Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nordick posted:

It's old and not that special, but I had this sitting in my imgur

http://i.imgur.com/24rQmg4.gifv

This is one of the many new/steam achievements that I just want to SAM because I did it long before those were a thing but unlike most games WT also tracks them on its end and I'm not sure what'll happen if there's a disagreement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Feindfeuer posted:

Every few months a new Thread pops up, and I get reminded by my ancient gif that i can't blow up a Tiger and Panther in one pass anymore, nor am I able to paint up my planes in my old attacker pattern anymore (red wings, derpy skull)

:smith:

Decal nerf, never forget

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Recoome posted:

I know that the SM.79 is a carry-over from the good ol' days of when 50kg bombs weren't flaming garbage but loving hell can we please have 100kg bombs like the Z.1007??? Having only 50kg bombs to start with is so unimaginable poo poo.

Imagine hitting 12 targets but killing none.

Or dropping the whole lot on a strategic zone only to chip off about 1/15th of its health. And you still have to deal with that poo poo well into BR5~ on some :ussr: planes.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Camo changes: just give us your loving money already

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

I'm still coasting on the ~1.4 mil refund from however many tech tree changes happened in the 18 months or so I wasn't playing but the minute I decide to buy something in BR5+ (and get out of arcade hell) it's right back to the silver mines.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

BBJoey posted:

if by "some" you mean the g.50 and c.200, yeah, they're not fantastic

Currently stuck in G.50/C.200 purgatory. Using every research boost I get from the daily login just to make the pain go away.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Unreal_One posted:

That's maybe 20 matches to unlock the 202, if you get bad games and don't have premium? Not exactly purgatory. Plus you definitely have the Cr.42, so you have a premium option.

Yeah it wasn't as bad as I thought, I kept running Italy near the end of my sessions and doing dumb lazy poo poo like chasing bombers and lawnmowing out of boredom. Macchi can still eat a rotten cannolo though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Since I both play AB near-exclusively and am real bad at leading even with the indicator on, I use tracer ammo if it's API-T and if nothing else, spewing orange lasers everywhere from the 8 .50s on a P-47 looks hella awesome. I miss the coal red tracers on Italian .50s though.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

War Thunder server patch posted:

M47 - increased fire rate from 6.6 per minute to 8 per minute. Source: TM 9-500 "DATA SHEETS FOR ORDNANCE TYPE MATERIAL.
M4 748 (a) - new shells available: T45 APCR shell and M89 smoke shell.
Planned Battle Rating changes.
Economy changes:
Repair costs and award multipliers of vehicles have been recalculated (details to follow).
The reward for damaging an enemy base has been reduced by 10% for 3rd rank and by 15% for 4th and 5th ranks.
The reward for destroying an enemy base has been reduced by 10% for 4th and 5th ranks.
Scoring for actions in the battle for ground vehicle PvE (“Assault”) has been increased by 30%, and for aircraft, reduced by 15%.
The costs for entering battle in the aircraft/ground vehicle PvE (“Assault”) has been increased by 30%.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Corky Romanovsky posted:

That is just the new balance system. They needed you in that plane in a specific match.

Too many missions? That's your job, pilot!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Thief posted:

haven't played the italian one yet but have spent a lot of time in the American one against everything from N1Ks to Mig15s. the only thing you're gonna outrun are other entry level jets.

the most worthwhile things about it is that it is good for ground attacks and has american .50s and honestly I would only play it in SB or tank modes.

The IRL Air Force came to the same conclusion.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shanakin posted:

Nah that just happens sometimes with it not syncing properly. It should sometime when you log in suddenly get the missing research added.

Sometimes when they add new modules to a plane that was formerly spaded, you can examine the plane in customization and then check out its modifications window and suddenly it'll apply any additional RP from the last time you used it/the round it was spaded/something like that. Pretty great bug I gotta say.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Never not take rockets

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

gently caress everything until boats goes live

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

:gizz:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Warbadger posted:

The gun is good

THE PENIS IS EVIL

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

MrLonghair posted:

Vehicle give-away code to redeem is "WT5YEARS", need five wins air and five wins ground for both vehicles, November 1st — November 3rd active.

Unlikely. They won't let us stretch decals to make a vehicle darker or more covered in improvised camo but the mfs who got six huge thick p2w 70's bushes originally can continue using them no problem, while the rest of us grind warbonds and gamble for what exists today.

This still pisses me off because I mostly used the old giganto-decals to make things day-glo orange or wrapped in sea dragons :krakken:

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Gaijin. Gaijin never changes.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Bombing is hella profitable provided you don't get zeroed in on by fighters like you said. Or, get BV-238 and just Death Star their asses between single-pass base deletions.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

They don't have the option to buy beta medallions this time around, how many chances do you get total?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

the rest of the team achieves their dreams of being flying lawnmowers.

The engine sounds update must be like plane ASMR to them.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Grumio posted:

Time works the same way

Johnny Five Aces-in-a-Day

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

hakimashou posted:

I unlocked the barrel roll and other maneuvers on my china tank and its pretty baller

https://i.imgur.com/AcLdauN.gifv

Afraid I can't let you do that, Star Fox

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Alkydere posted:

I will admit I have noticed people will head-on a D.501 and not realize I'm shooting stealth rounds from my centerline hispano until I peel off and they start exploding.

You also forgot Style on the advantages list Nick. These sky-tanks at least look sexy.

I love stealth rounds on center-mounted cannons, gets 'em every time.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lord Ludikrous posted:

Practice. Also some of us when finding a nice spot to go hull down pre-sight the areas we are likely to be shooting at.

Anyway, been getting back into this after a bit of a hiatus, and have been made irrationally angry after discovering this today.

No more war crimes for me. :(

Double pissed me off when they then made nation flags 500 Gs a pop.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

BadOptics posted:

Just lol if you don't own every P-47 in the game.

Unironic agree.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

YF-23 posted:

The problem is that their drop is so steep that you're either close enough for it to not matter and blow yourself up or far enough to stay alive but have to account for it which is hell.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out what Tiny Tims were actually good for in real life. It seems either situation could be solved adequately with a conventional bomb.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Thief posted:

also explosives in this game have been mostly nerfed into fireworks and hardly represent the actual horrific damage they can do

Ugh, yes, I'm embarrassed to say I've nearly forgotten what it was like before tanks ruined air ordinance.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Thief posted:

for the sake of game balance gaijin's endgame homogenization goal is to give everyone but russia and america the Eurofighter Typhoon

Saab Draken when

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shanakin posted:

AP ammo might not start a lot of fires, or do a lot of splash damage, but it does an awful lot of damage to any module, or person, it actually hits.

This is why mid-late war M2/M3 belts are the best. API-T gets you the metal, the fires AND the look of shooting a dozen Flash Gordon laser blasters, win/win/win!

Solumin posted:

I think for dogfighting I'd rather have multiple smaller guns, like 6 .50s or 2 20 mms. But if I'm going bomber hunting, give me the biggest fridge launcher you can. Which makes me wonder how the Italian P.108 does as an interceptor...

loving terrible. It handles like a drunk whale and can't climb for poo poo despite having seemingly the same airframe and engines as the P.108 bombers, and the down-angled ground attack cannons have always hosed with my aim too much.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

hakimashou posted:

My jam would be just ramming helicopters with br 1.0 planes tbh

Helicopters vs. Chaikas would be legit

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Overjill is a fantastic name

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

thats not candy posted:

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/QueasyFarawayHound-mobile.mp4

I love my vichy frog plane :france:
Tier 1-3 sim is nearly nothing but furballs if you like exploiting that kind of thing

Why does it seem like you're shooting him after he crosses your pipper instead of before?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Oxygen Thief is one of the few streamers of any game I've seen who doesn't make me want to tear my own face off after a few minutes.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

How are these tank/air combined map problems solved in CARB, and what makes a hypothetical CAEC so much more challenging to implement?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

So torpedoes basically double as bombs now? Is their explosive effect about equal to their warhead equivalent in TNT?

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

thats not candy posted:

I did just drop a torp right next to a japanese m24 and it did absolutely no damage, but it flipped him over two or three times before landing on his side and driving off. It was the only drop where I failed to kill at least one tank, I was surprised. No terrain or obstruction between him and the blast, just bugged out zero damage for some reason.

Otherwise torpedo bombing is pretty great, highly recommended.

Unannounced field test of the secret new wonder weapon, the torquepedo.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Nickiepoo posted:

It says a lot about AB that 'some basic competence' along with low-effort rules exploitation lets you basically dominate the game. I used to do this to the bomber spawns when I wanted to actually win games (because I refuse to actually fly a bomber) but it got old real fast.

I've spawncamped bombers too but stopped because I felt like an rear end in a top hat. Whole clans doing it for a career can suck a gently caress.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Arcsquad12 posted:

Or making the spawn zone a no fire no collision zone. Would also prevent spawn crashes and team killing

I don't think the russians will take the neutering of their national pastime lightly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

NoNotTheMindProbe posted:

-P-47 probably getting a nerf

gently caress this gaijin earth