Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Riddlemeright
Mar 28, 2003
The Riddler
Has anyone ever used a service like this? Yeah, I know, I am failing by not taking the exams myself, but I waited too drat long and frankly, the exam I need to take is meaningless in my new position, but it's hampering me in other way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

Windows VistaTM

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
They list Novell on the home page, but don't have it listed on the price page. :(

bitterandtwisted
Sep 4, 2006

But to answer your question OP, you should definitely pay someone $2,200 to sit your A+ exam.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
OP are you hawking poo poo from your job on SAMart for personal profit?

Riddlemeright
Mar 28, 2003
The Riddler
Nah - why?

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
Why do you have to be certified in _________ if it's meaningless to your position? How is a meaningless certificate holding you back from career fulfillment?

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal
My guess is WGU or employer-required. Either way they're great people to lie to.

Riddlemeright
Mar 28, 2003
The Riddler
Long story short is that it was on my "action plan" for a different position I held at the company. Previous action plans are reviewed in performance reviews. My new position in the company does not relate to server maintenance/administration whatsoever. I took a position working at a software level.

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender
I don't think you'll be given a lot of advice on how to cheat on a certificate exam here. I can't imagine someone would be willing to out themselves to their peers as someone who does that (then again, I'm wrong a lot).

We do have a Certification Thread that could help you cram for the exam. Study for a month, pass it, have a great performance review and be done with it (and be 2-6k better off than you would be).

Or talk with your Boss/HR and change their expectations now that you're in a different position that doesn't relate to w/e you're currently expected to learn. The plan was good for where you were, but now that the situation has changed it's time to review and modify it.

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best of luck.

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

Actuarial Fables posted:

Whatever you choose to do, I wish you the best of luck.

I'm with you up to here. If you cheat, gently caress you and I hope you get caught, your employer finds out, and they fire you for being a poo poo person.

Did your employer pay for your training?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Actuarial Fables
Jul 29, 2014

Taco Defender

Judge Schnoopy posted:

I'm with you up to here. If you cheat, gently caress you and I hope you get caught, your employer finds out, and they fire you for being a poo poo person.

That's fair.

• Locked thread