Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The 205 serie 3 is basically the platonic ideal of the dogfighter, even more than the 109 f-4 or g-2

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Recoome posted:

Seriously if you want to compare, the 205 Serie 3 is at 3.7, whereas at 4.0 you have the preseries G.55 which can actually pull up from a dive AND has 4x .50s and 1x cannon.

yeah the 205 is really tough at 3.7, for sure

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

they do, basically. they're nice at very close range with sustained fire but when speeds increase and your window to fire and actually hit the enemy gets smaller, they really suffer

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it is astonishing just astonishing how bad gaijin is at making video game.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Stevefin posted:

Speaking of pay to win, Is the in game econ even worse now? I have not played since combined arms came in, and I have yet to make a profit in any tier

it is always worse

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it's cool that most advice on problems with tanks boils down to 'try to not be in a tank as soon as possible'

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

if by "some" you mean the g.50 and c.200, yeah, they're not fantastic

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Sad King Billy posted:

Do Gaijin ever follow up on complaints?

I got teamkilled at the beginning of the round by some Swedish player, I asked him why and his only response was "GET REKD!"

jesus christ

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

The g.50 and c.200 are perfectly serviceable planes but they really have no strengths. They're jacks of all trades like Yaks, but where Yaks have a pretty high standard of performance compared to their peers, the early Italian monoplanes are decidedly average.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

jesus christ

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

if you're using gun pods you're flying 109s insanely wrong and should have a long hard think about what you've done

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

it still compresses more than the g.55. it is faster tho, thanks to the smaller wings.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

if you're bnzing in a 109 my question is why aren't you using a 190

please do not use an energy fighter like a support plane

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the thing about later 109s is that as they get less agile so do their enemies.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i wish italian planes had them

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

maneuverability doesn't mean much if you can't actually see what you're doing because the canopy is poo poo as in the 109

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

whoa what

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the 202 is an energy fighter and if you treat it like a turnfighter i will literally doxx you and nail a treatise explaining how much you hosed up to your door

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

why's that

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

being efficient is explicitly punished by CARB. being too poo poo to kill anything but being in a tank that has good armour for its tier means your cup will overflow with spawn points.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Mazz posted:

Not exactly sure what that even means, efficient? Efficient how? If you do more than shoot one thing and die you can generally always respawn.

It's the single reason APHE is so much better than other ammos, because its the only reliable 1 shot kill to tanks side hull unless your aim is great. One shot kills means no map marker, no sitting there staring at where the tank is if he got to cover, etc. It's why the M46 hordes are actually losing more than they should, everyone is loading HEATFS and only killing single crew on their first shot, and getting 100'd back by the T44s/906s/etc.

because getting a one shot kill then getting merked does not necessarily get you enough SP to spawn again, particularly if you're at the top of the match BR bracket. taking multiple shots to kill a target because you can't aim will tick up your score higher, giving you more SP.

that's not to say that one shot kills aren't better than a slugging match in other ways but the game explicitly provides more awards the more shots you need to kill something.

incidentally planes has the same issue (pilot sniping awards less points than peppering a bombers's fuselage with enough MG rounds that it falls apart), but because score has no meaning in the air, it's not a big problem.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Recoome posted:

Aircraft I've been wrong about : C.205N2

It's actually a great plane and feels pretty competitive at 4.7. I'd rate it better than the 109 that follows it, which is a positively sluggish fighter which doesn't do anything particularly well AND has the stock 2x MGs 1x MG151. In contrast, the Orione has 2x MGs AND 3x 20mm with regular performance, whereas the 109 has degraded performance when you add the gunpods.

I really am trying to make the italian 109 work but I'm probably garbane at 109s AND its just not amazing at 5.0

the N2 is fine but when you compare it to the serie 3 i struggle to find an improvement in performance that compensates for such a jump in BR

also no discount on premium time this sale?

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

gaijin's one step forward two steps back strategy wins again

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

yak-3s and yak-9u have the strongest performance in the yakovlev line. later yak-9s have v. nice armament but don't gain much in performance. also i don't know what br the yak-15s are any more since they change every patch but they're fun gimmick jets.

the la's are all nice though the la-9's cannons are trash 23mms with no muzzle velocity.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

while i hope that world war mode is good, given gaijin's complete and utter lack of any game design capability whatsoever i am not holding my breath

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

i support esports

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

don't 👏 play 👏 strategic 👏 bombers

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Recoome posted:

Jokes on you its actually Savoia-Marchetti

[sage nod]

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Solumin posted:

In one particular air battle, I spent the whole time in a B-34

i believe i have identified the issue

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

850k will suffice for now but if you insist on playing tanks into tier 4 or god forbid you will need to either get a premium tank or use planes to feed your habit

as far as premium vehicles go if you're not going to spend much, buy something cool and unique. examples are the yak 3 vk107, ac iv thunderbolt, d.520/1, t-35 etc. if you insist on getting a rebranded free plane, make sure it owns bones like the 109 g-2 or the japanese corsair.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

thinking about the grind and loling

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

what tank matches really need is more incentive for them to bog down in long range sniping matches

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

a solution to spawn camping ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

american bias:

russian bias:

the bombzz saga:

bonus: guess the pay to win plane

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

ArchRanger posted:

I'm hoping that talked-about reduction in RP requirements for Tier 4/5 gets implemented soon.

I was going to make a negative reply but then I remembered we got the Italian tree so gently caress who even knows my man

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

BadOptics posted:

CONFIRMED: Airplanes are superior to tanks.

it owns that gaijin actively punishes the tanks playerbase at every turn

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

on the contrary, i think ui guy is the only person at gaijin actually doing his job

he's doing a real poo poo job but he's doing it nonetheless

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

what br is the yak-15 these days

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

4 minutes in tanks, 13 minutes in planes - the ground battles experiences