Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I came here to laugh at you

MrYenko posted:

Anyone have any tips for the early Spitfires in realistic? They seem to suck real bad up high, and their turn performance just sets you up to get blapped if you stay low.

In addition to what Solumin said, a pattern I'm finding is that as a low altitude optimized craft, you don't want to be the first pilot at the buffet, unless you're real good at making BnZ guys from 3-6km ASL eat poo poo in their dives/baiting for your own guys. You're still an energy fighter insofar as you need to manage your energy, and that means if at all possible, you want to be the one diving on someone else--while not a rule, you're probably in a higher energy state if you've been cruising at 350@3km and the fw-190 just dove into a furball and got on someone else's tail.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/PricklyConsiderateStarWholeWheat

I had just bombed out their main base to win us the game so I decided to gloat. There's no way a 262 A with rockets could snipe me from 2.5km away, right? RIGHT?

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I had just bombed out their main base to win us the game so I decided to gloat. There's no way a 262 A with rockets could snipe me from 2.5km away, right? RIGHT?

Wehraboo intensifies~*~*~*~*

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

Nfcknblvbl posted:

that timing is just

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

I really want a option that disables being put into games with the new dusk/dawn setup if the game detects no night vision vehicles, They are just not fun when you can't see

Shanakin
Mar 26, 2010

The whole point of stats are lost if you keep it a secret. Why Didn't you tell the world eh?

I'd rather they just make standard green style NVG a basic feature of the tanks that have it, instead of a module.

MrYenko
Jun 17, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Stevefin posted:

I really want a option that disables being put into games with the new dusk/dawn setup if the game detects no night vision vehicles, They are just not fun when you can't see

I got dropped into one yesterday at like 9:45am local, and it was almost painfully bright in the room I was playing in. I dumped to the menu when I died to something I couldnít even see on the slo-mo death cam.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Thereís one PostFX setting, Autumn I think, that will shift the black levels to a dark red and give you moderate vision. You can swap it on and off from the settings quickly. Itís certainly not NVG or Thermals but it can help a lot depending on the light levels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marxismftw
Apr 16, 2010

lol the battlepass loving sucks