Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Never felt at home in reality
Always hiding behind avatars

trip report from botes.... It's fun and interesting however, i think it has too much going on. from guns not shooting where you aim because of the Fire Control systems, to easily running aground and having too many weapon groups to use, not know which ones to use in what engagements (beyond the obvious AA for planes and big guns\ torps for destroyers) some botes have Depth charges so i think subs might become a thing. Fletchers are really cool botes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Getting back in to ignore tanks and fly planes. Is the hellcat still fun to fly?

It's never not been fun to fly and with two flavors of hellcats to fly its amazing

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

Is it in a good spot vis a vis BR?

the F6F-5 is still at 3.3 the F6F-5N (it has cannons and .50's) is 4.3 both are in fun BR ranges

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Alkydere posted:

CARB is amazing...with a horrible spawn system.

CARB's spawn system is literally retarded and encourages spawn camping since it is so easy to get killed before you get any spawn points for a second tank

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Apparently Rocket League Tanks is gunna be a thing https://www.facebook.com/WarThunderNA/videos/606510249722278/

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

I beat a Japanese team coming in last place with my p-51 h by flying into space after my whole team died and let the boats won the match for me. I'm not eating a repair bill against those guys because the rest of my team decided to fly bombers or ground pounders

It's you, you're the pubbie everyone hates

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Gaijin released a video today showing off Helicopters of atleast vietnam era https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyQPG0O6Po8

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

T-80 B gameplay also included is French BATCHAT https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbbGWcpZWo0

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Here's a video of helos getting torn apart by the sgt york https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_3yLnkYur0

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Is Gaijin ever gonna finish making boats? How many drat years has it been.

as someone in the boat beta.... it's meh and kinda bad it takes forever to research out of the first boats and you die so easily to everything

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Eh as it stands botes are bad and a pain, you die super easily, there isnt much cover, the grind is worse than anything before including world of tanks,

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Been playing the M46 paired with a P-80 a lot lately and the game is fun again for me again after a very long time. M46 "tiger" is fun and the Heat-FS is strong enough to shoot through the front of a maus turret and hit well in 8.0.

IS-6's still shrug off the heat-fs though

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

organburner posted:

Japan has exactly 2 good early tanks, the ke-ni and the ho-ro. The rest are trash.
Luckily I got the chi-nu 2 and it is very good indeed.

Excuse me the Chi-Ha Long Gun is loving amazing

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

organburner posted:

Ah, yeah I haven't even unlocked that one yet since it's pretty new.

Also I've been having the same weird issues with the server as most everyone else I guess. Tanks I'm looking at will stop rendering only to pop back in, rounds will phase through enemy tanks but also me. Airplanes will occasionally move in impossible manners. Just the servers taking a huge poo poo due to the event I guess.

Don't get me wrong the long gun is super easy to die in but that amazing gun makes up for it, shame it only has 10 - 11 rounds

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

ArchRanger posted:

In the air they effect the distance you get a target box with the distance marked. In CARB it'll affect the distance tanks will render, though outside of some edge cases that's not a huge deal since they revamped it.

I really hate this and think it's dumb, they should just remove vision skill from tanks and have them always render or if they wanna keep vision skill have the "render" just be a nonspecific tank render in the color of black until identified

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tythas
Oct 3, 2013

Some more updates from the Dev Stream

Harrier GR.1 is going to be a 9.7 Premium
The Kiev is in the game as a carrier

and a good portion of the Japanese Naval tech tree