Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!

bizarre deformity posted:

Hell yeah that Suter/Weber pairing is pretty killer!

As long as we have Forsberg (Peter) and Volkoun, we'll be fine. I'll miss Upshall though. I think Radulov is the spark this particular franchise needs and I think he'll be around for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Siroc posted:

As long as we have Forsberg (Peter) and Volkoun, we'll be fine. I'll miss Upshall though. I think Radulov is the spark this particular franchise needs and I think he'll be around for a long time.

David Legwand has been a rock for the franchise. This might be finally his time where he gets the recognition he deserves.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

Friendship ended with James
now Phil is my best friend

It's ok. The Nashville Predators are going to win the Stanley Cup.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

Duckman2008 posted:

It's ok. The Nashville Predators are going to win the Stanley Cup.

No.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/ericfingerhut/status/869012916770668544

quote:

Some luck arrived along the way.

For example, there was hidden good fortune in a trade request from Martin Erat – a lifelong Predator with more than 700 games on his resume – during the lockout-shortened 2012-13 season. He delivered it directly to Poile while the team was on the road in Edmonton.

"He comes up to my room and says: ‘I need a change, I don’t think we’re going to win here,"’ said Poile. "As a manager, you never want to hear that from anybody. I tried to talk him out of that for basically two or three weeks before I even made a phone call, or what have you, and he said ‘No, I’ve got to get out.’

"So we weren’t going anywhere that year and he had a no-trade contract, and to make it worse he only gave me a few teams."

The list was "no more" than five. One of the teams on it was the Washington Capitals, who were trying to get over the hump and had a highly regarded prospect named Filip Forsberg in their system.

"I called those teams and I said: ‘Here’s what I would take,"’ said Poile. "And actually, in my own mind, I was prepared to wait until July 1 because then Erat would have one more year left on his contract and I thought that maybe might even get us more.

"So I just told the ‘X’ number of teams that this is what I wanted and Washington said ‘yes.’"

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
The Washington Capitals traded Filip Forsberg for two total goals scored.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

Taking a long shot here but I'm guessing he's tired of hearing that question and all its variants.

Apr 7, 2003

I’d make eye contact with him and fart. I did it all the time for like two years. I didn’t even know his full name, just heard that his coworkers thought he was a nut for complaining about “the guy who would fart on me in the break room”

AsInHowe posted:

The Washington Capitals traded Filip Forsberg for two total goals scored.

Also, Barry Trotz and Ovetchkin have 37 years of NHL experience between them and neither has been past the second round of the playoffs.

I love the way the Capitals shoot themselves in the foot over and over.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Suspicious posted:

Taking a long shot here but I'm guessing he's tired of hearing that question and all its variants.

If you were sick of these questions you shouldn't have traded your best skater away Bergevin!!!

fake e: PK too but he's about to win a cup so he just needs another to plug his ears with rings. I suppose he could plug his ear with his Norris.

Apr 7, 2003

Xtanstic posted:

fake e: PK too but he's about to win a cup

lol

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Infidel Castro posted:

No doubt the series will boil down to Nashville's defence vs. Pittsburgh's offence, and I'd take the better defence every time.

You must not watch the Penguins then, bc they don't play defense at all really, and win many games

Captain Internet
Apr 20, 2005

:love: HOTLANTA :love:
IS WHERE YOUR HEART IS

Xtanstic posted:

David Legwand has been a rock for the franchise. This might be finally his time where he gets the recognition he deserves.

Luckily Hornquist will parked right in front of the Penguin goal tender being a nuisance.

Apr 7, 2003

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

You must not watch the Penguins then, bc they don't play defense at all really, and win many games

It seems exceedingly likely that

uh

the Pittsburgh Penguins will win the Stanley Cup.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Citizen Tayne posted:

It seems exceedingly likely that

uh

the Pittsburgh Penguins will win the Stanley Cup.

I detect a lack of confidence in your prediction.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's amazing how many people who watch and follow hockey still believe in TYOOL 2017 that defense is only played by defensemen.

Anyway, have an amusing quote from the crack team of hockey experts at NBC Sports:

quote:

Now the guys from the place that calls itself “Smashville” have a chance to become the first franchise to win the Cup in its first try since Carolina did 11 years ago.

How DARE they forget the world famous "BBC" line of Rod Brind'Amour, Erik Cole and something called 'Bates Battaglia'!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Eric the Mauve posted:

It's amazing how many people who watch and follow hockey still believe in TYOOL 2017 that defense is only played by defensemen.

Earnestly discussing whether or not the Pens actually play defense wasn't the point of my post :tipshat:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Eric the Mauve posted:

defense is only played by defensemen.

That's the name of Phil Kessel's autobiography.

It's a pop-up book.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Aphrodite posted:

It's a pop-up book.

I'd read it

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It's a pop-up book.

We all know that Blake is the brother with the future as writer

quote:

Definition List Places I Would Like to Visit

Boca Grande, Florida
It is where my family vacations and I love to be down there.
Las Vegas
There is so much to do in that town.
The Palm, Dubai
I want to stay that the Atlantis it looks like a lot of fun.
Vancouver
It is a very interesting place with many different things to do.
Machu Picchu, Peru
Always wanted to see the history that is there.
The Pyramids, Egypt
It would be amazing to see them in real life.
Venice
I want to experience the culture and see the sites.
Sydney
Looks like so much fun and would be a great vacation spot.
Great Barrier Reef
How crazy would it be to see all of the creature that live there.
Paris
Want to see the sites.

Sadly his masteful intro to computer science website has been deleted, so it exists only as a ghostly wayback machine memory.

RIP Blake Kessel CS403 Section 4 webpage. Gone too soon. :911:

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.

ThinkTank posted:

We all know that Blake is the brother with the future as writer

Sadly his masteful intro to computer science website has been deleted, so it exists only as a ghostly wayback machine memory.

RIP Blake Kessel CS403 Section 4 webpage. Gone too soon. :911:

Unorderend List Favorite Movies

Pirates of the Caribean
1. Pirates of the Caribean 2
2. Pirates of the Caribean 1
3. Pirates of the Caribean 3

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

It's a pop-up book.

I'd prefer a scratch and sniff book filled with hotdogs and such.

Btw for Canadians it looks like the E:60 Subban piece is gonna air on TSN2 on Tuesday at 10PM.

Neitherman
Sep 25, 2006

He will die without safety brief.

Aye Doc posted:

https://twitter.com/Michael_Traikos/status/868875425602318338

making GBS threads on toronto and montreal in one line, phil is the best

The Phil Kessels will win the Cup due to the power of this quote.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Hornqvist is back tonight thank god

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Barreft posted:

Hornqvist is back tonight thank god

Boo

If he and James Neal collide the universe might implode

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PredsPR/status/869337880086368257

The Preds forwards keep dying.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

GDT NHL Finals Game 1: Milwaukee Admirals forwards vs Wilkes-Barre Penguins Defense.

Grand Theft Autobot
Feb 28, 2008

I'm something of a fucking idiot myself
Nashville Predator teeth are impractically large.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Grand Theft Autobot posted:

Nashville Predator teeth are impractically large.

And real Penguins can't hold hockey sticks. What's your point?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

What was the outcome of Pens / Preds during the regular season. I missed a bit of the season and these games.

Apr 7, 2003

geeves posted:

What was the outcome of Pens / Preds during the regular season. I missed a bit of the season and these games.

Pittsburgh made a joke out of Rinne, which appears to be happening again.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Citizen Tayne posted:

Pittsburgh made a joke out of Rinne, which appears to be happening again.

Gracias. Appears Rinne's team also are in on it.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

geeves posted:

@Nashville, 4-2 Pens
@Pittsburgh, 5-1 Preds

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/869379578405560320

Win or lose, let us marvel at the Penguins doing something historically bad.

Ergo Propter Hog
Jul 21, 2014

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/PR_NHL/status/869379578405560320

Win or lose, let us marvel at the Penguins doing something historically bad.

History Will Be Made (TM)

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -
With the continuation of "SCORING IS DOWN!" chat: I would like to actually see some figures of how many goals have been overturned the last two season.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Well I certainly don't think the Pens can play any worse, so winning that game is pretty nice. Please put Hagelin back in if he's not broken, and maybe don't put slow fucks in the top 9.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
The Pittsburgh Zebras were great tonight

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/869386163357978624

Truly, one of the greatest performances by a team ever in the Stanley Cup Final.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RC Cola posted:

The Pittsburgh Zebras were great tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Kilza posted:

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/869386163357978624

Truly, one of the greatest performances by a team ever in the Stanley Cup Final.

gently caress it, we got this far by making GBS threads on Corsi. Might as well pull three more wins out of our rear end.

• Locked thread