Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Let's go PK Subban's Nashville PK Subbans

Hand Knit posted:

That is a good rear end av

Holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

Anyway I'm really excited to see the team with an insanely good defensive corps but injured offence take on the team with insanely good forwards but injured defence. I think that Nashville takes it because their defence is more thorough than Pittsburgh's offence, but that my just be me wishing upon the glowing star that is PK Subban.

Side question: assuming nothing in the finals changes this, which player from each team would get the Conn Smythe? I assume Rinne for Nashville, but I have no idea who would get it for Pittsburgh now that Murray has supplanted Fleury.

Just looking at points, you got Geno and Sid sitting at the top with 24 and 20 so probably one of them. I'd love for Forsberg to have an outside shot at a Conn Smythe.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

iospace posted:

The E:60 feature on PK was good.

Hook a Canadian up please :canada:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Siroc posted:

As long as we have Forsberg (Peter) and Volkoun, we'll be fine. I'll miss Upshall though. I think Radulov is the spark this particular franchise needs and I think he'll be around for a long time.

David Legwand has been a rock for the franchise. This might be finally his time where he gets the recognition he deserves.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Suspicious posted:

Taking a long shot here but I'm guessing he's tired of hearing that question and all its variants.

If you were sick of these questions you shouldn't have traded your best skater away Bergevin!!!

fake e: PK too but he's about to win a cup so he just needs another to plug his ears with rings. I suppose he could plug his ear with his Norris.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

That's the name of Phil Kessel's autobiography.

It's a pop-up book.

I'd prefer a scratch and sniff book filled with hotdogs and such.

Btw for Canadians it looks like the E:60 Subban piece is gonna air on TSN2 on Tuesday at 10PM.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

quote:

“The head was too drat big,” Waddell said. “No matter how much I ran it over with my truck, the head was too big.”

So, he created a catfish-underwear sandwich. Regular drawers went on first. Then, the catfish. Then, a pair of compression shorts. Then, a pair of baggy pants.

Amazing

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Just lmao at the last two pages

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Urgh congrats on your sweep you gross pens

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

myron cope posted:

Well that was certainly​ a game.

I think the chants are dumb but impressively executed.

(I think most chants are dumb.)

I think you're dumb

Suspicious posted:

I too hate fun.

:agreed:

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Captain Internet posted:

That's the closest you're gonna get to a soccer atmosphere in American sports. Pretty cool, if they win the cup though, everyone gonna loving hate it.

The Pens have a horn guy

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

xzzy posted:

What's the threshold for calling a delay of game for refusing to advance the puck?

Because that last PP for the preds had to have been pushing it, right?

It would be peak NHL to call Subban on delay of game while they have swallowed their whistles on all the crosschecking and poo poo.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

https://twitter.com/frank_seravalli/status/871431250770354180

Bad hockey town does not have a facility fit for hosting the SCF

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

"He just likes the attention" is a really hollow comeback to something someone who already had 19 cameras in his face said.

For hockey robot Sidney Crosby that's the cruelest insult he can inflict on another hockey player.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

ThinkTank posted:

The Ryan brothers grew up in Toronto and Rex is basically Pungry in that he has cheered for every NHL team at some point.

Please don't doxx forum users

Ginette Reno posted:

I don't have any way to prove it but the ole *eye test* but PK actually seems a lot more conservative with his play style in Nashville than he was in Montreal. I seem to remember him rushing the puck up and taking risks in the offensive zone a lot more in MTL than he does for the Preds. I haven't seen him dominate games as much individually on the Preds as I recall him doing for le Habs. For the Preds it seems like he just takes the opportunities that are there but otherwise doesn't go too nuts with the puck, for better or worse.

This was floating around twitter during the start of the playoffs. I'm a bit too lazy to dig up the relevant tweets but basically the numbers don't back up a change of style in PK's move from MTL to NAS at all. It's a combination of public perception shifting, the talent being better in NAS so he doesn't stand out as much but also and more crucially PK probably has a more defined role in NAS. In MTL, he both had to be the shutdown guy and also had to create scoring chances from the back. In the playoffs, he's mostly been used to shutdown the other team's top line and he chips in offense when he can.

Xtanstic fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jun 5, 2017

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

He and Tremblay hated each other and Roy actually told the team president immediately after being finally pulled in that game (he was sitting there behind the bench) he'd never play another game for Montreal.

Yeah and the hate goes back to when they were teammates on the team right? Urgh. I hated Rejean Houle my entire childhood until someone told me that it's mostly on Trembley and Team President Ronald Corey and Rejean Houle was a loyal Habs player caught in the 'hey let's hire old players' shitstorm. The blood is definitely on the GM's hands this time as well.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Thufir posted:

Dellow said on twitter that PK had said something about being more conservative this year.

https://twitter.com/ArponBasu/status/867051974956548099

Arpon quoted Subban. Hockey twitter dogpiled him :v:

Spelling Mitsake posted:

I dunno, Markov has always been pretty solid.

He's lost a step the last few years and come playoff time he showed his age. He's solid yeah and produces a lot still but Markov is miscast as a top 2 shutdown pairing at this stage in his career. Ekholm has been amazing next to PK. Watching the two of them roam around both ends of the ice is amazing and they both have the skating to fix most mistakes or overaggressive moves they make.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Markov is still very, very easily a top pairing D

In terms of zone exits and passes in ozone generated yes. In terms of going head to head with the top line? His lack of speed scares me.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Got a gif zoom out to rival the Bruins zoom out https://twitter.com/MarcPDumont/status/871924493177978881

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

mich posted:

So this whole series I have constantly been yelling about how much I hate Jake Guentzel's face. Out at bars, at home, every opportunity during Game 3. Tonight we get to our seats and our section mate is chatting up the two Pens fans sitting next to us and tells us "it's alright, these guys are cool." I look over and see the one next to me is wearing a Guentzel shirt.

"Guentzel has such a stupid face!!" I yell at him.

He starts laughing hysterically and nudges his friend, "this is his brother."

I have no shame and affirm that I stand by my convictions while Thufir kindly lets him know "if it's any consolation, you have a better face."

I take a moment but agree, "yes, it's true, yours is much better."

I enjoyed the constant swearing and lamentations the two directed at Hainsey on many occasions throughout the game.

A good story. I hope someone writes a newspaper article about it.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

sean10mm posted:

He gave $10 million to a children's hospital not too long ago, and does so much for charity that Canada awarded him a medal.

And yet the Montreal Canadiens organization did not see fit to give him their annual 'best community service contribution' award.

Nice

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Hip Now and Wow! posted:

Since I'm sure Sullivan is an avid reader of SAS looking for hockey mans advice, I'm just going to throw this out there...

Maybe, just maybe, it's time for Ruhwhedle to play and let Hainsey sit for a bit.

Start MAF

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

This is beautiful

This is weird

• Locked thread