Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Goon channel got a password change?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The goon channel in-game had its password changed and nobody here either knows about it or replied to my question so it may be dead.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

mlmp08 posted:

lmao, this caused me to fire up the game and find that my account and Elusif's are still in the goons channel.

E: I also let 2 more people into LAME who had applied

Pffft alright im being punked. If theres any space in LAME, since I forget if I'm still even in a squad, may I get an invite?

Name same as here.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

appropriatemetaphor posted:

Does it only seal if there's no fire?

It should seal it, but I'm not sure how well it performed in real life vs War Thunder

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Maybe the soviet ones suck or something. I could swear on the P-47 it seals up pretty quick, on whatever garbage Yak I've been using it just says "sealing" but plane just slowly burns up.

The Yaks are supposed to use inert gas which should choke the fire, but that might be why it isn't sealing properly. I have to re-read up on their SST's though.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Oh I like them because they're real history looking. But I do feel like they're at a disadvantage. The gun especially is real weak in any up tier situation.

You talking about the 50mm, 50mm long, or the 75mm short?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Do people not play AA vehicles in Real/Sim?

'Cause if that's the case I know what my new past-time is :getin:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Sounds like I need to put my AA skills to sim use then

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
No, I was just curious because the 50mm Long shouldn't be too bad unless you're up against frontal armor

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

mmkay posted:

There's a Pz III N

Oh, yeah, if he meant "That exists?" then the Panzer III Ausf N uses the short 75mm of the early Panzer IV's (C/D)

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
You know, the whole "research stuff with your squadron to unlock not-so-viable planes" and checking a couple of the faction tabs reminded me of something I did on reddit... 5 years ago? Christ.

The idea was to grab any plane that could theoretically provide some form of offensive attack, be it bombs or guns.

:sigh: So many cool planes, so little time to research them all.

I even had a huge file that huge "tech trees" for like... every major nation? Can't recall if I did tanks too.

Edit 2:

Pfffffff look at what happens when you have years of free time at a boring job with no supervision and a passion for learning about ww2 stuff

Edit: The dates are wrong cause reasons

Jobbo_Fett fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Mar 10, 2019

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

GreaseGunner posted:

I hate War Thunder. Guess I'll keep playing it.

Thats the spirit!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Erghh posted:

The other night I took out the F9 Panther since I always liked that plane and was actually managing to keep behind/close on a G.91 on alamein. Just as I was about to get a good shot at him I got rammed by a lvl 19 in a F-86/35 in a near vertical dive blapping at the 91 the whole way down. So yeah.

(I'd LAME up but I'm bad, un-miked and play pretty irregularly, keep an eye out for goons tho.)

JOIN LAME ANYWAYS

God.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Dilettante. posted:

I got my first 100 days bonus on Wednesday, (the Veteran Decal) and forgot to login Thursday which knocked me back to day 99. The 100 days bonus is still there and I just got a 500% lions booster from it, lol. :shrug:

Has anyone here ever gotten a vehicle blueprint? Always see those spin but at 1000 days I've yet to win anything.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Blistex posted:

Every now and then I also go seal clubbing. It's not as easy as it used to be, since it think more people are realizing after dicking around with Abrams and Leos than early tier is the best tier.

Early tier is great because you can play the game and also unlock stuff without playing the same vehicle 300 times to spade it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

What's going on when you get a "destroyed a vision block" shot? Is glass just invincible?

Basically, yeah. For whatever reason Gaijin has never bothered fixing vision blocks, so stuff like the Russian T-34 get an added bonus by not having the driver's hatch be a bigger liability than it currently is. The Tiger tank and Ferdinand/Elephant TD also get some added protection thanks to it.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Vision ports have the inexplicable capability of harnessing miniature black holes that absorb all manner of projectiles or fragments of projectiles.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Defensive gunners never get stealth belts, not as far as I know anyways. Reason is that it would be impossible for the gunner to adjust his fire, in a realistic setting.

Without knowing what bomber it was, its hard to say how few tracers might be in said belt.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
It definitely should have tracers. The late turn might have been a replay/lag issue.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

So I'm seriously considering getting the Abrams pack since I'll use the eagles come the may sale anyway, and I wanted to start grinding up the US tree again since the UK is getting real frustrating. I'm only at 6.3-6.7 though with the US. Is it feasible/fun to play 9.0 matches with only the XM-1 while I grind up some other tanks at the tier?

I've seen a lot of people with XM-1s. Speaking for arcade, it should be a safe enough bet.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
How deep is your wallet?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Got any premiums?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Use those, premiums are generally really good money-makers. If you hover over them it'll tell you what % they modify exp+lions gain. P-51 and A26 should be a decent combo, same with the boomerangs. Depends on if you play arcade or not, but ultimately, yeah, you'll kinda want to get used to playing them for a bit if you want to grind out a lot of cash.

And the TU-2 was non-premium, but the swap apparently happened when I wasn't paying attention, so I have no clue why.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Alternatively, let the pubbie shoot you, hit J to confirm he gets attributed the kill and cause him like -20k Lions by holding J for 4 seconds.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
The real secret to success is this:

Only use one vehicle at a time, ever.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Nfcknblvbl posted:

What if you think you have a good chance of clutching victory, and spawning a second vehicle could effectively double your rewards for the match?

Then spawn a 2nd vehicle but only if its a spaded one. Up to a certain point, single-vehicle* repairs is cheaper than getting a kill/objective and quitting out once you die, and you focus all your research gains on the successor that actually gets a bonus, meaning its as efficient as possible, without hurting your other research.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

jadebullet posted:

With the changes to spawn points as well as tank rewards if you aren't slotting at least two tanks for CARB you are not only hindering yourself, but your team.

The tank rewards are no longer as diminishing as they used to be, and you are almost always guaranteed a second tank spawn now.

In any case, I used to just single slot queue but on a whim I decided to try comparing it to a full roster and the full roster seemed to being in higher returns.

Maybe, but full roster still dumps research into 1 vehicle only, which means you end up playing more matches to research the same stuff as a solo/spaded group

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

WebDO posted:

I either don't understand what you're trying to say, or you don't understand how RP works in the game

When researching a vehicle, only the direct predecessor accumulates bonus RP for it. Finishing an entire tier of upgrades to a vehicle gives a one-time bonus of RP for the vehicle you are researching.

If you use a full roster all the time, you "waste" your one-time bonuses while also not getting any bonus RP with [roster - 1] vehicles. Its sub-optimal when you could simply grind with a single vehicle.

No clue how efficient poo poo gets with CARB/SIM, but Arcade that has felt true for the longest time, and the fact that I've stayed at 18 million lions for years now seems indicative of that.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Solumin posted:

Using the direct predecessor gets you 10% or 30% more RP (depending on the vehicles in question) for actions done in the predecessor. It's hardly significant.

loving lmao 30% isn't significant.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Alchenar posted:

Don't play to grind, play to have fun and incidentally occasionally unlock things.

Some vehicles aren't fun to play so you have to grind to the ones that are :shrug:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I haven't kept up with any changes to the earning systems, I just know that its been working for me and at anything below Tier 6 I never wait for very long to find a match. Staying at 18 million while purchasing upgrades, repairs, and new vehicles means I'm staying in the black with the method I'm using. Is it bad? Consensus here seems to be yes, :shrug: works for me.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Solumin posted:

As long as you're having fun, yeah?

If you can't have fun with a Jumbo then what can you have fun with, really?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Nice, should ease the grind on a lot of stuff! Which means more players getting to late-tier stuff earlier, which reduces wait times all around!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

my kinda ape posted:

He was saying the same poo poo near the end of the round when I started shooting the trucks that just spawned too. It was me vs him and he was in a bomber and I couldn't find him so I figured I might as well just go win.

What a BM move! You should've let him win like the honorable knights of the sky of yesteryear!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Danann posted:

I thought the hard part of this event would be trying to figure out which part of the plane is damaged.

No it's the nested layers of disassembly and examination and disassembly and examination and disassembly and examination and disassembly and examination just to get the plane working. :wtc:

Edit: the plane guessing part was more fun and holy poo poo I'm missing it already.

I thought the examination was the entire point, so I was expecting something like -> Examine plane -> Guess what is wrong -> Replace part that is busted -> Examine plane -> Etc etc

Current system seems rather dumb :shrug:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Exioce posted:

I have an interesting video I want to send in to Thunder Skills. Advice on how to record my replay into a three minute video please?

Windows Movie Maker

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Got my plane, gently caress the rest of this bs

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

So how do you get "Armament"? I've almost got this dumb plane done but noticed I don't have anything gun related to fix? Are you actually forced to buy gaijin coins to finish the plane?

Its a random drop from a random drop

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

I could swear I had the guns part, but it disappeared somehow? Maybe it already attached the a finish part or something.

edit: err ok just pulled one out of a chest

Pretty sure the armaments is always broken, so maybe you investigated a busted part?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

If that would just make it disappear then yeah that's probably what happened.

Yeah investigating a busted part gives you scrap or whatever the consumable is.