Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Too fair to worship, too divine to love...

how to the gently caress do you not waste your time in ARB with stock planes? i'm at the point where i need to do them to advance and battle mode in this garbage loving game is the loving worst. love to spend 30 minutes of my time for 200 xp. really gonna take a while to unlock the poo poo you need for the plane not to be a piece of poo poo :allears:

i hate this loving game

e: its apparently strafing poo poo :sigh:

why can't they do the same thing with air that the did with ground with spawn point?

Hegel Exercises fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Oct 8, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Solumin posted:

I've also heard the new protection analysis is even more of a liar than it used to be thanks to volumetric shells. This last update, as usual, added even more bugs.

A lot of it's learning how this new plane should be flown. At the very least, you have to learn how it fits into the rhythm of a battle -- different acceleration, climb rate, rip speeds, etc. -- and getting used to new guns is a whole challenge by itself.
Not so much an issue in arcade, of course.

What plane is causing you pain?

The P-51D-25 -- which I ground until I got the P-47N and everything was groovy.

MrYenko posted:

I’m in Tier VI with nothing more than incidental ground attack. Probably no more than a few dozen destroyed. The trick to playing stock planes (and quite a few of the under-balanced airplanes) is playing conservatively, and developing a really good understanding of energy fighting, and which airplanes excel at which disciplines.

Also, be aware of what BR slot the individual battle is comprised of, and further adjust your play style. I was uptiered for probably 80%+ of matches (gently caress you, snail) from the beginning of Tier V, but those matches aren’t an automatic waste of time if you play conservatively.

This guy’s videos are also extremely worth your time if you’re trying to up your RB (or SB, for that matter) game.

Thanks!

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

tips on yak-3's? i keep getting dove in on and ripped apart by everything

e: i don't think i care for ARB... you spend 10 minutes just watching the plane climb at the start of every match and then get bounced by someone who climbs better it's kinda a poo poo meta

Hegel Exercises fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Oct 10, 2020

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

this game would be improved if there could only be 1 or 2 panthers on the map at any given time and they had a 25% chance to break down every 100 yards

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

i'm sure i'm replaying war thunder's greatest hits but how the gently caress is the R34 with a late-20th century auto cannon at the same battle tier as world war 2 poo poo?

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

In a way I'm glad pubbies don't really do scouting. More XP for me -- but yeah that BT-7 owns hard.

e: Tokyo drifting into a Tiger and jamming a shell right into its side never gets old.

Hegel Exercises fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Oct 12, 2020

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

jesus christ i cannot for the life of me get the yak-3 to work, i just get out turned by... everything. this is supposed to be a plane that's good? lmao

from the in-game wiki:

quote:

the Yak-3 is fast at low altitudes, can outurn the majority of its opponents, and can accelerate quickly. It is great fun to fly and will serve Soviet pilots well in anti-fighter duties

literally none of this is true lmao

Hegel Exercises fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Oct 12, 2020

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

punishedkissinger posted:

yeah pretty much everything on the early russian fighters seems inferior. the il-2 can outturn some of them.

this is 4.0 plane lmao

love getting out turned by loving P-47's when i'm going 400kts and at 1000m :jerkbag:

e: sorry to just carp it's very frustrating that i feel like i'm advancing up the tank lines pretty well but i just keep bouncing off ARB

Hegel Exercises fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 12, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hegel Exercises
Apr 25, 2019

Blistex posted:

So the game is working as intended?

are we getting to the part of the thread where goons defend exploitative game practices? :allears:

e: how many hours do I need to put in for the Stockholm Syndrome of “actually it’s good that this game is actively hostile new players” to kick in? Asking for a friend.

Hegel Exercises fucked around with this message at 07:44 on Oct 13, 2020