Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it is astonishing just astonishing how bad gaijin is at making video game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

BBJoey posted:

it is astonishing just astonishing how bad gaijin is at making video game.

Real talk: we all know the only reason they released Italian planes is because after doing the Italian tech tree repeatedly for years, the UI guy started getting restless.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.
Jesus christ those changes are horrible

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, etc...

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Yep so they making winter camouflage even more p2w cool

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Camo changes: just give us your loving money already

Stevefin
Sep 30, 2013

Speaking of pay to win, Is the in game econ even worse now? I have not played since combined arms came in, and I have yet to make a profit in any tier

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Stevefin posted:

Speaking of pay to win, Is the in game econ even worse now? I have not played since combined arms came in, and I have yet to make a profit in any tier

you arent going to make money in carb.

they lowered jet rp considerably a while ago, at the same time reducing vehicle rp and upping mod rp rewards at the end of a game. So tanks tank forever, jets a little less long.

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Jun 1, 2017

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Stevefin posted:

it is always worse

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm still coasting on the ~1.4 mil refund from however many tech tree changes happened in the 18 months or so I wasn't playing but the minute I decide to buy something in BR5+ (and get out of arcade hell) it's right back to the silver mines.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The P.108B Serie 1 is a good bomber and people are really averse to attacking it for me reason.

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Stevefin posted:

Surprise! Tanks are still poo poo.

Warrior Princess
Sep 29, 2014

What?

Stevefin posted:

I do nothing but play the 4.3 jap carb tier and I make money hand over fist while also having fun because chi-to plus ki-100 owns.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

quote:

Will Italy have ground vehicles?​
Answer: Yes, we plan this. For the time being, we can’t say when the full ground vehicle tech tree will appear, but we are not ruling out a vehicle-by-vehicle addition. As happened with the British tree, for example. This will allow you to use Italian assault aircraft in mixed battles.

I can't remember much from when Brit tanks were added, did they fill the tree piecemeal or is this just a reference to the gated tiers?

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

You can easily make gamebux with anything, provided it has sane repair costs. Generally those tend to jump way high on tier 4 and upwards. Doing T4+ tanks is a pretty solid way of losing money, generally speaking. But, I say this every time this gets brought up, you can make good money playing CARB as long as you spawn yourself a plane, because then you have the plane's higher rewards and a playerbase that is several times more willing to fly braindead and give you easy kills.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
My current easy go-to method of making silver lions is playing arcade with the two P-47Ds and some other plane with the same BR. You're generally put into a game like Front Line where there are tons of soft ground targets you can kill easily with rockets or your guns as well as some harder targets you have to kill with bombs but make you more money. Along with that, the P-47Ds have the flamethrower tracer belt and it's pretty easy to get air kills with them. I usually get around 10k each time I play this without too much trouble. Of course I'm not very good at this game and I'm sure there are people here who can easily rack up more money reliably playing certain planes in realistic but whatev.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
My way to make millions of lions is flying planes in RB and just kinda having fun and then you have millions.

Dr.Radical
Apr 3, 2011
I put in a sentence at the end there to cover just such a post.

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

Sard posted:

I can't remember much from when Brit tanks were added, did they fill the tree piecemeal or is this just a reference to the gated tiers?

They added a rather sparse but full tree that was about 3/4 of the current tree that they're still adding vehicles (then again they're just adding vehicles to all trees) and then it was like the current Italian tree: unless you gave them cash you had to wait to get more than just the reserve stuff as they unlocked vehicles for the unwashed masses bit by bit.

As a side, I fully expect just about every nation's ground tree to explode when they start adding more armored cars.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
Talisman a good tank like the M36 or buy the Super Hellcat on the next 50% sale, then use them with P-47s if you want to both play tanks and make money. Make about 40-70k per game if you don't die right away. You will die right away about 25-30% of the time if you're dumb like me, but the other end of that spectrum where you murder everyone is about as likely.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

My way to make lions is to use the p40. It is ridiculous right now.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Ki61 is like some kind of ancient samurai death god.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Sard posted:

I'm honestly more interested in knowing what we'll see first: French planes or Italian tanks.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The P-36/P-40s are really bonkers right now and are probably the thing I hate fighting against when I fly italians.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Azran posted:

I'm honestly more interested in knowing what we'll see first: French tanks or Italian tanks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Recoome posted:

The P-36/P-40s are really bonkers right now and are probably the thing I hate fighting against when I fly italians.

P-36s have actually always been bonkers. Surprising the gently caress out of Russians with that thing's insane turbo-elevator has always been a good time.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Really all the low tier US fighters with 3+ .50s seem very good right now, I've been having fun with the early buffalos and stealth belts after my tomahawk murder spree is inevitably stopped

sneaky buffalo :ninja:

free hubcaps fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 2, 2017

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

I literally just fly any plane with my fellow goons because teamwork is OP as gently caress. I was making bank with the drat Breda 88 for crying out loud.

Edit: Also the Hs 129!

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Tank RB/SB kinda needs planes to function though.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.
The best way to deal with IS-6 continues to be "cap point, spawn AD-2 before anyone else is flying, bomb all of them"

That was 4 + T-44/100 and basically changed the outcome of 2 of the caps. That game also included a ram on a Do-219 that flipped him inverted but killed neither of us outright, and it actually gave me credit when he hit the ground! Ram was required because I'm dumb as hell and forget how fast the F8F-B guns jam without the upgrades.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's cool that most advice on problems with tanks boils down to 'try to not be in a tank as soon as possible'

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Come on home.

BBJoey posted:

it's cool that most advice on problems with tanks boils down to 'try to not be in a tank as soon as possible'

CARB is just a means to piss off Wehraboos and Russians with airplanes. The tanks are merely a platform to reach the end goal.

Bonus points for the Super Hellcat because it makes them extra angry.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 07:59 on Jun 2, 2017

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

Dr.Radical posted:

My current easy go-to method of making silver lions is playing arcade with the two P-47Ds and some other plane with the same BR. You're generally put into a game like Front Line where there are tons of soft ground targets you can kill easily with rockets or your guns as well as some harder targets you have to kill with bombs but make you more money. Along with that, the P-47Ds have the flamethrower tracer belt and it's pretty easy to get air kills with them. I usually get around 10k each time I play this without too much trouble. Of course I'm not very good at this game and I'm sure there are people here who can easily rack up more money reliably playing certain planes in realistic but whatev.

This, but use stealth belts on your t-bolts, and throw on a Thunderer or Battle Victory wager at max stakes to really print money. AB 3.0 Americans is free wager money to the tune of a half mil a go on the wagers. With the rewards from the missions thrown in as well, you're looking at 1-2m lions from a Thunderer wager, easily.

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
Some of the early Italian planes feel inferior in every way.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

if by "some" you mean the g.50 and c.200, yeah, they're not fantastic

Corky Romanovsky
Oct 1, 2006

Soiled Meat
The biplane(s) are bad when they get matched against monoplanes, too.

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

the re.2000 & 2001 should spice up the lower tier fighters when they're released

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

The G.50 used to be good when it was a rarely seen aircraft but I guess everyone is way more clued into Italians these days.

Also there's no real point to the C.200s when the C.202 is at 2.3

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I'm I gimping myself with going pure arcade light tanks? Its a lot of fun right now but I hear it starts getting terrible once I hit the US Chaffee.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

can someone find me the cave diver warning sign regarding playing planes and not tanks? I feel like it should be in the thread somewhere if not in the op

also I just discovered my new favorite historical wartime plane livery, on a finnish fokker of all things