Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

dogstile posted:

Watching that grainy rear end "review" makes me angry as hell. You can't see poo poo on there, how's a ref supposed to make a call based on that?

It's amazing to me that they can't get had cameras for those angles - you can get one for a couple hundred bucks that would be better than what they have. Or spend $10k, whatever, and get a high frame rate one. If you're going to make something like offside subject to review then at least do it right

dogstile posted:

Yeah maybe charging that guy with a bunch of offences is a little harsh. Most people who do dumb things at sports events just get thrown out/banned.

People who streak the field at Jays games get charged with misdemeanour mischief and banned for life from the Rogers centre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

the criminal catfish

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

El Gallinero Gros posted:

I've been meaning to ask, what's with the text of your avatar?

Jake Guentzel looks like Beavis. It's a Beavis quote.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Ginette Reno posted:

Jake Guentzel looks like Beavis. It's a Beavis quote.

Ahhhh okay.

If only PGH had somebody who looked like Butthead....

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

my bat mitzvah ROCKED posted:

the criminal catfish
I mean if you are going to throw a catfish, it should be a quality catfish, not some lovely looking catfish.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

There's going to be so many catfish on the ice during game 3

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

And heeeeere cooooome the hot dogs.

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Captain Internet posted:

Hey, do yourselves a favor if you are a Pens fan. Do not YouTube PK Subban and watch all the amazing sick children surprises and just pure loving absolute classy poo poo he has done non-stop since he came into the league. Like, oh my loving god do not fall into that rabbit hole. I know he was charitable and great but god drat.

Like, Sid does some pretty great, selfless things and maybe doesn't promote it or whatever but Subban is on another level. Dude just loves people.

Counterpoint: watch all of it, embrace the 'banwagon.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Captain Internet posted:

Hey, do yourselves a favor if you are a Pens fan. Do not YouTube PK Subban and watch all the amazing sick children surprises and just pure loving absolute classy poo poo he has done non-stop since he came into the league. Like, oh my loving god do not fall into that rabbit hole. I know he was charitable and great but god drat.

Like, Sid does some pretty great, selfless things and maybe doesn't promote it or whatever but Subban is on another level. Dude just loves people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPd4FIiGt1s

Phil who?

e- Timely (actually, just watch the whole thing. Where's PK doing the lineup in the Habs room?):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZIDkjcn594&t=74s

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 19:02 on May 30, 2017

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Colonel Mustard in the men's room with a cat fish.

Siroc
Oct 10, 2004

Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!
https://twitter.com/TBInvestigation/status/869613187490078720

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

What's the big deal? Looks like an onside play to me, fish still has one fin on the ice.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

shyduck posted:

There's going to be so many catfish on the ice during game 3

Good. Delay of game penalties

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/reporterchris/status/869624531589246976

Subban owns

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Guy got lucky he's only looking at 6 years in jail IMO. Catfish in the shorts is a gross thing to think about

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

Making you happy for a buck since 199X

Ginette Reno posted:

I still like him. Also even if you think he's garbage I'm certain he's got way higher trade value than any other Pens d.

I'm pretty certain Vegas would not take him, which suggests he has zero trade value.

He's been bad for a while now, ever since the cancer really, and is also brittle. At this point it's pretty likely he is what he is, which is a borderline bottom pairing guy. Which if true makes his long contract a push at best, not the big bargain everyone thinks.

If anyone wanted to give up significant value for him I'd definitely make that move. He hasn't been much better than Hainsey and that's pretty bad.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
There's a tunnel near my house that's basically free range for taggers and street artists and there's a little tiny "Go Preds!" in marker there now. Ain't no NHL hockey in Atlanta anymore so it's nice to see the geographically closest team get some love.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.

Eric the Mauve posted:

I'm pretty certain Vegas would not take him, which suggests he has zero trade value.

He's been bad for a while now, ever since the cancer really, and is also brittle. At this point it's pretty likely he is what he is, which is a borderline bottom pairing guy. Which if true makes his long contract a push at best, not the big bargain everyone thinks.

If anyone wanted to give up significant value for him I'd definitely make that move. He hasn't been much better than Hainsey and that's pretty bad.

If he could increase his speed I'd be ok with him. He just looks like hes skating with cement blocks for skates.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
https://twitter.com/seangentille/status/869639280393695233

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

Loqieu posted:

37 minutes between shots is a winning strategy all NHL teams will now copy.
Oh fantastic. Guy Bucher is going to add this to his trap.

Captain Internet posted:

If I am remembering correctly, the ESPN 30 for 30 (or whatever it was) showed him pledging $10,000,000 of his wn cash to that hospital. He seems like a great dude, but he still stomped Steal; whether it was intentional or not (I doubt he meant to do what he did) I am going to harbor a little hatred for St. Subban regardless.
This man now has a well earned (and expensive) nickname for life. Any new friends he might make are are going to think he was trying to date Manti T'eo though.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

This whole thing is utterly amazing. I mean how can anyone be mad at this guy?

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES

this is possibly the greatest article ever written

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

quote:

“The head was too drat big,” Waddell said. “No matter how much I ran it over with my truck, the head was too big.”

So, he created a catfish-underwear sandwich. Regular drawers went on first. Then, the catfish. Then, a pair of compression shorts. Then, a pair of baggy pants.

Amazing

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
The Catfish thing owns but is also utterly insane. I wish I had that kind of dedication for executing my own stupid ideas.

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
if the preds win the series, fisher should hand the cup over to the catfish man

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Ginette Reno posted:

The Catfish thing owns but is also utterly insane. I wish I had that kind of dedication for executing my own stupid ideas.

quote:

“If they want to go down that road, we can go down that road,” Waddell said. “I’m pretty sure we’ll win that battle. I’m just stubborn enough, as you can probably tell by strapping a catfish to my crotch, to go up there and fight it.”

Amazing.

Oswald Kesselpot
Jan 14, 2008

HONK HONK HONK

geeves posted:

This whole thing is utterly amazing. I mean how can anyone be mad at this guy?

Ban him from the Arena, Give him a $200 fine for catfish buggery or whatever, and let the nashville radio station pay it. The let it drop off his record in like a year or so as long as he isn't caught smuggling catfish around the vicinity again. Why go any further than that?

I personally wouldn't mind this dude throwing catfish every game, since apparently he picks the worst times to do it. Last night it was on a penguins icing, IIRC, with Crosby on the ice.

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
https://twitter.com/stephenjmolloy/status/692446206111399936

so that's what that pittsburgh air horn is all about.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

I can't read that Post-Gazette article because I've read too many this month (I guess? I feel like that shows up all the time) but the more people complain about this whole incident the more I want to see that dude have to pay for his catfish crimes.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

myron cope posted:

I can't read that Post-Gazette article because I've read too many this month (I guess? I feel like that shows up all the time) but the more people complain about this whole incident the more I want to see that dude have to pay for his catfish crimes.
a pens fan wants catfish man punished? im surprised.

Krime
Jul 30, 2003

Somebody has to do the scoring around here.
I, for one, hope a Preds fan throws a catfish on the ice for every single Penguins icing infraction.

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

http://hockeyviz.com/game/2016030411/homeShotLocEV
http://hockeyviz.com/game/2016030411/awayShotLocEV

the pens only got 12 shots but god drat those are some good locations. when did crosby fire it on net from center ice?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

like once a game someone shoots a dump in on net. sometimes it works

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

hifi posted:

like once a game someone shoots a dump in on net. sometimes it works

If I were coaching a team that was playing against MAF I'd have them do this 40 times a game and expect to score at least 5 goals

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

myron cope posted:

Open up dev tools and delete your cookies for PG.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
i've never understood why players don't try to bounce dump-ins on the goaltender more often. most goalies aren't good enough at puckhandling to play it off to the defense before you have time to forecheck, and you have a chance at a weird bounce that handcuffs him. and an o-zone faceoff is also not a bad thing to have.

Eric the Mauve
May 8, 2012

a false posted:

most goalies aren't good enough at puckhandling to play it off to the defense before you have time to forecheck

I think this part is wrong, at least at the NHL level. Most NHL goalies very much can play it off to their teammates very very quickly.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm probably not the only Canucks fan who still cringes when I see someone shoot the puck at the goalie from center.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

HookShot posted:

I'm probably not the only Canucks fan who still cringes when I see someone shoot the puck at the goalie from center.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tFy36LXhTEU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

a false posted:

i've never understood why players don't try to bounce dump-ins on the goaltender more often. most goalies aren't good enough at puckhandling to play it off to the defense before you have time to forecheck, and you have a chance at a weird bounce that handcuffs him. and an o-zone faceoff is also not a bad thing to have.

i think an o zone faceoff is worse than having the puck.

• Locked thread