Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
Don't worry, those tanks will be pushed up a BR or two soon enough. Can't let anything threaten Germany :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Germany 5.7 is good though, and the Panther A that sits on 5.7 is widely regarded as one of the best tanks tier-for-tier in the game.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Well, I'm a ghost. I scare people. It's all very important, I assure you.

Anyone have tips for the US naval lineup at 5.0? I gave up on the destroyers after too many matchups where I literally just couldn't do anything with my 5" guns against teams full of CAs. I thought the Omaha class CLs would be an improvement but I still feel like I'm just tickling other ships, even other CLs, while firing AP shells at them. I don't know if there's a specific range band to maximize plunging fire penetration or what with these.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Mr. Peepers posted:

Anyone have tips for the US naval lineup at 5.0? I gave up on the destroyers after too many matchups where I literally just couldn't do anything with my 5" guns against teams full of CAs. I thought the Omaha class CLs would be an improvement but I still feel like I'm just tickling other ships, even other CLs, while firing AP shells at them. I don't know if there's a specific range band to maximize plunging fire penetration or what with these.

You never want to fight cruisers in a destroyer if you can help it. Sometimes it's inevitable (especially with some of the god awful maps and gametypes), but unless the cruiser is otherwise distracted or outnumbered your best option is often to pop smoke and flee, potentially dumping a spread of torpedoes if in range.

The Omahas are... not great, but they do have advantages. Depending on the map, usually your best option is going to be to use your speed to get behind other friendly cruisers to avoid getting hit, and try to sail towards areas where you can hunt down enemy destroyers. Also, you've got a boatload of torps, so make sure to use them when you can.

Also, try to aim for enemy turrets. Knocking out a turret or two can effectively cripple an enemy ship and is a huge advantage in a gunfight. And if an enemy ship seems like it's too heavily armored and you're not going enough damage, there's no shame in shifting targets towards something you can hurt. But even the lightest cruisers can take a while to wear down, especially with 6" fire, so just keep aiming for those critical systems and make sure you're getting consistent hits.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Here's one for the thread: In TYOOL 2021, what's the hotness for SL grinding?

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.

Alchenar posted:

For CARB I'd honestly still say the Ru 251; it's pretty hard to have a bad game in once you get a feel for it and it just prints money on the wins which are relatively steady. Back that up with the Me410 R/3 and whatever premium fighter you want at 6.7 (P-47, La-5, etc) and you'll be pretty solidly profitable. I don't really like playing lower tiers than that anymore tho so there may be something lower that's more positively skewed.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Feb 10, 2021

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Ru251 is amazing.

For air RB, The F-89D is stupid expensive, but basically a license to print SL. The F-89B is really good as well, but you have to be more even more circumspect when flying it. Both of them are just loving unfair when top tier. I also have the G.91 R/4 which is amazing but far more frequently up-tiered, so you often end up without the tactical mobility to be where the fights are.

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

Alchenar posted:

Check out your vehicle stats and see which one has the best K:D ratio and doesn't have punishing repair/reload costs?

For me it's the PzIV F2 since I am usually pushing 6:1 or so.

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006

Alchenar posted:

Stupidly boring, but Air AB with as many Swedish BR4-ish fighters as you have slots for; all 3 non jet J/A21's, a J22 and the Justang. It's quite possible to make 100k sl gross per win. Bung in one of those 5 kills per battle wagers and that's another easy 100k sl gross per 3 battles.

I haven't tracked profit on this, but a full lineup of BR4-ish US fighters loaded for lawnmowing in air AB can reap a good profit. Ditto for an All The Sturmoviks loadout for USSR Air AB.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

As time is running out, what is everyone's thought on purchasing the battle pass? I'm > lvl 75 so I would get the T-10A if I purchase it now and I would be fine with the 2000 GE price tag but I heard the T-10A is absolute god awful garbage.
Does anyone see a chance that the Snail will buff the T-10A anytime soon to a state where it isn't garbage? It would be my only 7.7 tank for Russia, my next one is the 4.7 premium T-34-57 (1943).

Thoughts? Has anyone played the T-10A and can comment on it's actual performance?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

From what I've seen people say, the claims that the T-10A is garbage are overstated. It's probably still worth getting in on the BP if you're level 75 since it will also means getting all the other rewards, and the vehicle and camo coupons will probably help you recoup the cost of the GE anyway.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

I bought the battle pass after hitting 75 with the sole intention of selling the tank for gaijinbucks, because I figure the chances of at least breaking even are pretty good.

Getting the rest of the rewards also netted about 2M SL and more 200%/300% boosters than I could actually even use before they expired.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Mr. Peepers posted:

Getting the rest of the rewards also netted about 2M SL and more 200%/300% boosters than I could actually even use before they expired.

So the stuff will be unlocked right away when I purchase the battle pass? I can't decide when to pick each tier's reward?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

You have to pick them up manually but I don't know what happens to any unclaimed ones once the pass expires. You also need to pick them up in order or something like that.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

Yeah you pick each one manually but they have to be in order.

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Oh okay, thanks. That's the way it was when I realized I had to manually click on the finished challenges to get the bonus. It's not ideal but it's better than getting everything at once.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I just clicked through about 5 pages of getting my rewards.

mmtt
May 8, 2009
T-10A makes money at least for me so far but it's pretty bad in an uptier. I don't have much experience with Russian heavies beyond the IS-2 but it's in that line of tonkplay. Long reload time, relatively mobile for a heavy and armor at a BR that doesn't care about armor anymore 'cos HEAT/AFPDS lolpen everything.

If you have Golden lions to spare, you can easily recoup the BattlePass cost by selling the vehicles + camos.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

Do keep in mind that if you buy into the pass with the intent to sell the vehicle coupons they get placed on a cooldown until being sellable same as the length of the battlepass, so you're looking at them sitting in your inventory for 75 days before you can put them up on the marketplace. Given that they're fairly easy to get and that supply will trickle in over time from people who unlocked them over the course of the pass you're going to miss out on early price flunctuations.

OhsH
Jan 12, 2008
I liked when they gave me 2 chinese ar's that i had to wait 30 days to find out i cant sell them anyways.

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012

Solumin posted:

Separate BRs for different game modes would solve the problem, that's for sure. I wonder if they could actually implement that.

Several vehicles already are? Or do you mean RB planes vs RB tanks?

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012

Malefitz posted:

As time is running out, what is everyone's thought on purchasing the battle pass? I'm > lvl 75 so I would get the T-10A if I purchase it now and I would be fine with the 2000 GE price tag but I heard the T-10A is absolute god awful garbage.
Does anyone see a chance that the Snail will buff the T-10A anytime soon to a state where it isn't garbage? It would be my only 7.7 tank for Russia, my next one is the 4.7 premium T-34-57 (1943).

Thoughts? Has anyone played the T-10A and can comment on it's actual performance?

It's better than the IS-4M, gets a vertical stabilizer good up to 20+kph (odd), faster reload than IS-4M, the better IS-3 armor without the shot trap. For a heavy at 7.7, it's pretty good.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Jack Forge posted:

Several vehicles already are? Or do you mean RB planes vs RB tanks?

Yes, RB planes vs RB tanks. The AB/RB/Sim split isn't enough for what people were suggesting.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

A question, because I keep seeing answers in both directions by googling:

Let's say I buy a 3D decoration. A bush, or maybe Phlydaily's Baby Tigor. Do I get one (1) bush that I can use once, or do I get infinity bushes and Tigors, of which I can put one on each of my tanks?

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
The latter. You can put it on as many tanks as you like, but you can only put it on each tank once. (Or twice, for bushes, I believe.)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

That's surprisingly generous, considering this is the game where backup vehicles are consumables you have to buy with real money.

That was a fun trap to fall into.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
You can get backups for free from the war bond shop, for relatively cheap.

The real pay-to-win is crew skills.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I have never paid money for a backup vehicle and have like 90+ unused universal backups sitting in my inventory

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Solumin posted:

The latter. You can put it on as many tanks as you like, but you can only put it on each tank once. (Or twice, for bushes, I believe.)

Bushes are once as well.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

That's surprisingly generous, considering this is the game where backup vehicles are consumables you have to buy with real money.

That was a fun trap to fall into.

Ahh well you see, the ruse here is that bushes came in stacks of five when they first got added so while it's "generous" it is definitely an area that many people complain about. I believe that anyone who bought them a while back can still place all five and become a mobile artillery shrub.

e: I don't even play tanks, but not buying those bushes is one of my biggest regrets in this game.

e2: I may be slightly wrong though, they may still be limited to the same number of bushes as anyone else while the advantage is that they can place multiples of the largest ones. Dunno, I don't play tanks.

Teeter fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Feb 12, 2021

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
It was packs of 6 and you can place all 6 per tank

NickBlasta
May 16, 2003

Clearly their proficiency at shooting is supernatural, not practical, in origin.

Mr. Peepers posted:

Best way to think of the Omaha is that it's like the cruiser version of the Clemson. Free food for other cruisers.

Honestly just get the Brooklyn ASAP. It's extremely good. Then segue to getting the Nawlins and you're set.

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

NickBlasta posted:

Best way to think of the Omaha is that it's like the cruiser version of the Clemson. Free food for other cruisers.

Honestly just get the Brooklyn ASAP. It's extremely good. Then segue to getting the Nawlins and you're set.

Yeah, I think I've reached the limits of my masochism. 3k XP per 15 minute game of accomplishing virtually nothing. That's 20 more matches if I want just the Atlanta, which inexplicably has worse guns at a higher BR.

I can see why the Baltimore is $50.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

Mr. Peepers posted:

Yeah, I think I've reached the limits of my masochism. 3k XP per 15 minute game of accomplishing virtually nothing. That's 20 more matches if I want just the Atlanta, which inexplicably has worse guns at a higher BR.

I can see why the Baltimore is $50.

The Atlanta is honestly really fun, it's got an absolute bonanza of 5" guns and they all load extremely quickly. Once you get them on target, you can just lay down a constant stream of punishment on enemy ships or just obliterate destroyers. I had a really good time with it.

punishedkissinger
Sep 20, 2017

tboughts on the p-39 series?

ughhhh
Oct 17, 2012

Anyone having an awful time with PL and ping lately with WT? Always happens midgame lately.

ughhhh fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 19, 2021

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

punishedkissinger posted:

tboughts on the p-39 series?

One of the few fighters in the US tech tree that can actually turn fight. Decent power down low, but also a really low critical altitude. If you can git gud with the 37mm you can be a real terror. The earlier (lower BR) versions are more competitive than the later ones in my opinion, just due to what you’ll be up against. Also unlocks the P-63, which is everything about the P-39 turned up to 11. Plane is good, just don’t go up above 8000ft and expect to fight 109s. Drag everything down to 2000ft, burn their energy, and club them to death.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp
I'm bad at the P-39 series but they're all excellent aircraft.

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013
If memory serves, the P-39s are also fast as hell, especially for their tier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peepers
Mar 11, 2005

I always used stealth belts on their MGs, it made focusing on landing the cannon shots much easier.