Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Italian Plons are real good.

That's my review of the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I can't remember a time when Lions were ever a problem except for the brief time I only played Ground Forces before getting into Air RB.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Goddamn the MC202 is a beautiful plane.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm a big fan of Italy putting 200-250 Rounds Per Gun in their 20mms.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Recoome posted:

Thats excellent. I figured that the 3 series wouldn't be so bad because the better engine, but the 202EC really loses out in my opinion.

I think part of that is because the 20mms are in gunpods, so they also gently caress up the aerodynamics.

You're right about the thing being a brick, though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I kinda think they may've unfucked the Vya23s.

E: Since I started playing again, I've noticed I can't use my keyboard inputs to control my plane in turret gunner mode anymore. How the hell did that get disabled?

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 29, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Psycho Society posted:

You definitely can still use the keyboard to control the plane for gunners in sim, with or without the autopilot. With it on it'll just correct to level flight afterwards.

Was your plane super damaged or close to stalling? That could make it seem like there's no input happening. Or for me, if I press 3-4 keys at once during a maneuver the keyboard circuitry gets overloaded.

I played around with it more, and what's weird is I can't use WASD, but I CAN use Q and E to control the rudder while in gunner mode.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

God, being able to properly IL-10 again and waste everyone's time is a joy.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sard posted:

I've had this issue for a long time; could use rudder and elevator, but could not control ailerons while in gunner mode. Read over the solution in that thread and lol gently caress redoing my ultra customized config, so I just went and tried clearing the roll bindings. Previously, it was A/D;Left/Right;Joystick Axis, but just setting it to A/D solved the issue? I swear I tried this months ago to no effect but whatever, it works now, if anyone else has the issue and doesn't want to try redoing everything.

I'll give this a try. It's not a big enough deal to gently caress around that heavily with, but if this fixes it it'd be great.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Jesus god, I only have the first 205 but this thing is amazing. It's like it's everything I dreamed the 205 would be (except it needs cannons). I'm stuck at 4.3 all the time because of the huge swarms of G55s, but I never feel like anything's outflying it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The only problem I have with the first Veltro is I've yet to be in a match that isn't 4.3 in it, and I get a hell of a lot more assists than kills because I am not the best shot with those Italian .50s. I swear they have the muzzle velocity of the American 37mm.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sard posted:

Breda-SAFAT 12.7 mm might be one of my favorite guns now; the velocity tradeoff is sort of offset by how often they're central mounted. They always have a good magazine size, they have a good sound effect, and their velocity just works for me. Seems like they don't do much structural damage, but dish out plenty of critical damage, so it's really fun to just pick your opponent apart until they catch fire or get pilotsniped. Even in the bombers where you usually only get one gun active at any time, I'm killing a disgusting number of pursuers.

They work fine at killing, I just have to keep reminding myself they're not American .50s as another stream of shells all whiz past someone's tail because I under-led another deflection shot.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Ki61 is like some kind of ancient samurai death god.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Recoome posted:

The P-36/P-40s are really bonkers right now and are probably the thing I hate fighting against when I fly italians.

P-36s have actually always been bonkers. Surprising the gently caress out of Russians with that thing's insane turbo-elevator has always been a good time.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I really want to know what dude in the Soviet Union was like 'Our jets? We should equip them with as little ammunition as possible and also make the 23mms really low velocity.'

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I figured it was mostly 'You're not going to have long firing passes in a jet so we need to make the individual rounds count', which they really do if you can score a hit. They're just kinda frustrating to get used to.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'll say this much for the Ns-23s: If you can hit something with the drat things, at least they'll kill the poo poo out of it.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The 109 F4 and E4 are super fun.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Why would they buff the extremely good plane.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I kinda feel like, in general, if you're one on one with a spit at equal altitude and the spit pilot isn't a drooling idiot (big if) you're in serious poo poo.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It feels like playing my new F2H Banshee I'm constantly surrounded by MiG-15s and 17s.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The other thing about Spits is they climb like rockets, which can make trying to bait them into following you back up and stalling a risky proposal depending on their current energy.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That reminds me I should fly my Boomerang again.

God, I love that stupid thing.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

free hubcaps posted:

What are preferred tactics with the boomerang? BnZ? Its top speed sucks rear end and it doesn't seem to be a great turner, I have somewhat inexplicably had some really good matches in it where anything I glance at dies though.

You're in a British (Australian) Zero. Play it like one.

It's a heavier, less turny Zero with better 20mms and infinity .30 cal rounds.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

That's okay, I keep beating La5-FNs in them.

Really, the Boomerang is a bit like the Zero: Is someone stupid enough to ignore you/turn with you? They die. Do they fly away and then engage your weak-engined australian shitpile from above? You die. Simple test.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Ho-229 is hilarious fun, too.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Yak3 is an amazing plane and I've never found the 1x20 and 2x.50s actually slows it down compared to 3x20mms. Russian .50s hit like a train.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

US .50s are seriously one of the better overall air to air weapons in the game. Tons of ammo, lots of guns, and good enough.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Wasn't the test flight stuff on the captured N1K like 'Yeah if they'd had a ton of these with good pilots and fuel they'd have kicked our asses'?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Did they just decide 'BF109s are small, we should put two together to be big' or what.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Getting back into this to try the French. What are their planes generally like?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I have no idea how the enemy allowed me to get 6 air kills in the lovely french V-156-F dive bomber, but they did.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Joke's on them, low and mid tiers are the most fun part of the game anyway. I'll never get tired of my F4F.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Is the XP-55 still some kind of crazy-rear end hyper UFO or did they tone it down at some point?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It still seems to move in all kinds of crazy ways when I tell it to, though.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Anything that says it explodes or sets people on fire is good.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If you can't enjoy flying an MC202 something is wrong with your soul.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

When did they give the A-36 gunpods.

Also the A-36 still owns.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The new BF-110s seem pretty fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Remember when the A7M was like 3.3 or something? That was hilarious and also awful.