass

A Hitotsume kozō. He had two main jobs; before missions he was to be our on the street information gathering. You know, talk the talk and learn what's going on in town. During the missions, though, he was to stay back at the base and 'curse our enemies with deep misfortune'. He told us he had the power to manipulate luck and fate, but he needed to be 'totally undisturbed' while he worked. That's what he told us. What I found out, though...

Okay, let me take it a step back, so my part in the mission was to brainwash a SHRINE member. Flash him my wings, tell him to serve me and only me, you know the deal. Anyways, I head out early because I wanted to grab a bite to eat before the mission, but when I step into the restaurant -- D'oh! I forgot my wallet! So I head back to the base to pick it up, and as I step through the door, I see Spyglass. He's dancing on the table, wearing a pair of...

bright...

red...

panties.

on his head.

It's dead silent. He slowly lifts the lip of the panties off his eye and tells me, I poo poo you not, "Tell anyone about this and I'll curse you with seven years bad luck."

I lost it. I swore in his god's name. I swore in my dad's name. I called him a lech, a freak, a pervert, a hentai, everything I could think of. I picked him up by the scruff of the neck, carried him outside, and chucked him as far as I could. Which is pretty drat far; I'll have you know.

Immediately after I throw him my watch starts beeping. It's the alarm I set for the mission, I was going to be way behind schedule! I felt a piece of cloth dangling from my hand, but I didn't think anything of it -- just put it in my back pocket and started sprinting down the road. I managed to make it to the guy we marked just in time, but, it's hard to work on an empty stomach! I might've gotten a bit careless, and asked the guy to pick me up some food before he returned to the outpost... I guess when a soldier shows up to his post late and tries to explain himself by saying "I was gathering sustenance for my new god." it kind of raises some red flags.

In the end the whole loving mission explodes on every front, we barely get out unscathed, and worst of all, when I get back to the base, I realize what's in my back pocket...

It's the red panties Spyglass was wearing.

Now, I'd like to return them, but there's a question I can't answer- who actually is the owner? There are multiple suspects, and I can't really go around asking. Oh. I didn't tell anyone else about this incident. Instead, I told them the reason why our influenced SHRINE agent got caught so fast was because Spyglass ratted us out. I mean, it's basically true, if it wasn't for his loving antics I wouldn't have been so late and so hungry! Actually, last I heard, he actually started working for SHRINE. Apparently, he's holding quite the grudge against me. Hah! I'm not scared of that little creep!

Anyways, I'm still carrying the panties with me. I just... don't know what to do with them. They're a teammate's property, so I don't want to throw them away, but giving them back to the wrong person would be really embarrassing. God's don't make mistakes.

Hmmm... Weaver, White Wolf, Jinx, Rides-at-Midnight, Fluffy... which one would wear something like this? It's a mystery that's haunting me to this day. God (by which I mean me) drat Spyglass!

quote:

You’ve been studying the Yokai (and especially their weaknesses) with the aid, witting or not, of Weaver.

Weaver is the Yokai I go to when when I need to ask a question about, uh, a lot of things. Like, what's that guys deal over there? He's got a red mouth and if you look into it any rice you grow for the next three years will wilt? Thanks for the info, lady!

I think that she respects my divine superiority enough to never try to pull one over on me. I'm a pretty insightful guy, so it's like, why would she take such a big risk trying to fool me? I'm not saying she couldn't, buuuuuuutt It'd be really, really hard, haha.

Oh, I don't crush spiders anymore. She didn't ask me too or anything. But I kind of figure it'd be like if someone just came through and started killing my cult members. Only less important because she's a Yokai and I'm a god.

quote:

You’d be loathe to admit it, but you admire the Yokai known as White Wolf and have strange feelings you do not understand for them.

I like White Wolf's wings. A lot.

I had this dream where I could see the sky and the ground at the same time. In the sky was a rainbow bird and a black bird. On the ground was a green snake and a white snake. Then, the sky fell into the ground, and the two pairs became one pair of winged-ground things. And then those things also became one... but like... in a really different way...

I told Renko about this dream. She just put her hand on mine, and said "Oh, those feelings are natural. It just means you're growing up!" Which, like, okay, it's cool that this is apparently natural, I guess, but just knowing that doesn't help me actually know what to loving do about them!

Do Tengu like it when you compliment their wings? I should ask Weaver, next time I get a chance.

Influence posted:

You’re a God. No one starts with Influence on you.

I do like the team, but if they want me to do them any real favors they need to petition me properly, like the God I am. It's just the natural way of things.

Scrree fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jun 15, 2017

• Locked thread