Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mags
May 30, 2008

I am a congenital optimist.
we all know Ben franklin wanted the turkey to be the national bird. here is a turkey.

this turkey is pretty big and kinda intimidating but I bet I could kick its rear end

this turkey is has beautiful plumage but no muscles to speak of. I could easily overpower it.

look at this scrawny turkey. I bet I could knock it out in one hit

post if you like turkeys or can kick turkey rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

the statesman was right. the bald eagle is a cowardly empty gesture of a bird, so what more appropos, n?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Try not to hate the Turks.

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Toms, like the three you posted, have large spurs on the back of their feet. Jakes and hens do not have spurs

Every rut people are hospitalized after tangling with a turkey. I bet a turkey would make you it's hen

mags
May 30, 2008

walgreenslatino posted:

Toms, like the three you posted, have large spurs on the back of their feet. Jakes and hens do not have spurs

Every rut people are hospitalized after tangling with a turkey. I bet a turkey would make you it's hen

I'm too nimble for a tom to spur me.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012
lets see op fight a turkey

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

Darkman Fanpage posted:

lets see op fight a turkey

MOD CHALLENGE

mags
May 30, 2008

I will go out into the world and find a wild turkey. it can't be that hard

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

the armenian genocide never happened

Sole.Sushi
Feb 19, 2008

Seaweed!? Get the fuck out!
Wild turkeys are little fuckers that cause traffic jams and dig up gardens, supposedly for food, but in reality to just be tremendous assholes.

I mean, I'm not much better but at least I can apologize for being horrible.

mags
May 30, 2008

I will walk outside and seek out a majestic wild turkey to fight.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

turkey's are one step away from being small dinosaurs

they can be very aggressive and will chase you until they forget that they were chasing you

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

Remember Turkeys can fly.

mags
May 30, 2008

turkeys can fly away after i kick their asses

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
My mom raises chickens and turkeys, the chicken groups dart from tree cover to tree cover but the turkeys just walk around in the open inviting hawks to eat them
Turkeys are dumb as poo poo.

Rushi
Jun 2, 2003

by Smythe

Jesustheastronaut!
Mar 9, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
it would be neat to have melted candle wax for a head but also taste good

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

a good bird

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

That skinny turkey would end you

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

The national bird should be a magpie

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Black birds are cool and smart

mags
May 30, 2008

I can definitely kick the scrawny gobbler's rear end

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
any bird that spends more time walking than flying is an rear end in a top hat :colbert:

comingafteryouall
Aug 2, 2011

the wild turkeys in the smokey mountain national park hang around the roads when it rains. I saw 10 of them driving for 20 min or so. I think they're eating earthworms.

they look really pathetic when they're wet

mags
May 30, 2008

comingafteryouall posted:

the wild turkeys in the smokey mountain national park hang around the roads when it rains. I saw 10 of them driving for 20 min or so. I think they're eating earthworms.

they look really pathetic when they're wet

mods?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
if attacked by a wild turkey, don't try to punch it, run right up to it and wring it's neck :getin:

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
If you're new to a national park: walk up to the meanest looking turkey and hit it as hard as you can. It will let the other turkeys know you mean business and aren't a figurative "turkey".

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Karl Barks posted:

the armenian genocide never happened

And on the other hand there's a turk genocide every thanksgiving.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Your mission, in this order: Drink Wild Turkey, Fight Wild Turkey, Eat Wild Turkey.

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I'm a mod

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
they lust for Vienna that's all I'm really sure of

mags
May 30, 2008

hello friend. congrats

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

mister magpie posted:

hello friend. congrats

Thank u. I'm sure u will get the nod one day too

mags
May 30, 2008

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Thank u. I'm sure u will get the nod one day too

i don't think i can accept that responsibility

mags
May 30, 2008

there is no place on the mod team for an old rabble-rousing turkey fighter like me

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
https://twitter.com/TheReal_JDavis/status/837301561500057605/video/1

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Was the ritual successful?

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

A bunch of turkeys live in/near my yard and the river that runs across from it.
Mostly it's hens that look like the last picture in the OP and they just come around looking for lunch around the bird feeder that other birds knock over to them.

They are lazy, capricious dicks that gently caress like rabbits and get so flustered by the shadow of their own heads on the ground in front of them that they scatter like a fat woman who's just seen the mouse in an old Tom and Jerry cartoon.

They are funny, ugly old things; of no use other than to direct "gently caress 'em" in their direction. Franklin had it right.

edit: oh and also, to live in an area with a ton of these things is to commute to work in the morning where if a deer won't jump out of the woods, one of these 25lb bowling balls full of gravel, fat, and blood will be more than happy to toss itself through the windshield of your sedan during your drive towards the interstate into the city.

Big Beef City has issued a correction as of 01:05 on May 31, 2017

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Turkeys did this to my cat too.

I have no idea why cats are so chill about this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Well, the cat in that video was roadkill, so it's not like it had much choice.

• Locked thread