Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
because somehow i managed to dick up my win7 install while trying to create a partition so that i could install ubuntu so i could dick around with it so now im stuck running this poo poo because i odnt have an install cd or anything to make a recovery disk with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i figure step one is to just slap my dick on the keyboard and cry, right

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Shoulda used a virtual machine, op

pram
Jun 10, 2001
step one is to suffer op (the rest of the steps are the same hth)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SO DEMANDING posted:

Shoulda used a virtual machine, op

Yeah I see that now

Rn tho I'm just bracing my butthole to reformat my hd so that I can stop working off a live USB until I can get a new windows install disk

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Rip my hard drive of dumb bullshit

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

ur stuck with linux forever now op. god bless

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OldAlias posted:

ur stuck with linux forever now op. god bless

:negative:

i just wanted to learn to be less bad at computers

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

:siren:
VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
https://bellard.org/jslinux/

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I already ordered a new hard drive and win7 disk because gently caress You so let's just see how far I can get with this

LinYutang
Oct 12, 2016

NEOLIBERAL SHITPOSTER

VOTE BLUE NO MATTER WHO!!!
why dont you just install windows 10

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LinYutang posted:

why dont you just install windows 10

Was just about to come back and say that I changed my mind and ordered win10, also a small internal that I can use to do dumb poo poo on so that I don't gently caress anything up on the one with my actual os

how big of a jump is it from 7 to 20 bc 7 is my fave os ever and 8 was hot garbage

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
come up with fun projects and make them happen op. the learning curve is steep but all goons are made of stars :)

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
start by recompiling your kernel to be more optimized

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Roargasm posted:

come up with fun projects and make them happen op. the learning curve is steep but all goons are made of stars :)

You remember in the Bitcoin thread when the dude did an audit of the code and had to ask what include meant

That's me rn

Are there like any tutorials for mouth breathing idiot baby retards out there

pram
Jun 10, 2001

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You remember in the Bitcoin thread

haha nope

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.
google "<thing you want to learn> tutorial"

ur welcome op

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Suspicious posted:

google "<thing you want to learn> tutorial"

ur welcome op

How to not blow up my computer dear God help me everything is on fire tutorial

pram posted:

haha nope

It's too bad bc that bit is a classic, dude was going to go through the Bitcoin code line by line and immediately didn't know what the gently caress, atlas was amazing and last I knew he had this idea baout how to be immortal

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

you should figure out how to quit vim without just unplugging your computer, op

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

i made a windows install drive once with a vm and usb passthrough

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

You remember in the Bitcoin thread when the dude did an audit of the code and had to ask what include meant

That's me rn

Are there like any tutorials for mouth breathing idiot baby retards out there

i think on ubuntu you press the windows key and then it brings up the start menu thing and it basically works like windows where you start typing what you want to use. the software center? will let you install stuff, it might be on the default list of apps. you have to go to google.com to install chrome though.

"learning linux" has a huge amount of breadth though, what are you trying to do?

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

windows 10 is basically windows 7. 8 had the hud that people poo poo their shorts over but i thought it was fine after a while. everyone always bitches about drivers or whatever but i 've never had that problem even on vista and 64 bit xp. maybe i'm the lucky one there though. idk

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

hifi posted:

i think on ubuntu you press the windows key and then it brings up the start menu thing and it basically works like windows where you start typing what you want to use. the software center? will let you install stuff, it might be on the default list of apps. you have to go to google.com to install chrome though.

"learning linux" has a huge amount of breadth though, what are you trying to do?

i want to tell it to go back to being windows but APPARENTLY THAT ISNT AN OPTION FUCKERS HWY ISNT IT SUNDAY WHY ISNT MY NEW DISK HERE YET AND BY DISK I MEAN USB DRIVE BECAUSE APPARENTLY THEY SELL IT THAT WAY NOW INSTEAD OF YOU HAVING TO MAKE YOUR OWN GODDAMN WHIPPERSNAPPERS

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

oh poo poo can you imagine being stuck in linux permanently forever and ever? what kind of hell would that be

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

I'm looking for the man who shot my paw.

apologies to the OP

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Roosevelt posted:

oh poo poo can you imagine being stuck in linux permanently forever and ever? what kind of hell would that be

It's p fuckin bad I have to be able to speak some fake bullshit language to do anything and it sucks

Sucks bad enough that I'm spending an extra 30 bucks to buy win10 as a download and make my own USB boot so I don't have to wait till Sunday for it to get here

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

step one is to suffer op (the rest of the steps are the same hth)

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
babbys first lunix

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
also lmfao you just spent money on windows

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

congrats you have learned linux, basically that's everything. that feeling you had when you lost everything on your disk? that's the linux feel. now you're stuck in a state of perma tinkering in order to get even the most basic things like a real desktop operating system back on your machine.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moonshine is...... posted:

congrats you have learned linux, basically that's everything. that feeling you had when you lost everything on your disk? that's the linux feel. now you're stuck in a state of perma tinkering in order to get even the most basic things like a real desktop operating system back on your machine.

Oh God why would anyone use this

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

SmokaDustbowl posted:

also lmfao you just spent money on windows

I'd rather spend money and have it just work than gently caress around with upgrading from an upgrade, like today was poo poo enough computer wise without dixking around torrentinf windows

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

it's really hood and powerful

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Paying for office on the other hand that's the true fools errand

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

OldAlias posted:

it's really hood and powerful

It's like a kick in the balls

moonshine is......
Feb 21, 2007

the problem is definitely ubuntu have you tried gentoo?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

moonshine is...... posted:

the problem is definitely ubuntu have you tried gentoo?

These aren't real words these people make up words for their idiot fake language of computers

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
When I realized that using Linux was literally going to be like typing in SWEET HACKER CODR I put the gun in my mouth and bought windows

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn8gealMDsg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Tender embraces

• Locked thread