Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
what new in this game since italian stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Japan tanks are fun and at the beginning of every round I type "with all these china tanks we can not lose" "lets show them are teriyaki!" and 4/5 rounds at least someone pipes up with "uhm i think you mean JAPANESE tanks" or something similar.

One guy actually said "Presumably you mean Japanese tanks?"

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 24, 2017

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Get a plane with a big bomb, fly directly into the tank and release the bomb at the last possible second.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I played a game yesterday where some guy killed four enemy tanks with a single bomb.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
It seems like the team that has the most planes in the air loses the match like 9/10 times.

I wish you could shoot down your own team's planes as an SPAA it's all I'd do.

I usually practice on friendly planes and I hit one once then he crashed, and it gave me a silver lion TK penalty, whats up with that.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
The war thunder anniversary sale should be in a few days and that means 35$ 360-day premium accounts.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Is it worth getting any of the Japanese jets when they go on sale?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Also I have discovered that you CAN team kill planes with SPAA. I've started doing it when too many idiots get in planes and they get pretty upset, I always explain that I was doing the right thing, since they are saboteurs wasting valuable vehicle spawns in their planes.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Thief posted:

they're all great!

ki200 (me163 on germany) is the hotrod of war thunder

sabre is a sabre :patriot:

r2y2s play like heavy fighters but are classified as bombers which can and has been exploited in sim

kikka is a rad challenge if you're about that cyber ace life. think of it as a more agile me262. i would only recommend this jet for sim or arcade battles unless you know what youre doing

Whatever i get would be my first jet. I've got the first r2y2 researched already but could grind out the ki200 in time for the sale I think, I've got a bunch of premium jap fighters.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I grinded out the american m18 speedy tank destroyer thing when American stuff was on sale.

What's the really good american CAS airplane called again?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Allons goonfants de la Patrie

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Well I did it I a jet man now.

the 3 Ki-84s and the Ki-200 plus the P1Y1 -> R2Y2 V1 totalled about a million and a half silver ducats so I saved a million and a half silver ducats!

Edit:

Does anyone know if its possible to get duplicate foliage bush things from the war bond boxes?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
You can get your tank pretty black using this hun decal if you make it big, two sided, and rotate it around right:

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
News back to news
1 November 2017
Planned technical works 01.11.2017

Pilots and tankers!

At 08:00 GMT on the 1st of November the server will not be available as we will be implementing Update 1.73 "Vive la France" in War Thunder. We will inform you when maintenance is over.

Premium accounts will be compensated for the downtime.

Thank you for your patience!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

jadebullet posted:

Heads up, Tigers are now near invincible from the side. I've had point blank APCR shots at 90 degrees bounce.

good

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I cant decide whether to buy the taiwan or the saudi arabia decal.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Theres a lot of Chinese in the game so the taiwan thing would be good, I wonder if there's a #1 decal.

On the other hand saudi arabia's flag is the most muslim flag in the world.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Arcsquad12 posted:

I have to stop using the Research multipliers. Once I activate them i'm guaranteed to get into a bad game and gently caress up the plane I'm trying to upgrade.

:same:

Half the time i let the big ones expire just because I don't like wasting them.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

YF-23 posted:

Seems weird that you choose to waste 100% of them then.

Nah its only wasting them if i pop them and then get wrecked before i can get any points.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I unlocked the barrel roll and other maneuvers on my china tank and its pretty baller

https://i.imgur.com/AcLdauN.gifv

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Nov 20, 2017

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I only recently noticed you could rangefind and then adjust the elevation on your sights.

I tried to do it to the mouse wheel but it wouldn't work, ended up using Z and C.

Free look I had already bound to alt since I got used to it that way from arma games.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I had a 200% and 300% RP booster and I used them like a schmuck and both times it was miserable garbage rounds with poo poo teams and they were wasted.

Its what I get for not just letting them expire.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Once I got to the chi ha kai I started loving china tanks.

I almost have enough screenshots for a collage i'm making.

ETA: here is a selection from my collection

hakimashou fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Nov 28, 2017

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Kind of disappointing not gonna lie, I was hoping we'd see Italian tanks so I could type "lets show them our macaroni!" at the beginning of every round :(

I haven't thought of a good thing like that for france.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I'd pay $$$ if they had it so you could fight boats in your tanks.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

MrLonghair posted:

This in tanks :laffo:

It's still pretty alpha but can with less vodka, less idiotic design decisions and an engine overhaul, kick serious rear end and be legitimately fine and balanced.

The WoWS rejects who play only Destroyers and want them to be in T1 are the wehraboos of the seas mentally and it's a good time to practice bullseyeing with bombs.

e: the test even balance is basically rubber dinghy VS fully manned ultra-destroyer, instead of getting the bigass 4x88mm cannon boats we had in previous tests before Destroyers came and hosed the balance. Best defense boats have against destroyers is the aiming system, which gets more stable if you strand yourself on purpose, and the enemy Destroyers tend to broadside without worry or care so forward facing turrets are enough to dispatch one after another.

By strand yourself do you mean like run your boat aground?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Japan has no problem at 6.7 because you get the Type 60 SPRG which doesn't care what tier your enemies are or how thick their armor is or if its sloped or whatever.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
you can also practice on your team mates btw especially if you're germany and they are all being useless fucks

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
WT needs some serious pay2trole.

They should let you reduce the BR on your vehicles in exchange for very large increases in repair cost and time.

Like a 9.0 BR tank reduced to 5.7 BR should cost say a million silver lions to repair or require 1 week to repair at max repair skill.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Warbadger posted:

One of the nice things about cold war tanks is that they're all dangerous. Even a T-55 could poke big nasty holes a T-90 in any fight that isn't a frontal slugfest.

One lucky bomb and it doesnt matter what your tank is, even artillery if its a direct hit no?

Dont even hosed up tracks incur some repair cost?

Alternatively, set a limit to how far you can lower the BR?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I had a lot of fun driving the helicopter missiles into tanks during the april fools.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
My jam would be just ramming helicopters with br 1.0 planes tbh

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I couldn't find one on warthunder's awful skins and reticles site but does anyone have a nice funnel sight for the type60 SPRG

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Sad King Billy posted:

Got a 500% research booster, so I decided to try and spade my bomber.

Obviously I get put into a Air Domination battle.

You shouldn't even activate those big ones they always set it up to disappoint you and waste it.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Sard posted:

This just in: Russian Bias because it takes a few more Ostwind shots to destroy the barrel of some Russian tanks compared to non-Russian tanks.

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/404798-comparison-of-cannon-barrels-hp-of-rank-6-tanks

Russians cheat at the olympics is this really surprising?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Medlar posted:

I'm getting burnt out on Air Arcade and worthless teammates. There's not a good reason why I should be at about 3k points and in the top 3 and the rest of the team just sort of... dies a lot with nothing to show for it. Multiply the frustration 300% when you activate a 300% booster and your teammates start shooting each other and I just want to uninstall this bullshit game I seem to have over 100 premium days remaining.

This is why i dont activate those big boosters because the game puts you in the worst teams and then its more frustrating than if you never used it in the first place.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
China tanks and TDs are really fun and the tree isn't clogged up with useless sidegrade stuff.

You'll never have issues penetrating the stuff you fight, you dont have a ton of armor but you always get a great gun.

Also the american tanks you eventually get are good ones, the m24, m41 and 76mm sherman, and they are cheaper/take fewer RP to unlock than they do in the American tree.

Their planes are good too.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Yeah you will earn research points toward the tree of the nation you're currently using at any given time.

To level up the italian tree you have to play italian, and so forth.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
Yeah i think during the sales a year of premium comes out to like 35 bucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Sard posted:

The actual prizes in this event are stupid, but this event still owns:

What is this from?