Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

How do people feel about the Pasta Wagons?

I just grinded my Russians up and the L3/33 (especially when covered by a bush) and M13/40 seem particularly amazing for their BR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

I'm bit behind the times, what where these changes to the penetration mechanics? There's a lot of bitching out there, but nobody is really saying what about the changes is bad and why.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Alrighty, I never really used Solid Shot. Does that mean anything for my USSR tanks and their APHE?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

I just got my USSR 6.3 lineup done and have been playing it for about a week now, and I'm getting kinda frustrated.

At this point the US is pretty much my main opponent in every match, and it seems to move into Cold War prototypes while I'm still stuck with late WW2 tanks. A full third of my matches seem to end with a tide of M18's securing the points and then forcing us into our spawn, and that's when I'm not up against HEAT-FS shells that laugh at my IS-2's armor.

Am I overrating here, or do I have to just push through until it gets better?

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

The BT-7, the F-32 premium variant still gets a lot of play with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=atuFSv2bLa8

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

I think the World War interface just might be the worst interface I've seen in a long time, its truly an abomination.

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

Solumin posted:

3.7 is a really good tank BR, in my opinion. UK, Russia and Germany have great vehicles there. In the current meta, 4.7 tends to get uptiered, so 3.7 is usually downtiered or seeing 4.0/4.3 at worst. If you get bored, you could go up to 4.0 - 4.7 or down to the really early tiers.

The downside is France has nothing at that BR, Japan has a single premium (though it's excellent) and Italy only has a couple TDs.
I'm not sure what USA or China have at that tier though.

I've been playing China lately, and they're kinda like a greatest hits combo of USA and USSR, leaning a bit more towards the USSR in the higher tiers. 3.7 has a good lineup with the m10, t-34 1943, and the M4A4. You can potentially add the 4.0 M4A4 76 as well.

You then jump right to 5.7, which has the M18, 2 versions of the t-34 57 (including one with a .50 cal), a decent 5.3 AA, and an IS-2.

I haven't gone beyond that yet, but they've got some real solid lineups so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

punishedkissinger posted:

omg the BT-7 F-32 is incredible. Scouting is INCREDIBLY powerful, especially when you are 20kph faster than 99% of enemies. I've just been rolling out, capping, then scouting 2-3 enemies, j--ing out and rolling in screaming in an IL-2. Flying in with a full bomb/rocket load at 600kph while your wings get shredded is a pretty viscerally satisfying experience. It's a 3.0 but it weirdly seems to do better at higher BRs? I think because closer to 5.0, the tanks generally get heavier and thus slower.

playing a light tank/scout really makes it clear how much better this game would be if it actually encouraged teamwork too.

Its a great little tank, you get that Bt-7 speed with a gun that can really do some work.

Speaking of not going above 4.7, I concur. I actually got up into 7.3 with my Russians, mostly because the guided AT missiles seemed fun. Too bad I suck too much for the sniper rocket tag the game becomes, so its back to t-34s for me.

Having some fun grinding up china tho

Hipster Occultist fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Oct 13, 2020