Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

I'm not sure why. I wear clothes all the time when I'm in my living room. Yet for a while now I've found cigarette butts in my flowerbed underneath my living room window and sometimes faintly smell cigarettes. I did tonight around 1 a.m.

What should I do to fix this situation? Should I just install a motion sensor light on the front of my house or do something more drastic? Has anyone ever dealt with this before?

Is it one of you?!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
uh

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
The motion sensor light will probably make him skedaddle, or you could just put a little sign in the window that says 'gently caress off, creep.' Something small so that people out on the street aren't able to read it but when they're right up under your window they'll see it.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Call the police you goddamn weirdo.

Or just ask the internet I guess.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Get a cheap security camera, then give the footage to the police.

FisheyStix
Jul 2, 2008

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
better than a pooping tom op am i right??

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Maybe he has a fetish where he only gets off to fully clothed women. Try walking around naked all the time instead.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
im a peeing tom

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Maybe he has a fetish where he only gets off to fully clothed women. Try walking around naked all the time instead.

This is also very reasonable.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
maybe you should ask lowtax to turn off the paywall.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
soak the area in fox urine and hang plums above the windows

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Shoot him in the rear end

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
When you're in your living room at night, just occasionally turn your head in one, flat motion and stare at the window for 3-5 minutes while remaining as motionless as possible. Then use the same motion to turn your head and resume what you were doing.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH
sounds like you should put one of those plastic cigarette butt holder things I'm your flower garden

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Get some of those all black contacts and sit in you living room with a dim light on. When you think he's outside, turn your head slowly and, unblinking start shouting, "Come into the darkness, Come into the darkness, Come in to the darkness..."

It should work.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
poison a sandwich and leave it out for him

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

I'm not sure why. I wear clothes all the time when I'm in my living room. Yet for a while now I've found cigarette butts in my flowerbed underneath my living room window and sometimes faintly smell cigarettes. I did tonight around 1 a.m.

What should I do to fix this situation? Should I just install a motion sensor light on the front of my house or do something more drastic? Has anyone ever dealt with this before?

Is it one of you?!?

Do you live like near a street or something? Seems pretty ballsy of a voyeur to just casually smoke and throw his stuff out under your window, which I'm assuming is open

Set up a camera or something

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!
That's so gross.

Smoking and littering, just ugh.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Also, is it still possible to get static on your TV? Do the head turn thing while watching static.
That should also be the only thing in the room casting light.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.
Here's another question, OP: Can you crab walk?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Also obligatory

https://www.google.com/amp/www.theonion.com/amp/3386

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Maybe you should just gently caress him and get it over with.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014
I say you do nothing and see how long it takes for you to get murdered. Make a game of it.

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Das Boo posted:

Here's another question, OP: Can you crab walk?

I saw a dude doing this weird crab walk/pookeepsie tape creep where he would draw his legs up to his chest on each step. It was at like 12am at a park, just me and my friend otherwise. He was doing it around my car as we were coming back, was fuckin creepy as hell.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Get a shotgun and just aim it at that window all night.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Actually I was just admiring your wallpaper.

Das Boo
Jun 9, 2011

There was a GHOST here.
It's gone now.

Psycho Society posted:

I saw a dude doing this weird crab walk/pookeepsie tape creep where he would draw his legs up to his chest on each step. It was at like 12am at a park, just me and my friend otherwise. He was doing it around my car as we were coming back, was fuckin creepy as hell.

While that's indeed creepy as hell (drugs?), I'm more so impressed you got I was going for Poughkeepsie Tapes.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

"My privacy is literally being invaded, but oh well, I wear clothes lol! Better consult with my GBS friends"

Vladimir Poutine
Aug 13, 2012
:madmax:

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

God, just take the loving compliment.

Jesus.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Cthulu Carl posted:

God, just take the loving compliment.

Jesus.

sorry to tell you mate its 2017 and nearly any young woman can get her holes blasted out by a desirable man in a manner of minutes.

even being ugly and asking for coffee can get a social media witch hunt started on you.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
Put up billboards with your nude pics all over your yard, thus removing the need to peep.

a bone to pick
Sep 14, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
hire a private investigator to find out who he is and then start peeping on him

solar energy panel
Apr 30, 2007
It's probably a chainsmoking neighbour and hes using your flowerpot to put his butts in and this has nothing to do with you being peeped upon you narcissist.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

it's chad, let him in

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib
https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?field-keywords=infrared+camera+trap

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry
The only reasonable solution is a claymore mine

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Kitchner posted:

The only reasonable solution is a claymore mine

Works on cats too OP this is a win-win

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Picnic Princess posted:

Is it one of you?!?
are you seriously suggesting that one of us is
1. going outside
2. staying in one place outside long enough to smoke a cigarette rather than shyly looking at our phones and retreating back into the cellar as soon as possible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Call your local police department non emergency line and let them know what is happening.

They will note your request for service and your local beat officer will be briefed to keep an eye out.

This is literally what we pay taxes for to fund police, so use it.

As far as environmental design to prevent crime, the key thing is visibility from the street. If there's any bushes or whatever stuff that someone can hide behind, remove it. If it's dark, add light. You want the cop driving by to be able to see anyone who may be hiding.

Motion lights are good but consider that you want the light on when the cop is driving by, not when the prowler is sneaking up.. In most situations I think a less bright but always on light is more of a deterrent.

soy fucked around with this message at 13:16 on May 25, 2017

• Locked thread